Jason Brown | Page 984 | Golden Skate

Jason Brown

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
I could see Jason doing another year. He did enjoy both Nats and World's. But whether he would want to commit to a full GP season and more full time training, is another question. I think he really enjoyed all the shows this year and would like to do them as well. Balancing that isn't easy.
I see him doing at least a Challenger before Nats. I see this Nats+Worlds working for one season, but then you could have skaters doing a full season that maybe place below him by little points at Nats and he's the one going to Worlds... I don't know how it would be seen. In my opinion, he did this Nats plus Worlds this year, but next season(s) I see him either doing only shows or shows plus competing both parts of the season. If competing and shows isn't easy he might have to make a choice and not balance them after all aka retire from competition. But seeing him do Worlds so successfully, I see him being able to do GP (or, like I said, at least a Challenger, to give him some kind of body of work before Nats).

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I see him doing at least a Challenger before Nats. I see this Nats+Worlds working for one season, but then you could have skaters doing a full season that maybe place below him by little points at Nats and he's the one going to Worlds... I don't know how it would be seen. In my opinion, he did this Nats plus Worlds this year, but next season(s) I see him either doing only shows or shows plus competing both parts of the season. If competing and shows isn't easy he might have to make a choice and not balance them after all aka retire from competition. But seeing him do Worlds so successfully, I see him being able to do GP (or, like I said, at least a Challenger, to give him some kind of body of work before Nats).
I think that will be the gist of his decision making. He's getting lots of show gigs now, mostly in Japan, and that could last for a few years. Japan can support ice shows. He's doing SOI in Japan, Canada and the US and then goes back to Japan for some shows. So he's very busy. But USFS has to groom some younger skaters for GPs. I would guess that Jason would have to skate at least one GP and a challenger or two to be in the World's mix for next year. He has a lot to think about. He takes his time making important decisions and I'm sure he'll choose wisely.

macy

Record Breaker
i really couldn't ask for anything more out of Jason's skates this weekend. it was just magic.

i hope this has proved to him he CAN be successful while training this new way. as long as he is still enjoying it, he can do it as long as he wants. it's working.

i have no argument about his tech as i don't care much for quads and i am MORE than fine with him doing what he does as well as he does. that being said, is there any way he can up his tech without adding any quads? i don't know if he is doing his max difficulty.

kan01

Final Flight
Country
Romania
i really couldn't ask for anything more out of Jason's skates this weekend. it was just magic.

i hope this has proved to him he CAN be successful while training this new way. as long as he is still enjoying it, he can do it as long as he wants. it's working.

i have no argument about his tech as i don't care much for quads and i am MORE than fine with him doing what he does as well as he does. that being said, is there any way he can up his tech without adding any quads? i don't know if he is doing his max difficulty.
I don't know, but this comp he had a level 3 spin (SP) and a level 3 step sequence (LP), so he wasn't technically clean. Also, some jumps/landings were not done to the best of his ability. So only from there, he could get around 5 points more.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't know, but this comp he had a level 3 spin (SP) and a level 3 step sequence (LP), so he wasn't technically clean. Also, some jumps/landings were not done to the best of his ability. So only from there, he could get around 5 points more.
I loved both of Jason's performances at Worlds (especially the SP) but also didn't think either one was quite as good as US Nationals. At Nats, both programs were -- dare I say this? -- almost transcendent. JMO.

It might be interesting to check his scores from both events, although I am not sure if a comparison would too significant because an all-US judging panel is obviously much different from Worlds.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think the levels and GOEs are the key to increasing his tech scores. He's got the PCs. He won the PCs at World's. But there was room for higher levels and GOEs in his World's programs. The Olympic scores showed that he can achieve those levels and GOEs. It might just take a bit more formal training time prior to competitions, along with the training regimen he sets himself while doing shows. If Jason chooses to go that route, I think that he can make it work. He's unique and the judges appreciate that. But the details matter. And he knows that. It's hard to tend to all the details when you are training on your own. It might just need a week or two on the ice with Tracy to address any little things that need to be cleaned up. And to help balance the practices. My gut feeling is that Jason may have driven himself too hard to get ready for World's. You can over train and over think and need to step back, which is hard to do without that other pair of eyes on you. It's too easy to get into your own head. That said, what he accomplished at World's was pretty amazing! Not one other skater in competition at this time could pull off what he did. But yes, there is room for more points. I am sure that all of these issues will be considered when he starts making decisions. This was a trial run. I'm sure he learned a lot from it. And he had a lot of fun! And we did too! It was great to see him on competition ice! I do hope that he continues doing both shows and comps.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do not know how to capture an IG story. I think for these stories, Jason was reposting the SOI vLog.

(To embed the links so they are visible in the post, you can use the "media" icon, in between the smileys and the quotes. Click the icon and copy the Twitter or IG URL. Then it shows up like this :)

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I do not know how to capture an IG story. I think for these stories, Jason was reposting the SOI vLog.

(To embed the links so they are visible in the post, you can use the "media" icon, in between the smileys and the quotes. Click the icon and copy the Twitter or IG URL. Then it shows up like this :)

The part that I don't understand is where exactly do I find the media icon? Is it on Twitter or is it on GS? Cutting and pasting, I can do. I need an Idiot's guide to doing this, because I seem to be an idiot!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
The part that I don't understand is where exactly do I find the media icon? Is it on Twitter or is it on GS? Cutting and pasting, I can do. I need an Idiot's guide to doing this, because I seem to be an idiot!
*raises hand*
I'm pathetically tech-challenged, so the media icon thing is way beyond me. However, when I copy/paste a link, it does usually show up as a snippet in the post; no icon needed. Below is a test. Hope I don't make a liar AND an idiot of myself…

EDIT: hot dang, it worked. :biggrin:
(and for the record, you don't sound like an idiot to me! ;))

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
*raises hand*
I'm pathetically tech-challenged, so the media icon thing is way beyond me. However, when I copy/paste a link, it does usually show up as a snippet in the post; no icon needed. Below is a test. Hope I don't make a liar AND an idiot of myself…

EDIT: hot dang, it worked. :biggrin:
(and for the record, you don't sound like an idiot to me! ;))
Thank you for the kind words. I don't get the snippet when I copy and paste. I hope to eventually figure it out. For some reason, this particular problem confuses me. I'm missing some essential piece of the puzzle that will help me to understand what I'm doing incorrectly.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The media icon is on GS.

When you go to reply to a thread, there should be a line of light gray icons on top of the post. For example, there is something that looks like an easel, something that looks like a chain, etc.

I don't know what half those icons are for, but I know media. It works mostly with Twitter, IG and YouTube. The media icon looks like two picture frames. To the left is a smiley face, to the right quotation marks. Click on the icon with the two picture frames. It will prompt you to insert a URL. Insert the URL. Then voila, a photo in the post.

It took me forever to figure it out, but now that I have I'm a picture posting fool when it comes to IG and Twitter.:laugh:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The media icon is on GS.

When you go to reply to a thread, there should be a line of light gray icons on top of the post. For example, there is something that looks like an easel, something that looks like a chain, etc.

I don't know what half those icons are for, but I know media. It works mostly with Twitter, IG and YouTube. The media icon looks like two picture frames. To the left is a smiley face, to the right quotation marks. Click on the icon with the two picture frames. It will prompt you to insert a URL. Insert the URL. Then voila, a photo in the post.

It took me forever to figure it out, but now that I have I'm a picture posting fool when it comes to IG and Twitter.:laugh:
Additional info: I don't see the media icon right away; I have to click on the 3 dots (more options) to get it (and some other icons) to appear.

Bookseller

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The media icon is on GS.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The beauty that is Jason's skating, even in practice. As well as the strength, the athleticism, the blade to ice skill.

Also: All. The. Edges. *All* the edges.

I would rather watch this than 85 rotations in the air. And I always will. :)

(I looked for the original photo on IG, but could not find it.)