Javier Fernandez

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Nice book & fabulous flag! :)

Fan confession:
I recently realized that Javi competes for a long time in seniors and that he might be actually lucky that he was born in Spain and not some strong federation. I don't think in Japan he would get opportunity to skate at WC so many times with a poor results at the beginnig. So I'm happy he was born where he was and had a chance to develop his skating skills overall. It's kind of funny, how he & Miki were on such different levels back in 2007. He was such a adorable boy & Miki was the World Champion :) Btw. I loved his hair :cool:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Go Javi! Show everyone they were wrong to place Chan ahead of you in their predictions. Hahaha! :thumbsup:

Hehehe! :biggrin:I hope he can do. It feels like he’s definitely getting BIGGER skater after taking the title.
Further, I’m interested in how their PCS will be.

Yes! VAMOS JAVI! I think he'll do well, the World Title helped him find his motivation and he'll be amazing. And I really want to see that new FS (though his SP makes me more excited)

He still seems to be in Canada since he uploaded a picture at TCC today (Ft. A lovely gift even if they spelled JavieL)

Thanks. Yeah, I believe Naja made a great job for SP. Now he becomes a World champion and brings the program deeply relates to his national identity. It feels wonderful and he is developing himself further!

I think they did that on purpose ;) Nam apparently got something similar. Maybe they are hinting at the creative ways of name butchering that are so popular among commentators :laugh:
:laugh:

@cathlen, I agree with you. He was born to be a champion in the historical way in his mother nation. In my case, the more I know about him, the more I come to love him.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Oh, he is going to change the costume?:biggrin:

His score isn't bad (I don't know the details.). He got 86.6(TES) and 90.64(PCS). And the audience seemed to get excited by his performance!
He's started this season well!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I loved the 4S+3T combo. It was awesome! Hope he gest his jumps all together and has more clean skates throughout the season.

Khoai

Match Penalty
Mr Fernandez could do much more, why his coach keep giving him the same type of program?

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Javi is slowly but surely getting more exposure in Spain. A midday news broadcast featured a bit of his performance at JO. Good to see him on the Spanish news not only in the big events, but also during smaller competitions :yes:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Javi is one of the four World Champions in JO2015 interviewed in this article:

World champions talk new season, new programs
Asada, Chan, Tuktamisheva, Fernández provide self-analysis, state goals

Fernández, meanwhile, is more focused on choreography, especially in the short.

"It's something new for me; I've never done a flamenco program this way," Fernández admitted. "I've been working with the best flamenco teacher that I could've ever imagined, the best of the best: Antonio Najarro. He is the director of the Spanish National Ballet, so he is the top. Just watching him doing it, you learn a lot. You see how you're doing it, and how it is supposed to be, and that really helps me. And then, working in front of the mirror, having a picture of Antonio doing it and then watching myself doing it, I can see the mistakes, I can try to improve it. It's hard and it needs a lot of work."

This season, the Grand Prix Final will once again be held in Barcelona, and the Spaniard doesn't want to miss it.

"I will go to China, which is number three of the Grand Prix Series, and Russia, which is number five," Fernández said. "Before number three, I have those extra weeks for training, and then after number five, I will have two weeks until the Grand Prix Final, if I qualify. So, for me, that would be the perfect timing."

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I'm amaze at how much smoother Javi skates after watching his JO skate. I think he must have hired Kim Yuna's arm choreographer because his arm movements have improve tremendously. If he hits all the levels on spins and his step sequence and lands all his jumps we could see him score close to 200 in his LP this season.

Last edited: