Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silvia HUGEC (SVK)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Is LaLaLand the newest warhorse?

There were twenty of them last season and most of them in juniors so this is not new. Just a continuation.

Having seen @4 The Greatest Showman numbers in the same event this summer, I would say it is the new La La Land. New award-winning musicals always generate a lot of skating programs. Whether they will remain popular after several seasons remains to be seen.

Haleth

On the Ice
Unless I missed it no one has mentioned Aurora Cotop has been given Alison’s place

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Unless I missed it no one has mentioned Aurora Cotop has been given Alison’s place
She's still listed by the ISU.

If you're going by Skate Canada's website, that's outdated. Aurora was originally assigned to this event, but subsequently pulled.

babyskate

On the Ice
Is there a way to watch the competition? I don't see any option on NBC Gold which was suppose to replace Icenetwork.

Haleth

On the Ice
She's still listed by the ISU.

If you're going by Skate Canada's website, that's outdated. Aurora was originally assigned to this event, but subsequently pulled.

Thanks! So as a general rule it's better to consult the ISU lists after the initial listing by the fed?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks! So as a general rule it's better to consult the ISU lists after the initial listing by the fed?
Yeah, the ISU list is the most up to date, generally. Skate Canada has weirdly lagged on updating some stuff (but not others).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ugh, Anna Tarusina's new layout doesn't have her wonderful 3Lz-1Lo-3F and by repeating the 3T, has a lower BV than last year where she repeated 3Lo :(

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Ugh, Anna Tarusina's new layout doesn't have her wonderful 3Lz-1Lo-3F and by repeating the 3T, has a lower BV than last year where she repeated 3Lo :(

I'm going out on a limb, and am predicting Tarusina will win. I just hope Scherbakova still gets a second JGP to gain consistency on her 4Z.

zounger

Medalist
I'm going out on a limb, and am predicting Tarusina will win. I just hope Scherbakova still gets a second JGP to gain consistency on her 4Z.

I have the same feeling. Even Young You has a chance. Both for Tarusina and Shcherbakova this is the first JGP event and it will be interesting to see how each of them will handle the pressure. Not so much the pressure from the other girls but to have a good clean skate in order to secure the second assignment.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think Tarusina will do fine, she was eerily consistent last season (even more so than Medvedeva)
If Shcherbakova stands up on her quad, she should be fine.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I think Tarusina will do fine, she was eerily consistent last season (even more so than Medvedeva)
If Shcherbakova stands up on her quad, she should be fine.

I actualy think sherbakova can afford to fall on the quad as long as it is fully rotated if everything else is clean. Remember that the 4Lz doesnt replace a 3Lz but a 2A when you compare her layout to the other ladies

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
I think for the first place we'll see The two Anna's battle. Having by far the greatest BV, I see Shcherbakova as a favourite, but she'll need two great programs in order to win. I expect Tarusina to be clean, she was really consistent last season and she even lowered a little bit her BV. Not the best draw for them, but their potential is huge and I think will prevail. :thumbsup: I must admit I have a soft spot for Shcherbakova, her skating is like from another world, and the fact she's planning to make history by landing a 4Lz, well that's something incredible. :jaw: