2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies Free Skate | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Ladies Free Skate

zounger

Medalist
Very happy for the girls. After this kind of injuries to come back and be on top :agree: . And for mach more improved Young You :2thumbs:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Thank you all for being here and keeping me company, now I gotta sleep... See you next week!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
So well-deserved for all these 3 young ladies :luv17:
A beautiful moment after lots of work and so many difficulties...I am so happy to see them successful, smiling!:cheer:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Such a charming podium. Young You's dress is so gorgeous, as is her smile. Anna Tarusina looking through the clear center of the medal was adorable, and I'm pretty sure the way that Anna Shcherbakova entered the rink was as close to skipping as one can safely get on ice. The way they both held the Russian flag and shared the glory was truly touching. Bravo to all!

cohen-esque

Final Flight

She did a flying sit spin, a combination spin with a change of foot, and then another full combination spin with a change of foot.

The FS needs to have a spin in one position, a flying spin, and a combination spin, and they all need to be of “different character.” So by the requirement she either had the flying and combination spin but not the one-position spin, or she had the one positions spin and a combination spin but not the flying spin (depends how you’d count the FSSp) and then the second CCoSp was invalid anyway, since she’d already done one.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The protocols are out.

Tarusina's final choreographic spin was marked as an invalid element, which would help explain the score.

There is always a lot of griping over scores but I’m not afraid to say I think the judges do a pretty fair job most of the time. Especially on the JGP. I do not envy them either :scard7:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Ji Hun had indeed carrot cake. Hope she'll work on it, because she has potential for really good scores :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm guessing she forgot to do one of the combination spins as a flying entrance.

happened to alaine last year too... the 3 spins must be different... and one of them as to be one foot i think..btu i am no expert. ladies who include a layback, a sit and a combo spints have no problems ;a0

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She did a flying sit spin, a combination spin with a change of foot, and then another full combination spin with a change of foot.

The FS needs to have a spin in one position, a flying spin, and a combination spin, and they all need to be of “different character.” So by the requirement she either had the flying and combination spin but not the one-position spin, or she had the one positions spin and a combination spin but not the flying spin (depends how you’d count the FSSp) and then the second CCoSp was invalid anyway, since she’d already done one.

It sounds like the skaters may soon need to start hiring lawyers to unpack all of this :laugh2:

I really appreciate your insight here. It’s very informative :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what's up with the dislikes on you young's videos since thursday? :unsure:

Some people just suffer from Mood Poisoning :whack:

Honestly the greatest reason I’ve seen yet is that some people get “not available in your country” and so they dislike it. I can’t really blame them for doing that.