Johnny Weir - IFSMagazine Article | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir - IFSMagazine Article

Brandi_DeLain

On the Ice
So, I guess Johnny and Evan's supposed rivalry is upped in the anti by them each having a legendary Russian coach.
Linny

Well, Evan will still be coached by Frank Carroll, and he said in his Ice Network interview that he'll still be working with Lori Nichol. I'm not really sure what Tarasova is going to do for him in just a couple of weeks. I wonder if she's going to choreograph his programs or just work with him on style elements. I guess all will eventually be revealed.

On topic: That was a great Johnny interview. Making the move to Galina was the perfect thing for him.

antmanb

Record Breaker
So, I guess Johnny and Evan's supposed rivalry is upped in the anti by them each having a legendary Russian coach.
Linny

I'm not quite sure that Galina is even in the same league in terms of "legend" status that TAT is and as others have noted, TAT is only Evan's choreographer not his coach.

Ant

jennylovskt

Medalist
This is the best news I've heard about Evan. Under Tatianna's coaching, I bet he won't have those jerky movements and flailing arms. I can't wait to see the program.

Dee

I think the flailing arms was Evan's natural way to express himself. Let's see if Tatiana could make him abanden his old, natural way. I, too, can't wait to see what TAT can do to Evan.

Brandi_DeLain

On the Ice
If its the latest IFS, I liked reading the artilcle about Stephane which was more about Johnny.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. This thread is about the latest issue of IFS (check the first post for a link to the article). It is the July/August issue with Johnny on the cover. The cover story is titled "Johnny Weir : Act Two." There is no mention of Stephane in the article because it was written before he switched coaches.

Which article are you referring to?