Joshua Farris | Page 60 | Golden Skate

Joshua Farris

musicfan80

Medalist
That's cool that you live nearby andromache - if you can and want to you should try and get a ticket to the camp's show.

Off topic - I didn't realize that this was what Parker Pennington was up to since he stopped competing. He was a nice skater - it was too bad that his senior career wasn't more successful. But these dance/skating camps seem really cool and look so far to be successful.

I am still wondering about whether this takes Joshua out of summer competitions - aren't they normally in mid-late July?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am still wondering about whether this takes Joshua out of summer competitions - aren't they normally in mid-late July?

I'm not sure why they would - maybe he's going to do a comp nearby? I'm sure they have it all planned out.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello fellow Josh friend! :ghug:

This must be the most torturous comeback ever :laugh: Still no sightings, no program news, no competition news...there is a part of my heart that dares not believe this is really happening and will not until I see him skate...

It seems there are two stealth-comeback modes. The first mode is the Joshua mode: announce the comeback and then go radio-silent. Then second mode is the Artur mode: simply enter and skate a competition without talking about it first. :laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Speaking of the Skate It Forward fundraising show, I am a but surprised that Jason isn't announced as part of the cast. Isn't the Ronald McDonald Charities one of Jason's favorite organizations? It would be neat if we saw a friendly picture of Joshua and Jason together at an ice show or some other event.

Although Jason is not in this year's cast, he recorded a message of support for Skate It Forward:

ETA:
And Jason donated an autographed Team USA jacket:
https://www.facebook.com/SkateItForward/videos/1901015793476541/ (May 2)​

Hope Josh and his castmates have a great show. Hoping for some photos and/or video :popcorn:.

Thanks for sharing.
Love that Josh is a role model :cool:.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was just coming in here to post these! But as always, ic, you are faster :yes:

It's so great to see pics of Josh! And cute cookie decorating!

This is such a big show, with lots of big names attending...all of my fingers and toes are crossed that there will be reports and maybe even fancams... Please skate gods...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
[SUP][/SUP]
I was just coming in here to post these! But as always, ic, you are faster :yes:

It's so great to see pics of Josh! And cute cookie decorating!

This is such a big show, with lots of big names attending...all of my fingers and toes are crossed that there will be reports and maybe even fancams... Please skate gods...

But no question that Josh is lucky to have you as his #1 fan, karne :bow: :ghug:.

Photo of a Skate It Forward poster/flyer(?) with autographs from Josh and the other cast members:

(Hope springs eternal, but the only fancam I have seen [so far??] is of Livvy Shilling's program:

ETA, more photos from Ronald McDonald House yesterday:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... I'm kinda worried about the arena - it doesn't look like it has a lot of capacity. I hope they are able to raise a lot of money.

My understanding is that a lot of fundraising took place before show day -- unrelated to ticket sales. The goal is $40,000.

This Instagram says, "... at show time, they had already raised $35,000 ..."

My guess is that the on-ice cast photo here includes two of the top fundraisers (who are holding trophies)? One of them also was at Ronald McDonald House yesterday.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
This Instagram says, "... at show time, they had already raised $35,000 ..."

Excellent! :yahoo:

========================

Still no video anywhere I can find of Joshua's program. But it seems so far that he is well.

Photos from Skate It Forward from the after party.

Video from the after party: Looks like Josh was asked for some sort of dance-off? The funniest part is Chris Knierim in the backgroup not getting involved because he was stuffing his face. I bet Chris could boogie better than any of them. :yes:

Somewhat off topic from the show - Does it look like Joshua has been lifting some serious weights? Or has he always been built like that across the upper arms and chest. It was especially noticeable when Chris was standing next to him - I always thought that Joshua used to look a lot smaller. I hope that doesn't throw his quads off too much.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Skate It Forward video montage:

Includes snippets of solo performances today by Josh and the other headliners.

I will only confess this in here, for I know you all won't judge :ghug:, but when I saw just that tiny clip, of him performing the Give Me Love footwork we know and love so well...I could feel the tears welling up. To see just a glimpse of him performing again...not just doing elements, but performing...

Somewhat off topic from the show - Does it look like Joshua has been lifting some serious weights? Or has he always been built like that across the upper arms and chest. It was especially noticeable when Chris was standing next to him - I always thought that Joshua used to look a lot smaller. I hope that doesn't throw his quads off too much.

He's been broader across the chest for a little while - I actually noticed it more in 2015, it seemed he had a bit of a spurt of putting on weight as muscle, like Jason has, but a little earlier (which generally matches their timeframes, as Josh, despite being younger, has always seemed to hit those "growth" milestones before Jason - he hit his adult height first, he hit the shaving first, he put on his adult weight first).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I will only confess this in here, for I know you all won't judge :ghug:, but when I saw just that tiny clip, of him performing the Give Me Love footwork we know and love so well...I could feel the tears welling up. To see just a glimpse of him performing again...not just doing elements, but performing...

:ghug:

... Josh, despite being younger, has always seemed to hit those "growth" milestones before Jason - he hit his adult height first, he hit the shaving first, he put on his adult weight first).

Speaking of shaving ;):
Jean Luc Baker has an Instagram story that is a good "close-up" selfie of just Josh and JL. (#StubbleBrothers :laugh: :cool:)

- HeatherC  @kwanfan1212
Skate It Forward was really fun. Enjoyed the local skaters and the guest stars were great. Accidently almost crashed the cast party...
4:51 PM - 6 May 2017
https://twitter.com/kwanfan1212/status/861005569972482048

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
HeatherC on FSU has come through with the magic goodness of wonder!

LOOK. LOOK.

AND THERE'S A TRIPLE AXEL AND ALL OF HIS GORGEOUS SPINS EVEN THE TWISTY PRETZEL ONE AND THE FOOTWORK AND THE EVERYTHING AND *bawls*

Tavi...

Record Breaker
HeatherC on FSU has come through with the magic goodness of wonder!

LOOK. LOOK.

AND THERE'S A TRIPLE AXEL AND ALL OF HIS GORGEOUS SPINS EVEN THE TWISTY PRETZEL ONE AND THE FOOTWORK AND THE EVERYTHING AND *bawls*

I am amazed he did the twisty pretzel one - yay, he's back!