Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
If I start a petition to cover Julianne in bubble wrap for the entire period of time between the Grand Prix and Nationals next year, who would sign?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad to hear the news of her concussion. They started out the year so beautifully at Sk Amer, and it just seemed like things went downhill after that. So sorry for that, as they are a very enjoyable team to watch. Best wishes for Julianne for a speedy recover.

reneerose

Final Flight
If I start a petition to cover Julianne in bubble wrap for the entire period of time between the Grand Prix and Nationals next year, who would sign?

I would! I'm so gutted that they won't be able to compete in Nationals. My best hope for them is that there are NO lingering effects at all from the concussion. Those are scary types of injuries. Wonder how it happened.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh this is heartbreaking. I wonder if there's any chance at all they would be able to go to 4CCs or Worlds...

lucyagogo

On the Ice
They got their spot for Worlds but not for 4CC ... so sad we couldn't see them at Nationals I was rooting for them. Hope a speedy recovery so they can show what they're capable of at Worlds.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm so happy we'll hopefully see them at Worlds :cheer: Probably for the best about 4CCs, I'm happy Julianne will have as much time as possible to rest and recover- concussions can be very serious.

reneerose

Final Flight
They did great today! 11th place! Was glad to see Julianne back! They both looked happy with their skates!

TMC

Record Breaker
I thought they did great and I must say I was a bit surprised at the scores. Anyways, they got a standing ovation from me :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two are my happy place, I honestly don't even care about their scores/placements :cheer:

reneerose

Final Flight
Now they aren't going to be in the WTT. I hope nothing serious healthwise is happening with them. This has not been an entirely fortunate season for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Now they aren't going to be in the WTT. I hope nothing serious healthwise is happening with them. This has not been an entirely fortunate season for them.

i agree... it's weird.. like Meagan and Eric, they started strong.. they won ACI landing sbs 3loop in the sp... they held off J/C to remain in the gold medal position after theLP. S/B were not landing a thing in the warm up but nailed it all in th LP...

since then, they have struggled.... and then, the concussion. I think they have amazing potential. They are so young and so well matched. I hope life smiles at them and opens the right doors for them.

LOVE from 4everchan

reneerose

Final Flight
Is anyone going to go see them in the Canadian Stars on Ice? I'm hoping we hear some news soon. I'm so worried about them. :confused: I was even thinking of going to Nationals in Vancouver next year from California to see if I could meet them. I hope they have a future Stars on Ice where they can come to California.

Last edited:

reneerose

Final Flight
Okay they've been removed from the list of skaters appearing at the Canadian Stars on Ice. I don't know what's wrong with them but I hope whatever it is they can heal up well for the Olympics! Prayers for them!

reneerose

Final Flight
Charlie's Instagram showed him apparently in hospital recovering from a knee procedure....?! Hope it isn't serious?!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Charlie's Instagram showed him apparently in hospital recovering from a knee procedure....?! Hope it isn't serious?!

well he said he now has a new knee.. so that sounds very serious.. sigh...

it would explain why he had jump issues this year though and why they dropped their gorgeous 3loop which were so exciting at the beginning of the season.... i wish them a speedy recovery... so promising, such bad luck...

i even said julianne should skate singles too this year, in case he is not ready... she would be close to 3rd or 4th in the country in singles... maybe good enough to go to the olympics haha

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, that's a tough break. I enjoyed them so much at SA last year. Guess I just didn't realize he was having big problems throughout the year. Between the concussion and the knee -- YIKES! Speedy recovery to Charlie.

reneerose

Final Flight
I thought Charlie was joking. A new knee at his age?! I could imagine maybe a repair job....but a whole new knee?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I thought Charlie was joking. A new knee at his age?! I could imagine maybe a repair job....but a whole new knee?

well.. i don't know the extend of the medical situation... all I can say is that in French we often joke saying "a new knee" or other body part after a substantial surgery.... was it a major injury or some "normal for an elite skater" repair??? I don't know... however, it seems like it was overdue for him.... and would explain some of the lack of confidence he has had on his jumps after ACI. they dropped the successful 3 loops after that... and he wasn't too confident all year on jumps... but that's just my impression. I don't know really if the injury was major and if it affected his jumps