Kamila Valieva | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'd die to have the opportunity to look Princess Aliona in the eye and ask her about that... :biggrin:

As for Kami, I think it's a very good chance for her to do her best without enormous pressure.
I hope you get that opportunity Patee. ;) All we can do is wish her well and to hope aliona still skates beautifully because her skating is uber beautiful. But it is puzzling why she lost her 3A.

There is still some pressure because this is the first big senior event for Kamila that she's the clear and heavy favorite. I don't consider that Russian Cup Series event that she won a big event.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I'd die to have the opportunity to look Princess Aliona in the eye and ask her about that... :biggrin:

As for Kami, I think it's a very good chance for her to do her best without enormous pressure.
She didn't want to say why, but I have no doubt it was quite important. And what anti-Tutberidze don't seem to understand, is that her leaving her team didn't imply the coaches were not good in general, just that she, personally, couldn't stay.

@Scott512
She didn't "lose her 3A". She left TeamTutberidze before being able to recover it post-confinement (and it may have given her worries which may have influenced her decision; remember they were in a "bubble" at the summer camp so she had nobody to confide in person); then she had another 2-week confinement, this duration implying restarting "from scratch" in August; she was already recovering it at Rostelecom Cup, she said it wasn't yet in her competition routine because her success rate was still too low; then she had CoViD, another 2-week confinement (plus the illness itself, and its lingering effects), we will see if she has one at Cup final but we cannot know.
Sorry, it was out-of-topic.

I hope both will skate beautifully, and on this I am quite optimistic, whatever the jump base value. :love:

Scott512

Record Breaker
She didn't want to say why, but I have no doubt it was quite important. And what anti-Tutberidze don't seem to understand, is that her leaving her team didn't imply the coaches were not good in general, just that she, personally, couldn't stay.

@Scott512
She didn't "lose her 3A". She left TeamTutberidze before being able to recover it post-confinement (and it may have given her worries which may have influenced her decision; remember they were in a "bubble" at the summer camp so she had nobody to confide in person); then she had another 2-week confinement, this duration implying restarting "from scratch" in August; she was already recovering it at Rostelecom Cup, she said it wasn't yet in her competition routine because her success rate was still too low; then she had CoViD, another 2-week confinement (plus the illness itself, and its lingering effects), we will see if she has one at Cup final but we cannot know.
Sorry, it was out-of-topic.

I hope both will skate beautifully, and on this I am quite optimistic, whatever the jump base value. :love:
Confinement hurt a lot of skaters for a lot of reasons.

I'm hoping Kamila and Aliona and the rest skate beautifully and at a very high level. It's been a crazy mixed-up season and hopefully next season will go off on cue for everybody involved.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What’s her potential? Because it seems like she is still trending upwards.

This is the first time you can really start to see that she believes she is the best. The differnce even from Nationals is evident. She has that look in her eyes now that shows that she no longer feels like the junior underdog.

The winner’s aura is staring to envelope her.

Last edited:

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
"I'm glad I tried a new element, new content, but not happy that I was a little out of my mind. You can say that I lost to myself today, because in most cases in training I skate the program cleanly. And now I don't understand what happened to me"
Sounds like she has been consistently skating cleanly to that crazy layout in training. That's truly impressive. :clap:

melsh

Rinkside
Kamila reminds me of Yuzuru, not only for her monstrous talent, but also for the purity, the precision of her skating, the fresh and young look she has, almost naive. But under the cute baby face a volcano is hidden. I bet that, like Yuzu, she has been improving herself with an almost maniacal drive. She is working so hard and she has such natural skills that I'm certain she'll have a Yuna Kim moment at the Olympics and do everything perfectly, like a walk in the park. She will be super trained so she doesn't need to worry. She must have some regret after yesterday because perhaps she's consistently nailing the Olympic FS layout in practice, and she wanted to wow the world, but I think that in the back of her mind she knew that this Final wasn't such a pivotal competition and she didn't put her soul and life in it. The stars didn't align and were not supposed to. They'll do it at the right moment.

Last edited:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Kamila's victory Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CL30mEOJVGP/

“In life, you need to strive to overtake not others, but yourself” (Maltbie Babcock). So far overtaking myself did not work out. Yesterday was a bit exciting. But let's not rush things. Everything will come when it should come✨. I believe that this content will also submit🍀 After all, you should never take up something that you do not think that you can achieve. I am very grateful to everyone who works with me Eteri Georgievna @ tutberidze.eteri Daniil Markovich @daniil_gleikhengauz Sergey Viktorovich. I would like to congratulate Maya on successfully performed two different quadruple jumps. You are very clever! You decided what you want to get, went for your goal 🎯 and achieved what you wanted. Follow your own path!
Many thanks” to Alexei @ alexei.yagudin for his continued support. Believe me, it is felt not only on Channel One, but always and everywhere! We are glad that we have you! ⭐️ I am grateful to my fans for their support and an unrealistically beautiful banner. Our family and friends appreciated it. Your help and support are invaluable🙏❤️🌟 We work further"

So Kamila is basically saying what we've been discussing and also what is in line with her post competition comments. Nice comment about Maya!
Such a sweetheart Kami! Also congratulating Maiia! She doesn’t have to, but so seeet of her to give a shout-out and support to her teammate (and a friend) on such special day for her :)

Also, her saying, that she will be able to conquer her tech from cup final... so fierce! we all know you can do it, Kami!

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
meme princess :biggrin:
649972.gif

Decoder

On the Ice
Kami‘s interview with la personne is out!
How wonderful! It is a very pleasant reading.

It is strange that I got a feeling, like, I said to myself: I am really old now. Why do I feel this way? Well, I read this part when Kamila is asked about music:

After all, different music is always born inside. It depends on the mood, on the people around, on the pictures of nature before the eyes, on the feeling of joy, sadness, sadness or absolute happiness, on the silence outside the window, from the moon in the night sky, from a rainbow, from falling snowflakes or raindrops, from the aroma of coffee , from the smile of Eteri Georgievna, from the jokes of Daniil Markovich, from the voice of Sergei Viktorovich, from the applause of the audience, from the sinking of the heart before going to the start, from the creak of ice under the blade of the skate .... It is always different emotions and different music in the soul.

This girl feels, hears and sees music everywhere. Maybe all young girls do? I guess I've listened to more music pieces than Kamila, but I strongly prefer very specific genres and don't (want to) listen to other different types of music. I am not saying my taste is not good enough for me, everyone has different taste and no one is better than the other.

So happy for her!

By the way, I hope she will get a big sponsor soon.

macy

Record Breaker
How wonderful! It is a very pleasant reading.

It is strange that I got a feeling, like, I said to myself: I am really old now. Why do I feel this way? Well, I read this part when Kamila is asked about music:

After all, different music is always born inside. It depends on the mood, on the people around, on the pictures of nature before the eyes, on the feeling of joy, sadness, sadness or absolute happiness, on the silence outside the window, from the moon in the night sky, from a rainbow, from falling snowflakes or raindrops, from the aroma of coffee , from the smile of Eteri Georgievna, from the jokes of Daniil Markovich, from the voice of Sergei Viktorovich, from the applause of the audience, from the sinking of the heart before going to the start, from the creak of ice under the blade of the skate .... It is always different emotions and different music in the soul.

This girl feels, hears and sees music everywhere. Maybe all young girls do? I guess I've listened to more music pieces than Kamila, but I strongly prefer very specific genres and don't (want to) listen to other different types of music. I am not saying my taste is not good enough for me, everyone has different taste and no one is better than the other.

So happy for her!

By the way, I hope she will get a big sponsor soon.
That is quite a quote from a 14 year old! wow.