Kamila Valieva | Page 41 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

macy

Record Breaker
That's aslo why I like to watch even the "weaker" groups in competitions, because it reminds you how difficult the technical part of skating is. People are often pichy, complain about "imperfections" and all, but it should be always reminded that a "mistake on something so easy" comes from how demanding it is.
oh i know, people forget sooo incredibly easily, especially those who have never been a skater. there was a comment in the RLT a couple weeks ago where someone was assuming you should have one or two triples by skating twice a week and i was like oohhh nooooooo :laugh2: you'd be lucky to have all your singles! one of the funniest things i've read in a while.

honestly back when i competed most of my competitors (including myself) quit around the time they were learning double axels and early triples, i'd be surprised if it were any different now. it's the turning point where you really learn whether or not you can physically go farther. most find out they can't.

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
That is a beautiful video of a beautiful program by a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress 😍

So true. Good to get a close-up look at the design. It has that same kind of blend of the lighter color with the darker color that we've seen in her SP dress and I guess in one of Alyona's dresses too. Like the purple becomes almost white, but it's still purple.

And we're not allowed to argue about skirt length in this thread! Either she intended to grab the hem of her skirt in her clockwise spin or it didn't happen. No other option!

NaVi

Medalist
172334247_457170195535164_4232483119113364458_n.jpg

Photo taken from: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNmuntVJWBW/

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Here's a fan cam with a couple more quad salchows, from the show in St. Petersburg, apparently. I've cued it up to the first attempt and fall -- afterwards Kamila doesn't get up, just sits crisscross-applesauce on the ice for a bit. Pretty great stuff.