Kamila Valieva | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Vemvane

On the Ice
a5efe570da3103bc782bceb91b315524.png
On the one hand, yay, another figure skater on horseback! On the other hand, I am shrieking at the sight of bare feet in open stirrups and no helmets. It's such a dangerous combination - my stomach feels like it's full of ice right now, just thinking of how easy it is for a foot to slip through those stirrups and the rider to be dragged. Kamila, take better care of yourself!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
On the one hand, yay, another figure skater on horseback! On the other hand, I am shrieking at the sight of bare feet in open stirrups and no helmets. It's such a dangerous combination - my stomach feels like it's full of ice right now, just thinking of how easy it is for a foot to slip through those stirrups and the rider to be dragged. Kamila, take better care of yourself!
There was a time in the past when horse riders and cyclists didn't wear helmets. Humanity survived :)

Vemvane

On the Ice
There was a time in the past when horse riders and cyclists didn't wear helmets. Humanity survived :)
Oh, yeah, it's just, as horse owner and a lifelong rider, I have seen some truly gruesome accidents happen even under the safest circumstances, from shattered elbows to people falling underneath horses and having their faces trodden in, concussions from a horse just tripping and the rider landing head first, people being caught with a foot in the stirrups and being dragged, whiplash, dislocations, and so on, and, well, I'd really rather not see people take unnecessary risks. And while I know Kamila came out safely from this, else we'd have a very different post on social media, it would have been a real pity for her to start out the Olympic season with, say, a foot needing reconstruction because a horse trod on it and spun around. I just want her to make it through the season safe and sound!

melsh

Rinkside
I've read somewhere she's keeping Storm. So no change of both programs? anyone knows?