Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kana and Dai have been back in Florida. 🌞

ISU announced 2021-2022 event calendar.

I wonder if they plan to compete at Lake Placid International. I hope they do because what they need most is experience.
I think they will participate U.S. International Classic, Asian Open and NHK Trophy this season.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Kana and Dai announced their programs for 2021-2022 season.

RD
Music: Soran Bushi by Maia Barouh (blues)& Koto by CloZee (hip hop)
Choreography: Marina Zoueva/Ilia Tkachenko/Koyo Yanai
Kana's Instagram
Dai's Instagram

FD
Music: La Bayadere
Choreography: Marina Zoueva/Massimo Scali/Ilia Tkachenko
Kana's Instagram
Dai's Instagram

Maia Barouh is a Japanese French musician.
CloZee is a musician based in France.
Koyo Yanai is a Japanese actor/dancer/choreographer, and he was also in Hyoen 2019: Like the Moonlight.
Soran Bushi is one of the most famous Japanese folk songs, a fishermen's song of Hokkaido.

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Another sneak peek + interview from live news α:

It is reported they intend to start off the season at an intl. comp in September or October, which rules out Lake Placid. Maybe they're eyeing Lombardia Trophy (10-12 September), U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (15-18 September), Finlandia (7-10 October) or Asian Open (13-17 October)?

ETA:

meowmix (thank you so much as always!) uploaded a version with English subs (you need to activate the subtitles in the control panel).

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Another sneak peek + interview from live news α:

It is reported they intend to start off the season at an intl. comp in September or October, which rules out Lake Placid. Maybe they're eyeing Lombardia Trophy (10-12 September), U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (15-18 September), Finlandia (7-10 October) or Asian Open (13-17 October)?

Thanks for the YouTube video although I recorded it in my Blu-Ray recorder last night and have already watched a dozen times. :biggrin:

They may be sent to Asian Open because it's a Beijing WOG test event and they and Team KoKo (the Komatsubaras) are the only national trainees in ice dance. I hope they get to compete at U.S. International before that. What they lack most is competition experiences.

I love :love2: their new RD! Like Dai's hip hop swan SP was something men's figure skating had never seen before, this RD will bring something new to ice dance. I'm so happy they kept La Bayadere FD, too because it was such a beautiful program, but they didn't have an opportunity to skate to its potential.

Last edited:

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
A brilliant idea and such an exciting music choice! Can't wait to see them. Daitsuke is so intense, such a fantastic performer. Not surprising that he is creative as well and contributed to the program. Once I watched the entire Hyoen theatre on ice because Daitsuke was so mesmerising. Opened it only to see Julia Lipnitsaya's bits and watched the entire performance :) Hope they make it to the Olympics!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Kana and Dai will compete at the NHK Trophy against an - in my opinion - exciting and pretty tough field, including Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Chock/Bates. Lilah and Lewis will be there too as Lewis had hoped. :hap10:

ETA:

Kana's and Dai's new joint profile on the JSF's website:

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I'm glad that Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson were also assigned to NHK Trophy because Lewis is a huge Dai fan. Dai is his obsession. :biggrin:

Yupp. ;)

He also mentioned his admiration for Dai’s skating in this interview:

https://www.ice-dance.com/site/fear-gibson-a-great-partnership/

My absolute favourite free skater of all time is Daisuke Takahashi. His movement on the ice is like no other, and he is so free and flamboyant. I am very much looking forward to his ice dance debut!

Let's see, if Lilah's "prediction" from the "On ice perspectives" interview comes true. :biggrin:

Kana and Dai are booked to skate during an intermission ("half time show") at an ice hockey "all Ivy showcase" taking place at the Hertz Arena, July 22-24. :giggle: I wonder, if they'll perform "You are the reason", a new exhibition or one of their competitive programs. Fingers crossed for a video / live stream! :pray:

Kana and Dai are announced in the third slide of this IGS by Matterhorn Fit:

[IGS expired]

Screenshot by a twitter user:

General information about the event:

https://allivyshowcase.com/

Last edited:

mikeko666

Final Flight
ISU announced 2021-2022 event calendar.

I wonder if they plan to compete at Lake Placid International. I hope they do because what they need most is experience.
I think they will participate U.S. International Classic, Asian Open and NHK Trophy this season.
JFS's event calendar doesn't have U.S. International Classic, so it's unlikely Kana and Dai will compete there.
Lombardia Trophy and Autumn Classic International are the only CS events BEFORE Asian Open Trophy.
It's unlikely that they will compete at Autumn Classic either because it's uncertain if they can enter Canada in September, and there are already too many ice dance teams training in Canada. But I'm not sure if they can travel Italy for Lombardia Trophy, either.
I hope Kana and Dai can experience at least one or two competitions before Asian Open :pray:.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I hope they'll be fully vaccinated by then and sent to Lombardia Trophy.
:pray:

Kana and Dai are booked to skate during an intermission ("half time show") at an ice hockey "all Ivy showcase" taking place at the Hertz Arena, July 22-24. :giggle: I wonder, if they'll perform "You are the reason", a new exhibition or one of their competitive programs. Fingers crossed for a video / live stream! :pray:

Kana and Dai are announced in the third slide of this IGS by Matterhorn Fit:

[IGS expired]

Screenshot by a twitter user:

General information about the event:

https://allivyshowcase.com/

According to the organizer the entire event will be streamed live on HockeyTV:

You'll need a monthly All Access subscription for $29,99 ($5 discount if you enter the provided code).

Update:

Unfortunately HockeyTV won't be showing Kana's and Dai's performance. 😢

Izayukam contacted the organiser via email and was informed that HockeyTV is prohibited from broadcasting footage of the participating figure skaters:

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Saved it, in case it's all we're getting to see of their performance:

Dai, please keep the ponytail this season! :love2:

:laugh: at Ayaka's and Dai's ongoing "mother and son" jokes (5th and 7th slide of Dai's igs), because Ayaka played Dai's mother in the past two Hyoen productions.

Hopefully a kind soul uploads the bonus footage from today's full version Luxe broadcast. :pray: