Kaori Sakamoto | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kaori Sakamoto

mikeko666

Final Flight
Probably, "oh my god!" may be close to "yabai".

Kaori was a class of her own in SP. I hope she skates in FS like she did at SA. Amelie suits really well her personality. She has developed so much as a performer this season.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Kaori kept her nerve and delivered a magnificent performance to take well-deserved silver at Nationals!

It's not certain she will be chosen for the Olympics, but she meets 3/5 criteria for the 2nd pick after Satoko (only Wakaba meets more, 4/5)... and is riding the wave of success, fresh in the minds of JSF and the public. She would be a popular choice... and possibly the one who's more likely to deliver under pressure?

We will find out JSF's decision tomorrow after Mens FS... I love both Wakaba and Kaori, so I will be both happy and sad, no matter who is chosen...

PS.
Red FS dress so much better! :-D

Spinning

On the Ice
Congratulations! I'm so proud of Kaori. If not because those shakey landings she might won the title tonight. OG or not she should be proud of herself. :points:

mikeko666

Final Flight
Congratulation, Kaori! It was obvious that she was very nervous under the tremendous pressure, but she proved that she could deliver when it really mattered. I hope she gets chosen. She deserves it.

thoakun

Final Flight
It's amazing how she kept improving to the point when no one can ignore her :yahoo:. She's hardworking, determined and understands what needs to be done to achieve her goal but also seems to really enjoy what she's doing. The world needs to see that merry Amelie program, but I would understand JSF decides to send Wakaba instead.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Ahh I'm late but a huge congratulations to Kaori for her first senior national medal! It was great to see her joy when she finished her skate. She really performed, even though she was totally not pleased with going last :laugh:. I'm glad she's starting to expect a lot of herself and her scores -- she seemed a little disappointed with getting a 139. I'll be happy if she gets named to the olympics, but even if she doesn't I think she's made a real name for herself among the Japanese ladies. If she keeps this up, she'll be a force to be reckoned with for seasons to come. Yay Kaori!

liv

Record Breaker
awww, big congratulations to Kaori who really stepped up and grabbed that spot. I hope that she enjoys her Olympic experience and does her best.

thoakun

Final Flight
A bubbly 17-yeard-old high school achieves her biggest goal on Christmas's Eve. How warm and fluffy is that ;):sad4:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Wow, incredible! I would have never guessed she would be the one going to the OG, but she definitely deserves her spot! Congrats :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
Ahh I'm late but a huge congratulations to Kaori for her first senior national medal! It was great to see her joy when she finished her skate. She really performed, even though she was totally not pleased with going last :laugh:. I'm glad she's starting to expect a lot of herself and her scores -- she seemed a little disappointed with getting a 139. I'll be happy if she gets named to the olympics, but even if she doesn't I think she's made a real name for herself among the Japanese ladies. If she keeps this up, she'll be a force to be reckoned with for seasons to come. Yay Kaori!
I can’t blame her for having had this reaction, this is THE Nationals that is the final trial for Olympics selection. Going last when you know you’re not guaranteed a spot yet (unlike Shoma) is quite tense. That’s why she can be very proud of herself. She didn’t realize the mistakes she made in the FS, but she still delivered like a lil champion. :) I’m happy she’s going with Satoko. Aside for Olympics being a dream, she wants “revenge” for her under-performance at Youth Olympics, no doubt that will fire her up! :)

Alifyre

On the Ice
I was rewatching Kaori's free from nationals and noticed a very cute moment when she waved at the crowd in her choreo sequence and a crowd member waved back at her! I think that no matter how much there is criticism of her miming, the crowd really does connect with her skating. I'm at my grandma's for christmas right now and she said that Kaori was really an artist when we watched her! This girl really has something special that I think will connect well with the casual watchers at the Olympics. :luv17:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Congrats on making the Olympic Team, Kaori. Good luck for the rest of your season!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Congrats to Kaori! She gave it her all when it mattered the most! Hope she enjoys her Olympic experience :hap10: