Kazuki Tomono | Page 159 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

kwanette

Final Flight
Every little point helps..Kazuki's winning the CDP..helped him in skate groups at Worlds and in rankings..though the gold at Rostelecom Cup should have been his..

Last edited:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Completely agree with you guys! Not sending the senior skaters to early autumn challengers is ridiculous 😫

In other news, Kazuki has been featured in the October edition of SPUR magazine, the headline is 'Figure skater Kazuki Tomono challenges mode for the first time!' - it seems it's a fashion issue! I wish I could see it...

yesterday

Record Breaker
Completely agree with you guys! Not sending the senior skaters to early autumn challengers is ridiculous 😫

In other news, Kazuki has been featured in the October edition of SPUR magazine, the headline is 'Figure skater Kazuki Tomono challenges mode for the first time!' - it seems it's a fashion issue! I wish I could see it...

Should have been "Figure skater Kazuki Tomono skating in challenger mode for the first time"! ;)

yesterday

Record Breaker
Ohhhhh thank you! I know SPUR is a fashion magazine and Kazuki likes fashion so I just assumed it was a fashion thing 😅
The way you translated makes a lot more sense!

BTW here's the Amazon Japan link if anyone wants to buy it: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0B6XVL5MX

Well I wanted to make a joke based on word similarity (and fitting for Kazuki's season ahead) :laugh: (I def. can not translate Japanese)
But maybe they also had a double meaning in mind, who knows, haha!

Figskater23

Final Flight
Ohhhhh thank you! I know SPUR is a fashion magazine and Kazuki likes fashion so I just assumed it was a fashion thing 😅
The way you translated makes a lot more sense!

BTW here's the Amazon Japan link if anyone wants to buy it: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0B6XVL5MX
It’s an October 2022 magazine but it will release in August 2022? That’s what I saw in the details on Japan Amazon.

Figskater23

Final Flight
Okay Kazuki fans here is a fun question. If Kazuki was in front of you right now what is one thing you would want to ask him and what is one thing you would talk to him about? Me: I’d ask him if we could be friends because he seems like a true gentleman. He has a gentle, genuine, kind, caring aura and is funny too. I would talk to him about inventing new skating dance moves.

KiraraChin

Medalist
It’s an October 2022 magazine but it will release in August 2022? That’s what I saw in the details on Japan Amazon.

Well I wanted to make a joke based on word similarity (and fitting for Kazuki's season ahead) :laugh: (I def. can not translate Japanese)
But maybe they also had a double meaning in mind, who knows, haha!
It seems the magazine has been issued (they have a peculiar serialisation system)... and here's a preview of Kazuki's article and a photo:
All I can say is... WOW. This is VERY much about fashion and in a much more haute culture way than the nonno articles 😳
I'm so glad that Kazuki is having more and more opportunities to show this different side of himself, it seems that being a figure skater that is also super into fashion is something that catches people's attention! He spoke about his love for sauna too, which is nice.
I wish I could see the whole article and photoshoot!

Okay Kazuki fans here is a fun question. If Kazuki was in front of you right now what is one thing you would want to ask him and what is one thing you would talk to him about? Me: I’d ask him if we could be friends because he seems like a true gentleman. He has a gentle, genuine, kind, caring aura and is funny too. I would talk to him about inventing new skating dance moves.
I would ask for recommendations of places to eat! With all this talk about fashion and sauna, it's easy to forget he is a foodie in the first place 😁

kwanette

Final Flight
Tons of questions for Kazuki..but..I would want to know if his facial expressions are part of what is choreographed..or is it something that he does on his own..ie, choreo sequence in LaLa Land..Happy Jazz, DF, etc..and the sweet poignant face of Cin Par..

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Mana is going to the Challenger event in Lake Placid..as is Misato and Tim..No Japanese men..or pairs..

They only have one pair so there are still several opportunities for events for them to go to, and for KanaDai. But I hate what they're doing to the Japanese men. When you see Ma, Carillo, Chiu and others, they're going to get very nice points. What are Kazuki and the others going to get for events like Gensan, Iizuka, regionals, West Japan and Nationals? A big fat zero! And no SB either. At least Kazuki has two GP. But so do the Americans and Canadians, and funnily enough, their federations don't hesitate to send them to as many events as possible to give them multiple opportunities to get points and SB. Not to mention to get them into the top groups at big events, and international judges' feedback before GP starts when the rules have changed. But apparently, JSF has other priorities... 👿
JSF selective picking of who goes to Challengers is disgusting.

kwanette

Final Flight
They only have one pair so there are still several opportunities for events for them to go to, and for KanaDai. But I hate what they're doing to the Japanese men. When you see Ma, Carillo, Chiu and others, they're going to get very nice points. What are Kazuki and the others going to get for events like Gensan, Iizuka, regionals, West Japan and Nationals? A big fat zero! And no SB either. At least Kazuki has two GP. But so do the Americans and Canadians, and funnily enough, their federations don't hesitate to send them to as many events as possible to give them multiple opportunities to get points and SB. Not to mention to get them into the top groups at big events, and international judges' feedback before GP starts when the rules have changed. But apparently, JSF has other priorities... 👿
JSF selective picking of who goes to Challengers is disgusting.
Have the entrants for the other Challengers been listed? Getting to Lake Placid for this event is a bitch..Obviously JSF is pushing Mana..and for Misatoo and Tim it is a short trip. Camden will be in NYC training and going to college..Ma is in Boston? And Ilia in Virginia..https://www.soyouwanttowatchfs.com/calendarScroll through..there are many other Challenger Events coming up

surimi

Record Breaker
Have the entrants for the other Challengers been listed? Getting to Lake Placid for this event is a bitch..Obviously JSF is pushing Mana..and for Misatoo and Tim it is a short trip. Camden will be in NYC training and going to college..Ma is in Boston? And Ilia in Virginia..https://www.soyouwanttowatchfs.com/calendarScroll through..there are many other Challenger Events coming up

The other Challengers' entries haven't been posted yet, but Rainbow says JSF only had 4 Challengers on their list the last time she checked - US Classic, Italy, Germany and Finland. That's why I'm seeing red to see all the other Japanese skaters' chances dwindling down to 3 remaining Challengers, unless there's been a change in the meantime.

KiraraChin

Medalist

KiraraChin

Medalist
Woke up this Sunday morning and there is a flurry of Kazuki content, I'm so happy! :love2:
First, SPUR magazine published two more pics of Kazuki, and... wow!

Also, his 6th article on nonno magazine was published!
He talks at length about his favourite sauna spots (with some lovely pics), and how he felt before and after Gensan.

kwanette

Final Flight
Woke up this Sunday morning and there is a flurry of Kazuki content, I'm so happy! :love2:
First, SPUR magazine published two more pics of Kazuki, and... wow!

Also, his 6th article on nonno magazine was published!
He talks at length about his favourite sauna spots (with some lovely pics), and how he felt before and after Gensan.
A Sunday gift!

kwanette

Final Flight
Kazuki mentioned the Kinki Championships..What are they and when? TY..I did a search but could not find anything.

surimi

Record Breaker
They're regional championships, the first round of qualifiers for Nationals. Kazuki participates in regionals when he doesn't have a Challenger assignment at a date close to them, so it's disappointing to hear of two boys from Team Japan already announcing they'll compete at regionals. It would really seem the JSF doesn't give a rat's *** about some of their best male skaters. No surprise there. The regionals dates vary I think, but they're from mid-Septermber to early October. No idea when Kinki is this year, maybe someone who speaks Japanese would know.

kwanette

Final Flight
They're regional championships, the first round of qualifiers for Nationals. Kazuki participates in regionals when he doesn't have a Challenger assignment at a date close to them, so it's disappointing to hear of two boys from Team Japan already announcing they'll compete at regionals. It would really seem the JSF doesn't give a rat's *** about some of their best male skaters. No surprise there. The regionals dates vary I think, but they're from mid-Septermber to early October. No idea when Kinki is this year, maybe someone who speaks Japanese would know.
TY..