Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video | Golden Skate

Kimmie Meissner's triple-triples video

Bartek, thanks so much! I'll watch it as soon as I have time to give it a really good look. It'll be nice to see Kimmie at her peak.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Her 3Flip-3Toe at 2006 Worlds is the only one I wouldn't give < or << to. :eek:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Thanks for the video, Bartek, but.....holy mother of toe axels with UR on top!

Kimmie was lucky she won her world title before ISU began its crackdown on URs.

I'm watching now. It's good to see Kimmie at her peak again. Now I'll watch some of the others. It's such fun to have them all to compare! You've really done a lot of work to provide this great resource.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Well her career was halted after a successful comeback performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5dkrkGQ7hk

That's the best she ever did in the Short Program but, instead, all kinds of ridiculous calls (a downgrade on the 3Loop, Level 1 Spiral, lower spin levels than deserved, low PCS) pretty much wrecked her confidence and her will to keep competing. CoP ruins beautiful skating yet again.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well her career was halted after a successful comeback performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5dkrkGQ7hk

That's the best she ever did in the Short Program but, instead, all kinds of ridiculous calls (a downgrade on the 3Loop, Level 1 Spiral, lower spin levels than deserved, low PCS) pretty much wrecked her confidence and her will to keep competing. CoP ruins beautiful skating yet again.

No, it was the injury afterward. She would have been done anyway.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
When your spirit is broken, everything loses the proper timing. Jumps require such precision and when your head isn't in the right place they aren't going to work. As a result, you're likely going to sustain more injuries as well because you'll be taking awkward falls. That "knee injury" was probably something she could have overcome (or never would have happened in the first place) if she had the confidence. In actuality, Meissner was skating poorly in practice because she didn't have the heart left to keep competing. If she had not been screwed over at 2008 Cup of Russia after finally giving a worthy performance for the first time in an entire year, then maybe she would have retained the necessary motivation you need as a competitive athlete. Instead, after pulling it together and skating well, she scored lower than ever. That can easily destroy a competitor. Forever.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, in her own words she didn't tell anyone about the injury when it occurred, and, like most athletes, waited until the pain became unbearable (and the damage substantial) to say anything. By that point her career was basically over. If she got the knee looked at as soon as it happened, she might have been able to recover more quickly and save her season.