Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro: Live Interview 7 May | Golden Skate

Kirsten Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro: Live Interview 7 May

MashaOfficial

Rinkside
Live interview with Canadien top pair team Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro!!!
May 7th
17:30 Central Daylight Time
18:30 Eastern Time

Totally Live on YouTube Channel Cafecito con Masha!
*First 5 questions or comments made through YouTube Super Chat will be read to them.

If you can't catch the Live interview, the video will be saved on the same link. See you there!
Link:
👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thanks for the link and heads-up. I enjoyed the interview. It was especially interesting to hear that they had been planning to use one of Eric's compositions for their SP next year, before he and Vanessa joined forces and decided to compete. I felt that Kirsten was being very careful with what she said about that situation, understandably so.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks for the link and heads-up. I enjoyed the interview. It was especially interesting to hear that they had been planning to use one of Eric's compositions for their SP next year, before he and Vanessa joined forces and decided to compete. I felt that Kirsten was being very careful with what she said about that situation, understandably so.
what did she say? Eric's music is a bit always the same... might as well switch :)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Live interview with Canadien top pair team Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro!!!
May 7th
17:30 Central Daylight Time
18:30 Eastern Time

Totally Live on YouTube Channel Cafecito con Masha!
*First 5 questions or comments made through YouTube Super Chat will be read to them.

If you can't catch the Live interview, the video will be saved on the same link. See you there!
Link:
👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Thank you @MashaOfficial! I really enjoyed this interview. They seem to be good mates.

withwings

On the Ice
what did she say? Eric's music is a bit always the same... might as well switch :)
... calm on! :)! Eric is a casual composer, not Bethoween :) . I think he is quite brave to compose and to let people to hear this work. Bravo, Eric!

When i performed my own compositions... I never dared to say that they are mine ;-) but the audience accepted them so well! Though, it was a long time ago (a hundred years ago in "my calendar"); it was when I was not living in this world, but in the world of music ( a clasical music). I had an accident and then it waas by- by to music.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
... calm on! :)! Eric is a casual composer, not Bethoween :) . I think he is quite brave to compose and to let people to hear this work. Bravo, Eric!

When i performed my own compositions... I never dared to say that they are mine ;-) but the audience accepted them so well! Though, it was a long time ago (a hundred years ago in "my calendar"); it was when I was not living in this world, but in the world of music ( a clasical music). I had an accident and then it waas by- by to music.
with all due respect, no thanks ;) there is enough bad music on this planet, even more used in figure skating, no need for more LOL

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought Eric's music for P Chiddy a few years back was really nice, I even downloaded it I enjoyed it so much. :)

Storm didn't stand out as much to me, maybe because I immediately think of another song when I hear that title.

Of course I am notorious for my tin ear, the music has to be really, really, REALLY awful before I'll notice or be that techno doof doof stuff :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She just said that they were planning to skate to one of his pieces for their SP next season, but since he will now be their competitor, they decided to change to another piece (which they did not announce).
Indeed!

Although, imagine if they kept it and beat him and Vanessa with it...such a mike-drop. :laugh:

Jacey91

Rinkside
She just said that they were planning to skate to one of his pieces for their SP next season, but since he will now be their competitor, they decided to change to another piece (which they did not announce).
Isn't this a bit extreme? I mean it's just his music. I feel bad for Eric. It was a way for him to get his music out there for people to hear.

withwings

On the Ice
Isn't this a bit extreme? I mean it's just his music. I feel bad for Eric. It was a way for him to get his music out there for people to hear.
It indeed IS extreme. I would say it is miserable and childish. Then what is the next? To wear sunglasses when both pairs are on the same rink?
But whtever....Kirsten knows better what works for her

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It can be seen as extreme and not at the same time.... do not forget that athletes have to focus on themselves and sometimes, they even change music when other teams are using it... ("i am no longer doing la la land because so and so is doing it... etc) ... in an olympic year, you don't want to be skating to your competitor's music and thinking about the opposition every single time you hit the ice. You want to distance yourself, you want the judges to see you and only you... Can you imagine all the interviews about " what music have you chosen for the games" and what they would have to answer every single time??? "it is music by Eric Radford" "oh...Eric, who is now skating with Vanessa and left Meagan without telling her ahead of time? " " you mean Eric and Vanessa with whom you are competing for a spot on the Olympic team... " etc

When you are a Canadian champion, and preparing for the Olympics, you want the season to be about you... no distractions.
Very good choice IMHO to switch their music. And BTW : Eric and Meagan skated to Eric's music in SOCHI 2014 and it was quite generic... nobody probably remembers how it sounded like... bland.... Journey was slightly better but it was helped by Patrick's gorgeous skating and choreography.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I assumed they were rethinking using Eric’s music because perhaps Eric and Vanessa are going to use Eric’s music, which would be reasonable.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No one owes Eric anything in terms of getting his music "out there."

Competitors choose the best option for their own advancement, not their peers, and that's how it should be.

I can't imagine that at this early stage, much work had been put into actual choreography, or perhaps they would have come to a different conclusion.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No one owes Eric anything in terms of getting his music "out there."

Competitors choose the best option for their own advancement, not their peers, and that's how it should be.

I can't imagine that at this early stage, much work had been put into actual choreography, or perhaps they would have come to a different conclusion.
totally agree and in terms of the program choreography : they said after challenge in november that they had redone the major part of their blower's daughter LP in since the shooting of the video... so at this point in time, very easy decision.

Weathergal

Medalist
To add to the comments about KMT and MM switching from Eric's music, I think there would be those who would criticize them for keeping it if they had chose to keep it as well. I would imagine there's no solution that will please everyone. I don't think it's spiteful at all and agree with those who say that they need to do what works best for them.