Kostner: "I know what I need" | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kostner: "I know what I need"

Should Kostner stay with the green unitard?

• Yes

Votes: 41 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 156 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is Carolina ethnically Italian? Just wondering because her surname Kostner doesn't sound Italian.

I had the same thought. I read her home is in South Tyrol where German language is used as one of the official languages. I guess he patrilateral ancestors can be German.

cell

On the Ice
Please bring back the old costume; it was much nicer looking on Carolina and fit the music

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Just so we are ll clear, this is faun (half goat - half man):

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...n_final.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140807204121

I think Caroline is going for the nymph that the faun is trying to seduce in the music.

https://fantasyacreations.deviantart.com/art/The-wood-nymph-575952662

The new green costume is more like the seducing faun performed by Nijinsky than the nymph though.

http://www.cafleurebon.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Afternoon-of-a-Faun-2-Nijinsky-CaFleureBon.jpg

GGFan

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that the costume would have looked better if Carolina had landed more of her jumps. :yes:

:rofl: Everything looks better on a winner.

But actually, in real time here on GS the reaction was fierce from the warmup. Nothing was saving that costume

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Really this costume is genius. Everyone is missing the mark. This outfit is getting her headlines. This outfit is distracting the judges and everyone from her telegraphed jumps, over simplified transitions, bobbles, wobbles and allowing her to get marks on reputation. Whoever thought of this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

somelikeitpink

On the Ice
I had the same thought. I read her home is in South Tyrol where German language is used as one of the official languages. I guess he patrilateral ancestors can be German.

yes exactly that. South Tyrol used to be a part of Austria and is still quite close to it - so theres loads of people there with german surnames who often also speak german still.

charlotte14

Medalist
Really this costume is genius. Everyone is missing the mark. This outfit is getting her headlines. This outfit is distracting the judges and everyone from her telegraphed jumps, over simplified transitions, bobbles, wobbles and allowing her to get marks on reputation. Whoever thought of this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
Someone finaly says it. I was feeling the same when I saw her score.

Globetrotter

Medalist
At first, the green costume looked horrible. But looking it again more closely with an open mind, except the color, the design and pattern are quite faithful to the theme. The previous gray costume is not bad, but generic, and has nothing to do with Faun in Greek mythology and somehow Nijinsky's interpretation. If she decides to change its color, that would be no issue with the costume. Though, I'd say she was so gutsy to wear the audacious unitard at Euros despite that it reminded me of a frog. Sorry, Carolina!, but I couldn't help it. :biggrin:

As a side note, I've notice that :biggrin: is more used than :) or ;) in the thread. I think the green color of the emoticon can be a tribute to her costume.

I think, as many posters had alleged, the design itself is not a problem. It really is quite nice. Its that shade of radioactive green that was jarring to me. I would have been ok if it as a woody shade of green.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
zomg I was so :eeking: at the sight of that leotard

this colour :rofl2: & bling

SimplyLex

On the Ice
I actually like the costume considering the theme of her LP. It really does make you think of fauns and nymphs and magic forests :biggrin:

I would maybe just change the shade of green a little into something less flashy.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
“I know what I need” says Kostner.
“To have those commentators who called Euros this weekend accredited as judges.” 😜

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Even the woman from the Olympic channel (sorry i can't remember the name) said

"Carolina is well-known for her artistry and she is skating to the music of Debussy but i've to say Ryan very quickly, i find this new costume quite distracting to be honest, and crossing my fingers, we'll see something different at the Olympics" (silence from Ryan Bradley)

Tanith (Belbin) White said it.

Icey

Record Breaker
the costume might have been appropriate for a Techno version of her music. Brave lady to come on in a costume like that.