Kozuka announced retirement | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kozuka announced retirement

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I know this is coming during this season...his beautiful skating skills will be remembered by figure skating fans.

Barb

Record Breaker
oh, no!!!, it is very reasonable but I agree he never reached his potential:cry:. The good news is he looks very happy with her wife and future. By the way, someone knows what is doing Daisuke?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wish Taka happiness, in his marriage and family life, and in his new career. Many thanks for the beautiful skating I got to enjoy over the years. All the best as he desires for himself.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
I always admired him and had a soft spot for him, his skating is to die for and he will be missed.

I remember a very unusual moment for me that happened in 2014 Skate Canada I think. I was watching him live on TV doing the "Io Ci Saro" LP and, despite the fact that his jumps were failing him as usual, the despair of the jumps not working, his soft skating and the Bocelli music made me cry like a baby, I felt so embarassed! =p I rarely cry after I see a program (the other time I remember was with Shen/Zhao Nutcracker program, or even Plushenko at Euros 2000 that made me a figure skating fan for like forever), so he left a mark in me as a skating fan for sure, a feat not many have accomplished in this emotional way!

Best wishes in his upcoming endeavours and new life! ;)

russell30

Final Flight
Oh no, sad news today, thanks to Takahiko for the wonderful memories, was a great skater, wonderful skating skills, all the best to him in his future endeavours.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
It is so sad when somene leave the ice especially when you believe that he could have acheived so much more. I wish him good luck and hope he is very happy with his new life. Thanks for the beautiful skating.

peg

Medalist
I will greatly miss his gorgeous skating. I'm so sad he had so many injury problems and couldn't end on a higher note. He was always one of my favorite skaters

cinuka

Rinkside
Doesn't sound likely we'll see him as a coach. In the news report, it says that he's been offered a regular job at Toyota (his sponsoring company) The participation in SOI @ Apr. 17th will be his very last ice show... :sad46: though I'm still hoping he'll at least show up @ Mao's The ICE 10th anniversary

Does anybody know what he will be doing at Toyota?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
While it is indeed sad, I think it is better. It wasn't the Kozuka of old we've seen throughout the last seasons. The only regret is that such a talented skater didn't go out on a high note at the end. I wish him all the best.

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh darn! I really like Kozuka. In fact, and this will probably be considered heresy, I think he's much more pleasant to watch than Hanyu. He's smoother and more into the music.

I wish him good luck with whatever he does next.:sad4:

LeReveur

On the Ice
Oh darn! I really like Kozuka. In fact, and this will probably be considered heresy, I think he's much more pleasant to watch than Hanyu. He's smoother and more into the music.

I wish him good luck with whatever he does next.:sad4:

Just because Hanyu has big results doesn't mean the whole world enjoys watching him. I don't think I enjoyed anything he did until his SP earlier this season (well, I think it was his SP), and even then I wouldn't put his interpretation anywhere near people like Takahashi. Overall, I have found him to be overrated, especially in PCS.

To return to Kozuka: I agree that he was pleasant to watch. It seems that somewhere around 2012-2013 he had enough poor skates that he never quite regained the confidence necessary to shine. Anyway, I suppose one can try sometimes to focus on the skater and less on the results to more fully enjoy his performances!