Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

Moment

Final Flight
Well, it is better than Julia's program (when she doesn't have the jumps). But yes, I agree that Kostner's program does NOT merit a 69, but considering that PCS is relative, I do think she deserves it at this competition.

You know, this event isn't just about Julia and Carolina.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
IThat actually makes it a good thing that Julia got overscored here. Radionova deserved to go to the GPF more than Kostner, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya at least.

This is true. However the bad judging cannot be justified by this...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This could be one of the worst program she has. I know Bolero has no transitions but she feels the music there.:love: Maybe she change this program.

yes Bolero was betetr and she only used it once a Worlds
Carolina should go back to Bolero

ordinary person

On the Ice
I like Lipnitskaia's costume. Although the skirt is still short, at least it's not some see-through lingerie or skin-color fabric that makes it seem like you're in bikinis

Who cares, people just love nudity over modesty, besides skirts fly up all the time so it doesn't really matter how short a skirt is unless you wear colored tights.

Sara

On the Ice
The pressure was clearly too much for Julia :no: I don't think there is any other reason. I'm starting to think she won't medal in Sochi after all. The pressure that she will experience in Sochi will be 1000 times higher than in CoR and I do not think she will be able to deal with it!! It was the first time I see her fail this bad... Based on all GP's we've seen, I predict Sochi podium to be Yuna, Mao and Ashley.

I would have put Caro ahead of Julia. Julia's PCS was too high but in my opinion her interpretation has improved since SC.

I'm thrilled that we'll see Elena in the final! Caro can use the following months improving her programmes and finding the consistency she had last year.

zamboni step

Final Flight
yes Bolero was betetr and she only used it once a Worlds
Carolina should go back to Bolero

No she should go back to her Mozart program she won worlds with, that was her best program to date and it hit every trill, every note, every nuance. It and Akiko's O were one of the best ladies programs of at least the last quadrenniums, maybe the last two.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The pressure was clearly too much for Julia :no: I don't think there is any other reason. I'm starting to think she won't medal in Sochi after all. The pressure that she will experience in Sochi will be 1000 times higher than in CoR and I do not think she will be able to deal with it!! It was the first time I see her fail this bad... Based on all GP's we've seen, I predict Sochi podium to be Yuna, Mao and Ashley.

I would have put Caro ahead of Julia. Julia's PCS was too high but in my opinion her interpretation has improved since SC.

I'm thrilled that we'll see Elena in the final! Caro can use the following months improving her programmes and finding the consistency she had last year.

the Grand Prix Final results havent event amde yet :unsure:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hrm...

I guess it also is possible that they wanted to make Lipnitskaia win so that Radionova would make it to the GPF, as well but... In that case, why would you give Kostner 68.58? Something like 66 should have given Lipnitskaia much more of a buffer ;S

TryMeLater

On the Ice

Couldn't agree more.
Really happy to see that Caro rotated 6 triples (and didn't fall).
It's that triple toe which causes her a lot of trouble now.

andyjo24

Medalist
The pressure was clearly too much for Julia :no: I don't think there is any other reason for the mistakes she made. I'm starting to think she won't medal in Sochi after all. The pressure that she will experience in Sochi will be 1000 times higher than in CoR and I do not think she will be able to deal with it!! It was the first time I see her fail this bad... Based on all GP's we've seen, I predict Sochi podium to be Yuna, Mao and Ashley.

Haha. It seems like the GPF will be basically the Russian Nationals. 4 Russians qualified, I believe?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Interesting thing to note:

Radionova coped with an early failure much, much better than Lipnitskaia.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Hrm...

I guess it also is possible that they wanted to make Lipnitskaia win so that Radionova would make it to the GPF, as well but... In that case, why would you give Kostner 68.58? Something like 66 should have given Lipnitskaia much more of a buffer ;S

I don't think anyone expected Julia to bomb the way she did.
The GPF will be sad without Akiko and Carolina, IMO.

Moment

Final Flight
Hrm...

Because they wanted to give Julia 65+ had she performed well.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
4 russians to the jGPF as well =P

The Russian nationals will be one of the highest level tournaments of the season!

elif

Medalist
Interesting thing to note:

Radionova coped with an early failure much, much better than Lipnitskaia.

Radionova more inhuman than Lipnitskaia. :laugh: She did mistakes both NHK SP and Skate America LP. After the shaky lutz she didn't do 3T, waited for solo jump and still land a beautiful 3Lo+3T at NHK. She got second half of the program bonus too.:laugh: I didn't remember anyone doing that. Of course all skaters can add a 2T but Radionova did 3T:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iScY-BZS4Z4