2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Grand Prix Final Senior Women's Free Skate

readernick

Medalist
You really think Hana's short is a nauseating lovey lovey cute little oh-look-I-am-a-little-princess program ? :scratch2:
Haha. It absolutely isn't I love Hana's choices because she doesn't go for ice princess, does she? I like Leona and Hana's SP. I think the problem with Leona's LP isn't the type of music chosen, its the lack of genuinely good choreo and real skating. There is too much posing and I don't think Leona likes her LP. She sells the SP but not the LP. Still a quality skater but she deserves better choreo.

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hana should feel aggrieved she didn't get silver.

Five judges gave this combo +3 yesterday. At the minimum the first jump should get a q and the second jump is an underrotation. Some skaters are just held to a completely different standard than others it's like they are competing on some kind of video game cheat mode. Totally corrupt.

Loena-combo.jpg
I've always felt like there was a reason why she wasn't competitive until the Russians were banned. Sometimes I think the judges are trying too hard to promote women skaters who are in their 20s right now. Kaori is well-deserved, even if she's not my cup of tea, but I've been mind-boggled by Loena's rise.

hermine17

Final Flight
I'm still not recovering from the anger at Rion's score. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I'm very proud of her, her performance was gorgeous. Her PCS should be higher.

But anyway. (deep calming breath) I'm very happy for Hana. Her FS was so beautiful. What a fantastic Sr GP circuit debut.

And congrats to Kaori for finally winning this event. It really was absurd that never even medaled.

I'm impressed by Isabeau for skating so well after her SP. Such determination.

Skating91

Medalist
IMO Loena deservedly got the silver here due to her SP lead. Don't forget that Hana fell twice in her SP, and that definitely cost her the silver. One can even argue that Hana's SP score was quite generous.

I hope Hana will stop insisting the 3A in her SP, but now that she actually landed it in her FP, she's probably gonna keep it in the SP too ey 😅

The judges refuse to ding Loena for her underrotations, so that's why she had the big lead over Hana.

Country
Norway
IMO Loena deservedly got the silver here due to her SP lead. Don't forget that Hana fell twice in her SP, and that definitely cost her the silver. One can even argue that Hana's SP score was quite generous.

I hope Hana will stop insisting the 3A in her SP, but now that she actually landed it in her FP, she's probably gonna keep it in the SP too ey 😅
Loena had a big SP lead yes, we must not forget that, but also after Loena finished her free program her TES was like 17 points lower then Hana, and there was still reviews to be done. So there was actually a possibility for Hana to beat Loena even though she messed up her SP yesterday. Every element by Hana was simply so good today, and Loena was very tight with some of the jumps.

Since her TES didn´t go down after she finished, I´m wondering if the judges took a blind eye on the flip or if she actually did get a call or not, or if the TES when she finished was missing was delayed. I guess the protocols will tell us. If indeed she didn´t get a call, i´m not sure that is fair to Hana because that would be the difference between her getting bronze instead of silver.

Skating91

Medalist
I've always felt like there was a reason why she wasn't competitive until the Russians were banned. Sometimes I think the judges are trying too hard to promote women skaters who are in their 20s right now. Kaori is well-deserved, even if she's not my cup of tea, but I've been mind-boggled by Loena's rise.

It's out of control. Skate America she had the same issues with her landings they simply refuse to grade her jumps honestly. I don't understand it. Is there some kind of implicit understanding among officials that the sport needs someone from Europe on the podium?

readernick

Medalist
Loena had a big SP lead yes, we must not forget that, but also after Loena finished her free program her TES was like 17 points lower then Hana, and there was still reviews to be done. So there was actually a possibility for Hana to beat Loena even though she messed up her SP yesterday. Every element by Hana was simply so good today, and Loena was very tight with some of the jumps.

Since her TES didn´t go down after she finished, I´m wondering if the judges took a blind eye on the flip or if she actually did get a call or not, or if the TES when she finished was missing was delayed. I guess the protocols will tell us. If indeed she didn´t get a call, i´m not sure that is fair to Hana because that would be the difference between her getting bronze instead of silver.
She got a q on her flip. But, it didn't make much difference because the judges had already given that combo negative GOE. No conspiracy here. Hana is my fave but she fell on two Ur jumps in the SP. Leona didn't fall although she had a pop and an UR. The result was close, the more consistent skater won. Seems fair.

Skating91

Medalist
She got a q on her flip. But, it didn't make much difference because the judges had already given that combo negative GOE. No conspiracy here. Hana is my fave but she fell on two Ur jumps in the SP. Leona didn't fall although she had a pop and an UR. The result was close, the more consistent skater won. Seems fair.

No she didn't get a q on her flip she got -0.3 because she stepped out.

Then in the combo both the landings should have got a q and < but she got +3 from five judges.

Plus 2's and 3's for a 2A with a wonky landing and not fully rotated.

She's held to a completely different standard for some reason.

Last edited:

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I feel the complete opposite. I think Loena's programs are so refreshing in a field of nauseating lovey dovey cute little oh-look-I-am-a-little-princess programs.
agreed.

I actually think loena's SP is very, very good and a complete program. just as good as last year imo.

the LP is a hot mess, the music edit doesn't work, the arms are everywhere, but I appreciate it's something totally different, it doesn't stop moving, and much more challenging than a "feeling good" LP (sorry kaori).

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
yes and I thought Hana's SP score was quite generous.

her LP was astounding from a technical and skating skills standpoint. interpretation and composition? not so much.

there's no conspiracy here, folks

Steinbeck

Rinkside
I appreciate and respect certain things about all of these skaters, but the judging is so messed up and inconsistent in terms of failure to call edges, ur's and bad form.

Judges, if you think a skater is so outstanding and compelling overall, or if there's some kind of gaming going on, then by all means pump those components to outer space. But for f sake... for respect of the sport... please judge the jumps according to reality.

SXTN

Final Flight
Hana should feel aggrieved she didn't get silver.

Five judges gave this combo +3 yesterday. At the minimum the first jump should get a q and the second jump is an underrotation. Some skaters are just held to a completely different standard than others it's like they are competing on some kind of video game cheat mode. Totally corrupt.

Loena-combo.jpg
They have been holding her up the whole season. At one GP event she underrotated all of her toe jumps, but they were judged as clean. Let's not look at her Lutz edge either... It has always been ! if not e.

SXTN

Final Flight
I totally agree with everything.

SXTN

Final Flight
I completely agree with this, too.

I've had a theory that they're trying to create stars (or at least scores) that will hold up better when/if Russians return.
The ISU tries to create the illusion that nothing has changed without the Russian skaters to keep the viewers in their streams (which have advertisement breaks every 30 seconds if you don't watch live). 🤑💰💸💴
If women can medal without even breaking the 200 points barrier people will lose interest and the ISU will lose money. The ISU has probably already lost some generous donations by the Russian Fed due to the situation. The whole game, especially in ladies and pairs, is so obvious.

Loena and Kaori are good don't get me wrong, but they are not even close to Carolina, Mao, Yuna, let alone the Russians. They are trying to make us believe they are as good by inflating their scores. Top level manipulation because it's about money eventually.

Last edited:

withwings

On the Ice
What on Earth has somebody done to "Vogue"?! They should be jailed for crimes against music!

🙉 🙉 🙉 🙉 🙉 🙉

And a lot of her choreography was cringeworthy.

Sorry Loena, but I don't like either of your programmes this season. They are just not my taste. At all.

But, well done for holding up the honour of Small Feds.

CaroLiza_fan
I am sorry for saying this, imho Adam Solya's choreographies in general are...crime. imo he is not able to bring out skaters hidden potentials, he rather imposes his ideas.
And, yes, to come from such a small federation and to overcome all the obstacles related to this is really amazing. Thank you, Loena.