Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS - 2013 Rostelecom Cup

mateusp1

On the Ice
We have a protocol for TES. You can see from there : http://www.isuresults.com/results/gprus2013/gprus2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Carolina's TES was lower than Julia because she only have one combination (3F+2T) Also she didn't get full value of 3S because its counted as a SEQ. If she only added one 2T on her 3S, her TES going to up for 3 points. Lipnitskaia's TES was higher because all of her jumping combinations are in the second half of the program with her 3 clean triples.

I know there the protocol. The TES score was just ridiculous. Let me explain why.

Julia's overscoring;

-Julia did not deserve level 4 for her step sequence. She got it and was gifted with huge GOE.

-Julia is a flutzer. None of her (F)Lutz got edge call in this competition. She got edge call in Skate Canada.

-Julia's first Lutz was underrotated. They gave it the full credit.

-Julia's first 2A was also underrotated. They gave it the full credit too.

-And high GOEs for tiny, low and average jumps(see 3F+2T, 2A+3T a 3Lo). Most of the jumps deserved 0. But, she got +1 on average.

Elizaveta's overscoring;

-First triple lutz was underrotated. Got full credit.

-Triple flip was underrorated. Got full credit.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Then I shall explain further for you:

Pigtails is a style of hair associated with being young, free, and happy. It requires multiple hair ties to achieve the look.

Therefore, for both of those reasons, nobody was ever wearing their hair like this after being taken by Nazis. Julia is skating to Schlinder's List, not Pippy Longstocking.

It was more the "concentration camps didn't have the materials to make pigtails" comment. :laugh:

I also disliked the pig-tails, although it's interesting to see an effort to make a skater look young when normally they try to make younger skaters look mature.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Three judges gave her 0's for that touch-down 2A. :rolleye: Terrible judging, when there are skaters getting 0's on clean 2A's with more height and no touch-down.

And agreeance about the flutzing. Not a single call in either program, and it should have cost her the gold.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then I shall explain further for you:

Pigtails is a style of hair associated with being young, free, and happy. It requires multiple hair ties to achieve the look.

Therefore, for both of those reasons, nobody was ever wearing their hair like this after being taken by Nazis. Julia is skating to Schlinder's List, not Pippy Longstocking.

You made my day with this post :rofl:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Her step sequence is also boring and plain. Does not deserve level 4 at all. In my humble opinion, Kanako and Elizaveta had better footwork sections than Julia and got only level 3.

Level calls don't have anything to do with an element being boring. They have to do with technical requirements.

Lipnitskaya definitely deserved Level 4 for her steps. She got all of the required movement into it. I don't think it was boring. She was very effortless throughout it and displayed several excellent extensions.

elif

Medalist
I know there the protocol. The TES score was just ridiculous. Let me explain why.

Julia's overscoring;

-Julia did not deserve level 4 for her step sequence. She got it and was gifted with huge GOE.

-Julia is a flutzer. None of her (F)Lutz got edge call in this competition. She got edge call in Skate Canada.

-Julia's first Lutz was underrotated. They gave it the full credit.

-And high GOEs for tiny, low and average jumps(see 3F+2T, 2A+3T a 3Lo). Most of the jumps deserved 0. But, she got +1 on average.

Elizaveta's overscoring;

-First triple lutz was underrotated. Got full credit.

-Triple flip was underrorated. Got full credit.

I agree about underotation. There is a stupid rule about 1/4 cheating is allowed for jumps. :disapp: They didn't downgraded Mao's jumps because of this rule too.

But her steps got level4 at the SC. Almost same GOE as well. At the Skate Canada only 1 lutz called ''e'' out of her 3 attempt. Also she is not gaining GOE for height of her jumps, but difficult steps and entry/exits. There is rules for GOE marking If you are interested.

Height of the jumps only one bullet. She only had to do two bullets to get +1, four bullets to +2.

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
2) clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
3) varied position in the air / delay in rotation
4) good height and distance
5) good extension on landing / creative exit
6) good flow from entry to exit including jump combinations / sequences
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure

mateusp1

On the Ice
Level calls don't have anything to do with an element being boring. They have to do with technical requirements.

Lipnitskaya definitely deserved Level 4 for her steps. She got all of the required movement into it. I don't think it was boring at all. She was very effortless throughout it and displayed several excellent extensions.

And what do you say about all the other overscoring?

Including, 0 goe for a hand down. Carolina got -2 for a hand down. Julia got 0. =)

The rules for GOE say:

One hand down = -1
Two hands down = -2

Carolina touched the ice with ONE hand.

mateusp1

On the Ice
I agree about underotation. There is a stupid rule about 1/4 cheating is allowed for jumps. :disapp: They didn't downgraded Mao's jumps because of this rule too.

But her steps got level4 at the SC. Almost same GOE as well. At the Skate Canada only 1 lutz called ''e'' out of her 3 attempt. Also she is not gaining GOE for height of her jumps, but difficult steps and entry/exits. There is rules for GOE marking If you are interested.

Height of the jumps only one bullet. She only had to do two bullets to get +1, four bullets to +2.

1) unexpected / creative / difficult entry
2) clear recognizable steps/free skating movements immediately preceding element
3) varied position in the air / delay in rotation
4) good height and distance
5) good extension on landing / creative exit
6) good flow from entry to exit including jump combinations / sequences
7) effortless throughout
8) element matched to the musical structure

I already know all the bullet and rules stuff. Thank you for your attention.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
That 2A should be receiving -1 to 0s when done to its usual standard due to a lack of height.

As mentioned, height is one thing, so I'd give it maybe a +1 if it goes with the music and has a creative exit. But that 2A had no entry/exit steps, had poor height, and had a hand down. There's absolutely no way she should be getting 0's.

mateusp1

On the Ice
And what do you say about all the other overscoring?

Including, 0 goe for a hand down. Carolina got -2 for a hand down. Julia got 0. =)

The rules for GOE say:

One hand down = -1
Two hands down = -2

Sorry, I just got confused with the double axel thing.

zamboni step

Final Flight
As mentioned, height is one thing, so I'd give it maybe a +1 if it goes with the music and has a creative exit. But that 2A had no entry/exit steps, had poor height, and had a hand down. There's absolutely no way she should be getting 0's.

But there is a deduction for lack of height of -1 to -2, saying someone didn't deserve + GOE because they didn't get height is unfair, but saying a jump with no match to the music or height should get -1 to 0 is fair. I mean the max she should be able to hope for on her 2A is 0. Looking at the list she can only really be credited with:

1. Good extension on landing
2. Good flow from entry to exit
3. Effortless throughout

Which would be +1 but a -1 for the poor speed, height, distance, air position deduction for a lack of height, if that 2A doesn't have a lack of height then what 2A does? So 0, and that's being generous.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France

She also drastically bent forward, which is another -1 GOE. Add both of those mistakes together and you get -2 GOE.

Lipnitskaya was overscored on her 2Axel, though, I agree. It clearly should have received -1.

elif

Medalist
OK Julia really don't have good height of her jumps but saying she has poor height, speed, air position is a little bit unfair. You can't deduct everyone who isn't jumping like Sotnikova.

She also drastically bent forward, which is another -1 GOE. Add both of those mistakes together and you get -2 GOE.

Lipnitskaya was overscored on her 2Axel, though, I agree. It clearly should have received -1.

Judges also can take Long preparation for -1 but usually they don't.

zamboni step

Final Flight
OK Julia really don't have good height of her jumps but saying she has poor height, speed, air position is a little bit unfair. You can't deduct everyone who isn't jumping like Sotnikova.

It doesn't have to be for all of those, it can be for one if severe enough. -2 would probably require more than one of the listed requirements for that deduction. Her 2A can't be deducted for anything other than that, I agree, she wouldn't be able to make that 2A with poor air position.

mateusp1

On the Ice
But there is a deduction for lack of height of -1 to -2, saying someone didn't deserve + GOE because they didn't get height is unfair, but saying a jump with no match to the music or height should get -1 to 0 is fair. I mean the max she should be able to hope for on her 2A is 0. Looking at the list she can only really be credited with:

1. Good extension on landing
2. Good flow from entry to exit
3. Effortless throughout

Which would be +1 but a -1 for the poor speed, height, distance, air position deduction for a lack of height, if that 2A doesn't have a lack of height then what 2A does? So 0, and that's being generous.

I have to say you are being very generous. Giving -1 for all this negative:

-Poor speed
-Poor height
-Poor distance
-Poor air position

I think that -1 for 4 weakness of the jump.

I think -2 is fair for the 4 weakness and give +1 for the transition after the jump and match to the song structure. That would be -1 overall.
(This would mean... 4 minuses = -2 ; 2 pluses = +1)

zamboni step

Final Flight
I have to say you are being very generous. Giving -1 for all this negative:

-Poor speed
-Poor height
-Poor distance
-Poor air position

I think that -1 for 4 weakness of the jump.

I think -2 is fair for the 4 weakness and give +1 for the transition after the jump and match to the song structure. That would be -1 overall.
(This would mean... 4 minuses = -2 ; 2 pluses = +1)

That's a listed deduction and you can only give -1 to -2 for those and really for -2 you'd need a few of those. Also transitions after the jump don't count towards GOE as there's no listed bonus for that unless you'd call it a creative exit. It would be a PCS thing.

I'm saying the only of those listed flaws she has is poor height.