Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well Julia just laid it down. For me she doesn't have the emotional depth yet, but gosh is she talented.

Aaaaaaaaand she just scored 139+ and sailed into first. Honestly these scores make me wonder how much Euros is inflated. I would imagine it would create some good political pull for different federations to get the scores of their skaters pumped up at Euros and 4CC (if the major skaters showed up at 4CC!)

Well I am not sure if Euros are all that inflated. Carolina's score wasn't 130; in dance the scores were really low, and the pairs scores the Americans in theshort would be way up there battling for bronze when they are generally a tier or two lower than the Russiasn no. 2 or 3, Italians and at best fighitng i out with the french.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Meite losing to Leonova because the judges gave the latter 8s in the PCS is just absolutely outrageous. God, the politics at these Euros have been really ugly.

Yeah, that was pretty awful. 58 points of PCS buried Meite. Although she did have the fall and shaky landings. And Leonova had a stronger SP. Leonova still deserves 5th, but it shouldn't be by 5 points.

joannix

Rinkside
Wow - won't be enough, but that was just a beautiful moment!
I love how Caro smiles even just before the jump.
Weiss said after Leonova finished that Carmen (Witt 88) and Bolero (Torvil/Dean 84) should be off limits because it's so difficult to be compared to those.
I disagree with him with Bolero because Caro does pull it off.
He did say in the middle of the program that he got goose bumps - so I guess he did change his mind about using Bolero ;)

I'm so glad Caro changed the order of her elements and doesn't have the 3S at the very last second. So much better for her, for her marks... and for my nerves - I could just enjoy the rest of the program much sooner :)

I´m with you!!! no matter the errors on her jumps to me and many who love this sport know that Caro sold us her Bolero!!! Glad that she will use it in Sochi!

amc987

On the Ice
Lipnitskaia was fantastic. You can quibble about her presentation- she can leave me cold- but her jumps and spins were fabulous. She still looks like a little girl out there, but as the commentators were saying, that's why this "Schindler's List" program is perfect. It allows her to be restrained and youthful and both of those qualities benefit the program.

I don't think it was Kwan or even Asada and Kostner-level artistry, but I think her score is well deserved.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
Julia is absolutely stunning! And for those saying Gracie is better artistically than Julia and Adelina, no, no and no!
I was a bit worriedwhen Julia had a mistake on the second combo but she is soo strong mentally, it is amazing!

I agree with you, I was worried when she just did a double Axel then I remembered that she can do the double Axel-3Toe-2Toe later. When she didn't do the double toe I thought oh-oh, then she did 3Lutz-2Toe-2Toe at the end of her program. Absolutely incredible. She beat her previous season best score by over 10 points!!!
Go Julia!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Meite losing to Leonova because the judges gave the latter 8s in the PCS is just absolutely outrageous. God, the politics at these Euros have been really ugly.

I totally disagree. I would say this is one of the better judged competition especially compared to national inflation and the States in particular. Meite is very unfinished. Leonova like her or not has a lot of charisma at least t his competiton Meite will have her day she is going to the olympics; Leonova is finished and maybe will never be seen again.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I love that sensual strong piece from Valentina - it is visible that she worked hard on dancing and it paid off

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Valentina MARCHEI (ITA)

Music: Nyah by Hans Zimmer

Black halter dress

2A+3T
3Lz
3F - e, bit scratchy
2A
FSSp
LSp
StSq
3S - hands down
3Lz - spiral entry, fall
ChSq - steps, spiral
3S+2T+2T
CCoSp

Some mistakes, but overall solid skate. She looks pleased enough

FS: 47.32+61.55-1.00 = 107.87, 165.25, in 6th (out of 24)

elif

Medalist
I remember last Olympic season. Top PCS was like 61+ at the grand prix. Judges gaved this score to skaters like Yu-Na,Ando,Rochette. But in the Olympics those skaters got 67-68-70+ PCS.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:clap:I think if Julia skates like that in the Olympics I really think she can even get 210 or more there. I think that would be quite fair if she can bring the emotion out again. Little things like the Bird gesture after the 3f in front of the judges have progressed all year.

I think this has been the most fairly judged event yet. She is looking more like a silver medalist to me and a potential gold challenger rather than just a bronze contender. I'm just now recovering from nerves myself....I don't see how she does it.

This makes the US Nationals look like a joke when you consider the top talent and how they skated. Gracie might be able to sneak into third here with her US Nats performance but I'd still put her in 4th. :p

joannix

Rinkside
I think Gracie can beat both of these Russian girls she has better jumps and artistry than the both of them and Carolina it seems her best days are behind her she was lovely though .

Wow!!! would u be able to bet for her???....Anyways...if all these ladies skate clean the podium in Sochi would be Kim, Asada, Kostner...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I totally disagree. I would say this is one of the better judged competition especially compared to national inflation and the States in particular. Meite is very unfinished. Leonova like her or not has a lot of charisma at least t his competiton Meite will have her day she is going to the olympics; Leonova is finished and maybe will never be seen again.

agreed, Leonova deserves higher PCS at least, Meite has terrible skating, no expression and still looks gangly
I don't think Leonova is finished yet, maybe we will nto see her again at Europeans but she may still be around in the GP circuit