Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP - 2014 European Championships

binky

Rinkside
some very brave efforts! with Rodeghiero throwing everything she could out there and trying to keep it polished.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
believe it or not norwegian tv nrk 2 is actually showing skating...

lovintabbs85

Rinkside
Does anyone have a link to the British EuroSport coverage? If so please provide- I know they were slated to show the last 2 groups...

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Carolizafan the norwegian commentators just said Jenna is Scottish! how ruuude :p

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
If so, whould this mean Finland get the spot? Kiira?
IF Gjersem isn't sent (they'd better not dare do that!!!) then the next in line would go, that would be Inga Janulevičiūtė from Lithuania.
Juulia Turkkila is only 2nd on that list:
Isadora Williams (BRA) was the last lady to get a spot at the Nebelhorn Trophy.
It's Lithuania; then Finland; then Luxembourg.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
These girls earned their spots. They may have on-days and off-days, but they are able to skate decently at the Olympics: maybe no great results, but a good experience for them and they can make their countries proud only being there and giving their best efforts. I don't think it's ALL that expensive for their federations. I mean, for pairs and dance there are often citizenship issues that cannot be overcome, but for singles, whoever gets the spot should be sent, barring injury or MAJOR meltdowns.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anyone have a link to the British EuroSport coverage? If so please provide- I know they were slated to show the last 2 groups...

http://www.oleoletv.me/watch/live/s...tta/1/493131/january-17-2014/eurosport-2.html

Carolizafan the norwegian commentators just said Jenna is Scottish! how ruuude :p

Well, we've been called much worse!!! So, not to worry!

Actually, most people in Northern Ireland have Scottish ancestry, because this part of the island was settled by Scottish "planters" in the 1600's. That is why we are sometimes called "Ulster-Scots".

And, as I am sure you all know "Mc" is a Scottish preface meaning "son of" (or in Jenna's case, I suppose it would be "daughter of"), just like the Scandinavian suffix -son or -dottir

Plus, Jenna trains in Scotland (in Dundee), so I suppose it is an easy mistake to make.

CaroLiza_fan

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Simancikova would take Rajicova's spot but I imagine Slovakian fed will send Rajicova.
Imagine, girls like Leah Keiser, Ashley Cain, Angela Wang, Barbie Long must watch Gjersem and Rajicova in Sochi. I wanna cry.

I hope both Helgesson sisters kick some butt! It's interesting how different they are. Joshi is the strong, powerful, Xena the Warrior Princess and Viktoria is the archetypal delicate Lady.

Glebova's "Cleopatra" FS is just super voidy and I hope she can skate clean and own it!

Will Milli Vanilli skate another strong program? Or was her SP a fluke, one-in-a-million clean performance? :p

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
so I'm back from baking some cheese-onion cookies just for 2 final groups lucky me :) as far as I see your comments I didn't lose too much

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Lecavelier lost something black on the ice (hairclip?), you could clearly see how she was thinking about where it was, even when on the other side of the rink, making a wide curve before her 3Lz to avoid it...
I was surprised they didn't stop the music...
She got -1 for a fall, and another -1 for losing sth on the ice.
The guy with Sarah Hecken is Daniel Weiss, btw :)

ok, that Daniel Weiss is much better if you want to get the picture! ;)

:laugh:

Skating and competing for fun :thumbsup: Not easy, though some still can, like Misha Gee and Kim Lucine, skating for nations with no competition.

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
Joshi Helgesson looks like the UK actress Ramola Garai. I don't know why she wears such ridiculous outfits which don't match her music at all. This one looks like she should be skating to punk rock or something...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Joshi HELGESSON (SWE)

Music: Warrior Princess (from "Cirque du Soleil")
An Ancient Muse by Loreena Mkennitt
Narnia - Here Comes the King (soundtrack)

Black "warrior" dress with cuffs and silver, copper stones. Fringe skirt.

3Lz+2T - bit scratchy lutz, maybe <
3T
3Lo - bit hook landing
CCoSp
3Lz
3T<< - stepout
StSq
CSp - bit slow
3S+2A+SEQ - maybe too many in-between?
2A
ChSq - spiral, spiral - not much ice coverage
CCoSp - slow Biellmann

Bit laboured skate, but she smiles.

FS: 42.37+49.83 = 92.20, 146.45, in 1st (out of 13)