Let's hear it for bromance, skating bonds and friendship | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Let's hear it for bromance, skating bonds and friendship

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Please no "naughty" fantasies. GS is G-rated because we have some very young skaters who visit here. Also, we don't allow fanfics or gossip. Posts in those veins will disappear.

anyanka

Record Breaker
They did a special together right after the Olympics which showed their camaraderie. I think it was Boitano's special with Orser as a guest. So probably 1988 or 1989? Pretty sure they were skating outside somewhere.
Ah, Meoima, please be kind to Mr. Orser! A lot of us spread as we age! The important thing is he looks happy, fulfilled and challenged. And he is certainly providing fascinating scenarios for us skating fans.
:):):)

They also did the "Carmen on Ice" with Katarina Witt which was actually televised and did quite well. And here's the fun part: all three performers (Brian x 2 + Katya) collectively won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance in a Classical Music or Dance Program in 1990.

Scrufflet

Final Flight
They also did the "Carmen on Ice" with Katarina Witt which was actually televised and did quite well. And here's the fun part: all three performers (Brian x 2 + Katya) collectively won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Performance in a Classical Music or Dance Program in 1990.

Yes! I remember the three of them being interviewed with the award. Kat grabbed the award and held on to it, ignoring the interviewer while Brians conversed with the interviewer. It was quite funny!

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
I like it how Javier said he and Yuzuru are everything. He is his "skating wife", his "esposa". lol:laugh2:

Last edited:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Well Boitano is skinnier... but I think Orser is better looking. :biggrin:

Which is funny, because Boitano always had the heavier weight as amateur. Orser looked scary thin back then. Now the tables have turned!!! lol

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d41e8801a452ba93908b53c566ba83c3/tumblr_nn2eg88pNN1rm6ftfo1_500.gif
Yuzu compares his arms with Javi's arms...sorry Yuzu, Javi wins. :biggrin:

And here is what he said about Javi for the intro to the Gala at WTT

Everyone, this is the much anticipated special guest appearance.
He is very popular even in Japan and he is my Club Mate; Javier Fernandez -Senshu. (Senshu an honorary term meaning Sports competitor)
Please enjoy his clean-cut presentation and his skating perfectly timed to the music.
Please Welcome Javier Fernandez!

Barb

Record Breaker
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d41e8801a452ba93908b53c566ba83c3/tumblr_nn2eg88pNN1rm6ftfo1_500.gif
Yuzu compares his arms with Javi's arms...sorry Yuzu, Javi wins. :biggrin:

And here is what he said about Javi for the intro to the Gala at WTT

Everyone, this is the much anticipated special guest appearance.
He is very popular even in Japan and he is my Club Mate; Javier Fernandez -Senshu. (Senshu an honorary term meaning Sports competitor)
Please enjoy his clean-cut presentation and his skating perfectly timed to the music.
Please Welcome Javier Fernandez!

But I am sure a lot of people envy his tiny waist.