Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Let's jump the gun! What improvements would you like to see next year

dress

On the Ice
Music wise: no carmen, no POTO, no miserables, no 4 seasons, no american in paris, no ajanjuez, no bleu danube. Ah, and did I said no POTO?
NO CELL BLOCK TANGO with lyrics EVER AGAIN!!
Virtue/Moir: back, please skate to Danse Macabre
Lipnitskaia: Back at her best
Wagner: continue to perform like at US nationals
gold: skate to a non princessy/boring program
I hope Gracie and Ashley will keep pushing each other
TuK: Better choregrapher, less brake alas Plushenko
Chan: back with a technical coach and with solids quad and axels
Shibs: Do a program that will amaze me. Think outside de boxe
W/P: I would like to see them doing a better FD. This year's fd is good, but I'm not a big fan of it. I think it will be hard to do a FD as good as their tango one
Sotnikova: even if I don't agree with Sotchi's results, I hope she will fully heal. I Hope we will be able to see her evolve.
Paradis-ouellette: I hope they will continue to rise. I think they can surpass P/I who seems to stagnate a bit
G/Poirier: i hope they will create another masterpiece like their Hitchcok program
Lubov and Dylan: to keep improving and to secure their spot as Canada's no 2 team.
Reynolds: he had some hard times. I ust wish he will be able to have a healthy season next year
D/R: to keep pushing the technical content of their programs. It's exciting to watch them.

Lenny318

On the Ice
Mirai- Get healthy and do what makes you happy. I'd love to see her skate another season but if her heart can't take it I totally understand and wish to see her happy.

Gracie- New packaging that'll help her stand out. Skate to something jazzy, scream-o, dubstep, Gregorian chanting, whatever style she can get into I'd be curious to see it.

Polina- A better packaged program and less telegraphing/areas where you can really see the gears turning as she goes into each jumping pass (it could have been my lagging stream though...)

Mariah B- A consistent 3-3

Lipnitskaia- I hope she comes back happy and healthy. I'm curious to see her routine to Mulan but similar to Gracie, go for something new.

Sam- More speed!

Reynolds- I pray he too remains injury free and keeps the Legend of Zelda free program :)

Rippon- If he can consistently land the 4 lutz and skate with even a fraction of the fire, confidence, and attack he had at Nationals, that'll be fantastic to see.

Brown- Get that quad!

Farris, Hanyu, Nathan Chen, everyone- No injuries.

In general: I hope no major competitions are held on an improperly sized rink, ever.

Last edited:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Bring back spirals. I miss them. Nothing fancy or unnatural contortions (unless you can actually bend that way) or boring 1-2-3 sequences. Just simple, joyful/soulful gliding to the music where appropriate. I don't care who brings them back. Just bring them back. I even miss the ones where the skater supports the leg. I don't miss catch-foot though.

Re music: I like the warhorses. They're popular for a reason. I just wouldn't mind hearing new, creative cuts. Though I've never liked Carmen.

Edit: I have always wanted to hear someone skate to the soundtrack from The Incredibles. It's fun and jazzy but not the same jazz pieces you usually hear

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Oh Goodie! Christmas comes early!

I'd like to see:

- Mirai with 3 x 3A and winning the US champion 2016 with a choreographed program by Adam Rippon.

- Karen Chen, realise her potential (sames goes for Li Zijun) and continue to improve and experiment with different artistry. Manage her growth spurts well and grow a few more inches to add even more WOW factor to her already impressive presentation.

- Hanyu don't break up with his best friend due to ridiculous outside pressures/influences.

- Battle of 3A for the mens: Hanyu, Han Yan, Josh, who can do it best!

Everyone-Less injuries please. :yes:

:agree::clap:

i also want Lambiel to make program for Hanyu (look at satoko FP), he can do SP and Buttle can do FP :love:

i want So Youn to be more consistent and get harder 3-3 combo

Satoko to fix her jumps so she can jump bigger

Want underdogs to win for a change so it will be more exciting :cheer:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Bigger jumps for Satoko and Karen. They have a lot of potential. Hope puberty treats them well.

Kanako needs to fix her URs. Same goes for Mirai, but Mirai's luck needs to improve. Somehow. If possible. :hopelessness:

As the others have said, no more POTO please. I had honestly wanted to watch the Broadway show prior to this season. Now that I've heard the music a dozen times, I think my desire to watch the show is gone.

No more underage girls skating to Carmen. It's creepy.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bigger jumps for Satoko and Karen. They have a lot of potential. Hope puberty treats them well.

Kanako needs to fix her URs. Same goes for Mirai, but Mirai's luck needs to improve. Somehow. If possible. :hopelessness:

As the others have said, no more POTO please. I had honestly wanted to watch the Broadway show prior to this season. Now that I've heard the music a dozen times, I think my desire to watch the show is gone.

No more underage girls skating to Carmen. It's creepy.
Karen's jumps are just fine for her size. Did you see her 2axel? Unlike the Russian girls her axel is huge and covers a lot of ice. She has pop in her jumps which i think will serve her well when she finally grows a few more inches.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ For her size now, yes. But when she grows some more next year, I'm hoping her jumps will be higher. There's always room for some more improvement.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Abbott- If he can consistently land the 4 lutz and skate with even a fraction of the fire, confidence, and attack he had at Nationals, that'll be fantastic to see.

uuggg at 30 years old?? I think he should have retired last year, he would have gone out on a high note.
I would be shocked if he decides to do another season.

Last edited:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Bring back spirals. I miss them. Nothing fancy or unnatural contortions (unless you can actually bend that way) or boring 1-2-3 sequences. Just simple, joyful/soulful gliding to the music where appropriate. I don't care who brings them back. Just bring them back. I even miss the ones where the skater supports the leg. I don't miss catch-foot though.

Agree wholeheartedly. I miss the spirals that were held for longer than a nano-second. A real spiral is a thing of beauty and it shows control and steadiness and strength and **sigh**

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
uuggg at 30 years old?? I think he should have retired last year, he would have gone out on a high note.
I would be shocked if he decides to do another season.

I hate to say it but it is probably time for Jeremy to call it a career. It was obvious in the SP even as well as Jeremy skated his PCS wasn't that much higher then Jason or Josh which usually is a big advantage for him and asking him to keep up with the jumps at 30 against kids a decade younger is asking to much. If it's a World medal he's looking for that train has left the station and isn't coming back.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree that Spirals should be brought back, not as a requirement (as it was in the mid-aughts) but if the skater does them well. Michelle Kwan would not be able to do her "signature spiral" if she were competing today unless she was doing an EX number. Hers lasted forever, too!

Karen Chen has a lovely spiral, as does Mirai. Gracie's is pretty good, too but not quite it. Sasha Cohen had the most beautiful form in her spirals and that's the standard I look at. The Hughes sisters also had nice positions on theirs as well.

anyanka

Record Breaker
This so much! End the Phantom menace!

Speaking of Phantom Menace, how about Star Wars? With the new movie out in December 2015, wanna bet by fall 2016 there will be loads of Princess Leia costumes with the matching side buns on the hair and all the men will be Han Solo or Luke Skywalker? If anyone shows up as Darth Vader I will never ever stop laughing.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of Phantom Menace, how about Star Wars? With the new movie out in December 2015, wanna bet by fall 2016 there will be loads of Princess Leia costumes with the matching side buns on the hair and all the men will be Han Solo or Luke Skywalker? If anyone shows up as Darth Vader I will never ever stop laughing.

I'm stifling my giggles now. :rofl:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Transparent judging. :mad:

Every score given needs to be attributed to every judge, GOE and PCS, and they should all be held accountable for their scores.

(Also, I'd like the "e" deduction to be less severe, more like a 15% deduction, not a 30%).

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Shibs - Leave Marina. Please. Consider Marie-France and Patrice, or Platov. I don't even care who anymore. Just go somewhere else.
I/Z - Get an outside choreographer for the FD, please. And work on lift positions.
Papadakis/Cizeron - continue to be brilliant.
Sinitsina/Katsalapov - work on trust in lifts and twizzles. Build chemistry - don't care how, just do it.
Hurtado/Diaz - work on those edges and key points.
Coomes/Buckland - run programs all the way through to gain confidence, and work on stability in lifts.
Weaver/Poje - Andrew, please give me more face. I know you can.
Hawayek/Baker - lift variations!
Hubble/Donohue - keep on doing what you like to do. Don't conform just because the Fed says you should.
Testa/Csolley - climb up those ranks like nobody's business.

Gracie - please do programs that showcase your energy and fire. Stop trying to be someone you're not. Heck, use 'Better than Revenge' by TSwift for all I care, but do something that you're passionate about, not Frank.
Polina - stop flailing your arms, stop dressing like a fairy, please get an outside choreographer and change your costume maker.
Mirai - keep on keeping on. Don't give up. Work on those jumps and believe in yourself.
Ashley - keep upping that technical content.
Adelina - come back and prove everyone wrong. Work on those two-foot landings. Please change dressmakers.
Elizaveta - continue working on that 3A, because that will be your savior. Please wear some color. It doesn't even have to be bright.
Mae Berenice - also work on your 3A. Don't let underscoring discourage you, and keep doing programs that suit you.
Kanako - do a program that's you. Don't play it safe and pick boring warhorses again - choose what suits you.
Kaetlyn - come back and don't hurt yourself anymore. I love you but it's a rollercoaster.

Josh - continue what you are doing. You are beautiful.
Javier - conquer your headcase-y tendencies and I will love you forever.
Yuzuru - make better decisions concerning your health. Thanks.
Adam - make that quad lutz stable and keep your choreography good.
Max - keep doing character based programs and change your haircut.
Denis - please stop bombing the GP series, you make me stressed.

Duhamel/Radford - please take ballet classes or something. I love your tech but the artistry is lacking.
Denney/Frazier - continue doing programs that make you happy, even if they're not conventional.
James/Cipres - consistency is the name of the game, please work on it.
Scimeca/Kneriem - side by side jumps. Land them more.
Kayne/O'Shea - lift positions. Make them more stable.
Sui/Han - continue with programs that give you characters, they suit you.
Castelli/Tran - work on smoothness and synch.
Stolbova/Klimov - continue building your confidence, and don't stagnate.
Savchenko/Massot - please work out the federation issue, I am nothing without Aliona's costumes.