Lysacek for 2014? | Golden Skate

Lysacek for 2014?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
cute quote, there, Evan *facepalm*

I actually thought about how it'd be cool if his body could hold out for another four years just to see if he could land on the podium again. Why not?

Dark-Eyes

Rinkside
Please no.
Nothing against Evan, but I think we've seen enough of him. :p He's got the OG. I don't see him going for another one....

Germanice

On the Ice
Oh noooo! Retire, Mr. Flintstone, make some bucks at SOI or where ever in
your homecountry! :boohoo: Just get out of our sight! :disapp:

Alatariel

On the Ice
I'd actually love to see him in Russia. It would be the worst embarrassment of his professional life. Which he knows. Which is why he won't be there.

JuliusFelix

Rinkside
It actually WAS a cute quote. Got my dad laughing.

I don't at all think he'll stick around. I'd be surprised if he didn't retire after this season. Pity, too. Olympics are always a depressing time because of the sheer # of skaters who leave the field. Understandable, of course, but still depressing.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Oh, please, :bow:Evan, leave, retire, do something else, anything, such as to continue your quest for extreme skating and your goal of being the first man to jump quintuple jumps.

Last edited:

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I think Evan should retire while he is on top... he got his OGM at the peak age for men in figure skating. Why push it and risk injury? Evan and Johnny have given us wonderful performances and rivalry, but I think it is time for them to both step down (after securing places for US men at Worlds for next season) and let other US mens figure skaters start getting some international experience before 2014 Sochi.

Smuusik

Rinkside
Mr Evan Lysacek
Don't be afraid to go to Sochi in 2014. You will get a Visa and you won't be stopped at the border of Russia but consider this to be a divine truth: you WILL be scored exactly 0,01 points less than Evgeni Plushenko and that is as certain as that sun rises from the east.

I have my doubts about whether we will really see them four years from now but that's that.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think he will be too old but the ego does some tricky things...ie, Plushenko.

for being an old geezer he certainly gave teh young'uns a run for their money.

I still think Evan was skating with silver in mind, which is why he had the reserved skate.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Mr Evan Lysacek
Don't be afraid to go to Sochi in 2014. You will get a Visa and you won't be stopped at the border of Russia but consider this to be a divine truth: you WILL be scored exactly 0,01 points less than Evgeni Plushenko and that is as certain as that sun rises from the east.

I don´t believe that either of them will be competing in Sochi, LOL. Actually I took the words of Evan as a joke... I have understood though that Evan will be back for next season, which I´m welcoming very much. At least I have gotten that impression from his interviews, but of course his mind may change.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think that would honestly be great if he was there, but too many things can happen along the way, and in all honesty I don't think it would be good for Evan because of his OCD. Yes, OCD (i.e. obsessive compulsive disorder). I've watched the video about athletes & if they are superstitious, et al. And Evan's condition is way way beyond that, nothing to laugh or be facetious about either, he has a problem, and I hope he gets helps for it (e.g. making sure he needs to wake up at 7:01AM exactly; the 1 has to be exact, tying his shoelaces a certain number of times, has to sit in the exact same seat even to the point of moving whomever may already be sitting there, etc. etc. etc.).

Yes, this type of behavior is most likely what won him the gold medal, the constant exact same number of runthroughs, et al, but in the long run I seriously hope he gets help. When something overtakes your life then you need to seek help (e.g. a famous comedian has OCD, constantly washing his hands 100+ times a day, even to the point of shaving his head because of the fear of germs).

My elder sister's best friend has this condition, has had it practically all her life, and it has ruined her marriage & her relationships. She works out obsessively to almost the point of anorexia, has to knock a certain number of times on her bathtub before she takes a shower, needs everything to be super clean, etc. She's tried to get help with it over the years, but it's a hard thing to cure.

Anyhow, back on topic, I hope to see Evan & Evgeni there, and so many more, as I am already feeling a bit of letdown now that the mens figure skating competition is over. Hopefully the womens will pick me up a bit! :)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'd rather have Dai come back than Evan or Evgeni. I don't find their programs very enjoyable.

But hey, it's their decisions.

zizi31

Rinkside
I don't think he'll be back. He's not that strong technically now, and will probably be weaker in 4 years. The field will pass him, and he might not be able to even medal in 2014. Of course, I'm assuming that we'll see a much more exciting level of competition among the men in 2014 than we did this year. It seems like Evan's competitors performed poorly, and he won by default. I like his skating, but he does not fit my ideal of an OGM winner. He should consider himself lucky that he won and quit while he's ahead.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I think that would honestly be great if he was there, but too many things can happen along the way, and in all honesty I don't think it would be good for Evan because of his OCD. Yes, OCD (i.e. obsessive compulsive disorder). I've watched the video about athletes & if they are superstitious, et al. And Evan's condition is way way beyond that, nothing to laugh or be facetious about either, he has a problem, and I hope he gets helps for it (e.g. making sure he needs to wake up at 7:01AM exactly; the 1 has to be exact, tying his shoelaces a certain number of times, has to sit in the exact same seat even to the point of moving whomever may already be sitting there, etc. etc. etc.).

Yes, this type of behavior is most likely what won him the gold medal, the constant exact same number of runthroughs, et al, but in the long run I seriously hope he gets help.

I agree that when I actually started thinking about how many runthroughs he was doing (4-5 day!) and all the other like idocencracies, it reminded me a lot of Tara who would jump obsessively if she missed a single attempt. I think that now once he has his Gold medal he will come down from that, and wean himself into living a "normal" life, wake up when he feels like it etc. Tara seems to be a pretty normal young lady now, maybe the gold medal is the cure they both needed.