Marin Honda | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Quelita

Rinkside
If he says they are great then he means it. She knew how to do them when she was 11 and by the time she was 12 she mastered them. Just like russian kids who have olympic level and master the jumps when they are 12, some at age 11. If that sport involved female teams in the ladies categories more girls could go to the olympics. Arutynian and most russian coaches expect the world from their students, to be all prodigees and she seems to be one though Canada and the U.S. has had a few prodigees too but they all need to start at age 2 like Marin Honda or 3 max at age 6. The ones with very little talent and the untalented ones are not taught ice skating or any sport in sports clubs in Russia or in former communist countries I guess but in the U.S. ,Canada, and Mexico they are given classes. Mexican coaches are very good too and help anyone that wants to learn whether they are talented or untalented. Some mexican figure skaters can be excellent skaters too like Andrea Montessinos and some other from the mexican team. They need more time to learn triples, more ice team and support from their governments. ☺

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
As far as I and the world know, Marin does not and will never have quads in her arsenal, competitive or otherwise. Imagine, tho! Lol. :laugh:

Kara

Final Flight
She looks taller! Looking much more comfortable with her SP too. Just hoping for some good skates and that she’s happy.:)

rnois13

On the Ice
Some say on twitter that her physique is like North American woman now lol, if it means she's sturdy and athletic then good for her!

The SA panel is strict at calling out the URs and people are questioning the edge calls from the men's event. So even though podium kinda look hopeless atm, I really want her to reach PB.

One positive change I notice in practice is that she has a clearer sense of direction on the ice. She's not hesitant and wandering like she used to.

combinationspin

On the Ice
Some say on twitter that her physique is like North American woman now lol, if it means she's sturdy and athletic then good for her!

The SA panel is strict at calling out the URs and people are questioning the edge calls from the men's event. So even though podium kinda look hopeless atm, I really want her to reach PB.

One positive change I notice in practice is that she has a clearer sense of direction on the ice. She's not hesitant and wandering like she used to.

Strict tech panel sounds a bit unfortunate as I must say I have never seen her triples as prone to UR as in the LP practice video above. Let‘s hope she was holding back because it was only a practice session and she will go all out in the competition.
I agree that she seems more disciplined and determined in the latest practice sessions than before. Watching her practices used to be quite nerve-wracking :laugh:.

Vili67

On the Ice
Marin has everyting to become new Mao to me.
I just love to watch her skate always smile on her face:)

Amef

Final Flight
Great clean program. Apparently a few URs and spin problems. Hope she does better tomorrow and grabs Gold!

ArenaWings

On the Ice
That was such a lovely performance from Marin!

The new dress looks elegant and moves beautifully, I am just not sure if that fits the theme of the program.:laugh:

blackey

On the Ice
^
it's actually her old dress for her tango program. she just never got the chance to wear it. i think it's because many people don't like the black dress she has to change it but hasn't have enough time to get a new one.

ArenaWings

On the Ice
^
it's actually her old dress for her tango program. she just never got the chance to wear it. i think it's because many people don't like the black dress she has to change it but hasn't have enough time to get a new one.

I see, & the Honda sisters all have very good costume. They must have some top of the world stylists assisting them ;)
I am sure she will get a good one that fits her program.

WineHerUp

On the Ice
Marin has everyting to become new Mao to me.
I just love to watch her skate always smile on her face:)

And just like Mao, she'll be perpetually underscored throughout her career :(. She has everything to be the star of the figure skating world ugh.

pandatours

On the Ice
Not perfect but the best we’ve seen in a while! I’m sure as the season goes on we will see the technical and PCS go up. If anyone missed Ashley Wagner’s Instastories she was cheering Marin on too.

Marin looked a bit disappointed at the score but she skated with such joy and command over the ice. She’s been putting in the hard work and this skate is just a small part of a larger plan

firal

Record Breaker
Just watched her SP; good outing! I always like the red on her. The Japanese ladies field is so deep but I really hope she comes through this season!

Amef

Final Flight
Not too worried about the Underscore though. She may make it up in the Free if she skates clean tomorrow. She has less URs than the lead Satoko in general.