Masterpieces that Never Came To Be | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Masterpieces that Never Came To Be

rlopen

On the Ice
Also I fully believe that if Pogorilaya didn’t injure her back and had her 2016 Grand Prix form her Black Swan would have been a masterpiece.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would ignore my next post then :biggrin:

Has anyone ever skated to surfer music or is the beachy summer vibes too much of a contrast to dancing in the cold while wearing knifeboots? I kind of think a surfer rock medley could be an epic masterpiece though........surfs up :coffee:

Sorry to the OP for the :hijacked:

John Baldwin skated to surfer music as a singles competitor. I could not find a vid though.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone mentioned Prince SP before. Which I half-agree because I wanted to see it clean, but it's already great as it is. LGC is probably my favorite of Yuzuru's SPs.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but my all-time favorite program: Sui/Han's Bridge Over Troubled Water. :luv17: 2017 Worlds was beautiful, but it wasn't completely clean. They only performed it two times, and I wished so badly for it to be kept Olympic season.

Oddly enough, you picked the two programs that made me appreciate those skaters.

I never got what all the fuss was about Hanyu until that Prince program.

Same with S/H and "Bridge."

I'm a fan now. Especially of S/H.

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
She didn't peak with this one on the big stages (nats/worlds) but this season debut clean 7-triple performance was a masterpiece in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bggmmcVTs&t=55s :bow::bow::love:

Oh I love this performance, don't get me wrong. Her dress, everything is just perfect. Just beautiful. The program has soft, gentle moments but then it also had tense drama. I also love how Sandra is tripping over herself about Michelle's performance and she is right. "The way in which she presents herself on the ice every time she steps on the ice, it's just exquisite".
Yes, Sandra, it is.

edenlover

On the Ice
I thought Michelle's Romanza SP from her first World Championship was a Masterpiece--the little footwork steps and arm/hand motions were so special. Sadly, it was never given the same respect/notoriety as some of her later programs. BTW Michelle herself spoke about the importance of the red lace costume to the program in an interview once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=1imuQWeIi4Q

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Mao's jupiter EX. This could have been a superb competitive program.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Probably whatever I/K would have skated to in 2015 had they not split.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Satoko's Planets, while it reached her highest score and 4th highest PB from any female skater at the time of the 2016 GPF and earned her a silver, injury caused her to withdraw from the rest of the season. To me, she never quite reached her peak performance with that program.

Back then I was quite upset that Pogorilaya (my fave) lost to her (winning Bronze instead of Silver) as I came to a conclusion that she was wronged. But beyond Satoko's technical side that I thought was not accurately assessed (surprisingly high GOE for jumps that tipped the favour) there was that beautiful performance with such an exquisite choreography. Now when I think about it and re-watch it more ... this is the very moment I like from Satoko the most so far as far the appeal of Figure Skating is considered. So yes, I agree with you in this regard.