Skaters that you feel would be great in the future and have never reach their full potential | Golden Skate

Skaters that you feel would be great in the future and have never reach their full potential

mrrice

Record Breaker
Last edited:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I was always greatly impressed by Yebin Mok. She had extensive ballet trining and it showed in her skating. This picture is kind of fuzzy, but you get the idea.

I saw an ice dance performance with Yebin Mok and Mark Hanretty skating (it was a tribute to John Curry).

I've watched a lot of figure skating, and these two are amongst the most beautifully expressive and elegant skaters I've ever seen.

If only they could be persuaded out of retirement to form an ice dance pair.....

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Polina Edmunds
She made it to Olympics in 2014 but growth spurt and injury derailed her subsequently.
My favorite performance is her 2015 Gold Metal winning FS at Four Continents …she received a lot of flack about her music choice, packaging (pink dress, which I loved) as being too juvenile but she was still quite young. The commentary here begins slightly negative then gets more positive as the program progresses. Wonder what naysayers would say today..
Also, the commenter said something about her twizzles in the program… she could outdo the best in that department; she once had a twizzle contest with Charlie White… and WON!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There are many... but the first name that came to my mind : Josée Chouinard... Fine, she went to the Olympics, placed in top 5 at worlds, won a medal at GPF... and then, had a great pro career... BUT... she had it all and it never came together all at once, at the same competition.

Leaving you with one of the good outings... She won that event ahead of competitors like Chen Lu, Irina Slutskaya and Surya Bonaly.

Last edited:

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Naomi Nari Nam. She was so special at 99 Nationals. By the next year she started her growth spurt and wasn't the same skater and then injuries did her in.

Yukina Ota. Exquisite. But she had major UR issues. I also think she had injuries as well.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Although did have career highlights that most skaters would love and is still competing, I am going to say...

Gracie. We all know why it happened the way it did, but she truly seems to have been the last real great hope for a US superstar in the all-important women's field, she had everything it needed, and maybe it would never have been possible by that stage even for someone as lovely as she was at her peak (still is, in a different way) but.......... when you look at her career, it must be at least a small heartbreak that she was just off the podium in every single major competition - 4th at Worlds, 4th at Olympics, 4th at 4CC, 5th at GPF. So damn close each time.

Last edited:

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Elena Glebova
She looks promising with her effortless triple toe / triple toe.

I was thinking that she would have improved over the time. But, she kind of regress in her last season with easy triple layout without triple flip and lutz.

I must say that I have enjoy her black magic women and cleopatra program. The music cut and the costume where awesome.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Although did have career highlights that most skaters would love and is still competing, I am going to say...

Gracie. We all know why it happened the way it did, but she truly seems to have been the last real great hope for a US superstar in the all-important women's field, she had everything it needed, and maybe it would never have been possible by that stage even for someone as lovely as she was at her peak (still is, in a different way) but.......... when you look at her career, it must be at least a small heartbreak that she was just off the podium in every single major competition - 4th at Worlds, 4th at Olympics, 4th at 4CC, 5th at GPF. So damn close each time.
Technically she did get Olympic bronze from the team event. But true still.

sadya

On the Ice
Country
Netherlands
Alisa Fedichkina, I loved her skating and was looking forward to seeing more programs:
Sentimental Waltz 2015 SP JGP

Singing in the Rain 2017 FS

Another lovely skater was Serafima Sakhanovich:
Hachi: A Dog's Tale 2017 SP Russian Nationals