Max Aaron | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

nguyhm

On the Ice
A shout out to Max for two great skates, I'm so happy for him. Also congrats to him for graduating from college recently (if it has not been mentioned yet). I'm hoping that he will keep skating but if he decides not to I'm sure he is well equipped for a great future :hap10:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kailani has a great :eek:: picture of Max in her instagram stories (@kailanicraine) from the banquet last night!

Thx for posting re Kailani. LOL, one of my reactions was that Max looks so tall in her photo :cool:.

ETA (on Jan 29):
Kailani now has re-posted (not as a story) her photo with Max (as the fifth one within a big group of her other banquet photos, all nice to see):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeieLbfFLak/?taken-by=kailanicraine (Jan 29)​

And then today Angela posted this photo and comment ;):

I trust that Angela was not joking about "the best training buddy" part :ghug:.

Max, Kailani, Julian, et al., were among skaters from at least seven :yay: federations who gathered for this banquet photo:

A shout out to Max for two great skates, I'm so happy for him. Also congrats to him for graduating from college recently (if it has not been mentioned yet). I'm hoping that he will keep skating but if he decides not to I'm sure he is well equipped for a great future :hap10:

Enjoyed your comments, nguyhm :).

Regarding Magna Max :bow: and his graduation, this thread has photos, articles, video, etc. (starting on p. 105). It was wonderful to see the happiness and pride from him -- and for him.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Their faces tell the story. Couldn't be happier for them! So great to close out the season on a high note. Congratulations to both!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That's a gorgeous picture!

And it seems Max is enjoying his off-season. He posted a picture of a drink (a milkshake of some kind?) on his instagram stories with the hashtag #gainz. I'm gaining just reading the menu board in the background! Enjoy!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... And it seems Max is enjoying his off-season. He posted a picture of a drink (a milkshake of some kind?) on his instagram stories with the hashtag #gainz. I'm gaining just reading the menu board in the background! Enjoy!

Billed on the chalkboard as a healthy smoothie ... but I bet #13 Cake Batter did taste good and did feel like a treat. #Gainz :cool:

(I am daydreaming about #26 Pistachio. :luv17:)

The location of the smoothie place seems to be Scottsdale, so I'm happy that Max is getting well-deserved family time. :ghug:
(As his training [to at least some extent] presumably continues ... in accordance with his status as alternate.)

ETA:

Max is mentioned (with photo) in today's NBC Olympics article about Ice the Movie. :)

FYI: “Ice – The Movie” premieres on February 20 at a screening in Los Angeles. It will be available on Amazon on March 11 on DVD and for digital download.

ETA (on Feb 5):

Ice The Movie has updated the information for the LA screening on Feb 20.

I am deleting the out-of-date information from this post.

Next post will have the up-to-date information.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
"Tickets are officially on sale for Ice The Movie's LA prescreening!" on Feb 20.

Not sure whether GS rules would allow the link for tickets to be posted, but it is given within this Facebook post from Ice The Movie.

$13 per ticket.

Tue, February 20, 2018
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM PST

1615 Vine Street
Los Angeles, CA 90028

ETA (on Feb 6):

"There is a very limited number of seats and tickets will not be available at the door."

Doors open at 7 pm.
Screening at 8 pm.

https://www.facebook.com/IceFeatureFilm/posts/1668822783225515 (Feb 5)​

And there is going to be a #RedCarpet :cool: -- also mentioned in Ice the Movie's Instagram story.​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hope Max is feeling a lot of love today. :ghug: :hap93:

To mark the occasion, I changed my avatar (although it's hard to see) to a throwback to last year's Valentine's photo shoot:

(LOL, I had not noticed before that :laugh15: one of the flying hearts had landed on Max's wrist.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max is one of the athletes mentioned/quoted in a USOC article focused on Susie Parker-Simmons, senior sports dietitian at the OTC in Colorado Springs.

... She has worked with figure skaters including former national champion Max Aaron, who is allergic to tree nuts and shellfish, and two-time Olympian Mirai Nagasu, who is competing in PyeongChang and won a bronze medal in the team event.

“Nutritionists like Susie make sure I’m eating the right thing and timing my meals so I’m peaking at the right time with energy,” Aaron said. “She also makes sure that we’re taking the right supplements. We’re inside all the time so we don’t get Vitamin D at all, so she’s making sure we’re taking that and our levels are OK.” ...

https://www.teamusa.org/News/2018/F...-Team-USA-Athletes-The-Right-Fuel-For-Success (Feb 17)​

I had not known that Max has any food allergies.

Madi Hubbell is another skater in the article.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tree nuts and shellfish! Poor Max. I hope he is only a little bit allergic and not Josh-levels of allergic.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max is still in Arizona, per the post on his instagram stories today. (I had to do a bit of digging to figure out where this cycling event was.)

I assume he will stay there until his birthday, at least.

If Adam does not go to Worlds and Jason is subbed in, Max will almost certainly become the first alternate. So I hope that is somehow cheering for him.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max is still in Arizona, per the post on his instagram stories today. (I had to do a bit of digging to figure out where this cycling event was.) ...

ICYMI: the Instagram story of @cierrarunge also has a few frames of video of SnuggleBat as cheerleader :yay: for their Team USA cycling friend.

Plus Cierra (Team USA swimmer) posted this still photo of "Olympic Training Center Fam Bam: Arizona Edition" :cool: :ghug::

Ross74

Medalist

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, it is the 25th here, so:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! :yay:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, it is the 25th here, so:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! :yay:

Before midnight comes .... adding my Happy Birthday wishes for SnuggleBat. :hb: :ghug:

ETA (on Mar 1):

From today's IN article:

... Ice The Movie will be available on Amazon this month. ...

Several well-known skaters appear in the movie, including two-time U.S. champion Alissa Czisny, U.S. champion Max Aaron and Olympic silver medalist Peter Carruthers. ...

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/03/01/267515072/ice-the-movie-receives-hollywood-premiere (Mar 1)​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Wait!!!! Coach Z's Twitter shows that Max is going to Worlds???

https://twitter.com/CoachTomZ/status/969557498347773953

Sounds as if Max just found out. And I am excited for him. :dance2:

(I hope it does not mean that USFS skipped over Ross :ghug:. I hope that Ross declined.)

ETA (on Mar 2):

USFS now has said that Ross did decline.
www.usfigureskating.org/story?id=91354&type=media

ETA:
Makes me very happy that Max has another chance to skate the programs with the music he wanted for so long: Les Mis and Phantom. :yay:​

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am super happy for him, but of course, the burning question is whom will he replace! Too soon for the official list to be updated.