Max Aaron | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Max is replacing Jason (1st alternate) who declined.
Slay Max!

Yes, I heard a few minutes ago. So sorry to not see Jason, but I love Max, so I hope he has been preparing like crazy! Knowing him, he is.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*falls out of bed squeaking excitedly* We get to see him again! We get to see him again!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, I have to confess (and in here, because I know my fellow Maxians will understand). I've been on and off crying all day about this. I really thought that 4CC was the end. Now we'll get to see him one last time.

Teach me how to say goodbye...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max just posted onto his instagram stories - a rather pretty shot of what looks like the Garden of the Gods, so I'm guessing he was actually flying back when Z posted.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Okay, I have to confess (and in here, because I know my fellow Maxians will understand). I've been on and off crying all day about this. ...

Max's tweet tonight sharing his excitement for Worlds is making me cry :ghug: :sad4:.

I think the tear-inducing part for me is that he starts by saying thanks for all the love.
I am so glad that he knows how much support he has.

Go, Max :yay:.

(So within two days we've had a mini-vid of smiling Josh moving on ice and a tweet from Max. :hap36:)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only a week and a day until we see him skate again! :love:

slider11

Medalist
Liam and Max - a dream come true. If you could clone Liam's artistry and Max's jumps (most of the time) you'd have super -skater!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*curls up in this thread*

I can't do this. I can't. I thought I could but I can't.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay. Sorry for my meltdown earlier.

Video of Max SP is over here! He got 79 and change (booooo they could have put him over 80 really). 4S hand down, 3Lz-3T, 3A step out.

He will skate first in the second group for the free.

After the SP he did his quick quotes for the ISU which broke my heart.

It was a tough program but for the time that I had training I did the best that I can and I have no regrets. I’m somewhat proud of what I did but I’m really just here to support the boys Nate [Nathan Chen] and Vincent [Zhou] in case anything goes wrong and I can sneak in there and help them secure two spots. But I’m really confident that those boys are going to lay it down and, hopefully, bring home two World medals. So I’m just here for support and to help them out as much as I can. I actually wasn’t training. I took time off, I was an alternate and I didn’t think it would ever happen so I had 3 or 4 weeks off, shame on me, then I got the call and came back and threw myself into it. I am happy that I qualified for the free but I’m really just here to support our two men.

The following is from Ice Talk #67 (29:00 Men and Pairs Worlds preview):

(Jackie asks how Ben thinks Max will fit into the Worlds equation)
B: Max, it's exciting for him, you know, he finished college, he started a job in Scottsdale and now he's like yeah, I'll come back and do this. So he's been back here training and it's been great to have him back in the rink. You know, I think he has just a different perspective at this point where he's really relaxed, he's not freaking out about it, and I think he's just going to go and try and enjoy it, and we could see maybe some of the best skating from him that we've ever seen because he's just in a really good place mentally, and he's going to be relaxed, and you'd be surprised about how well you can skate when you're not stressed about it.

He started a job in Arizona.
He wasn't training.

It's over, isn't it? We'll never see him again. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Highly tenuous speculation ...

But @edeaskates Instagram story shows Max at the booth in his sneakers -- both with laces untied.
Could it be possible that his sneaker laces were untied because he had just finished trying on boots?? (As well as doing goodwill/promotional stuff.) Cuz maybe he will need more boots for next season???

And the wording of his quick quotes also has me pondering: " ... I took time off, I was an alternate .... "
He took time off, meaning that maybe his intention was/is(??) to return later to training for next season????​

Okay. Sorry for my meltdown earlier.

Video of Max SP is over here! He got 79 and change (booooo they could have put him over 80 really). 4S hand down, 3Lz-3T, 3A step out.

He will skate first in the second group for the free. ...

No need to apologize. :ghug:

Thx for the video link.
I must say that watching Max always makes me happy :), never mind any mistakes. It brings joy to my heart just to know that he is skating to music choices that were his own desire.

Look forward to his FS to Phantom. Go, Max. :yay:

The following is from Ice Talk #67 (29:00 Men and Pairs Worlds preview):

He started a job in Arizona.
He wasn't training. ...

Thanks for the news. I am torn btwn selfishly wanting Max to continue his skating career and wanting to be understanding that maybe he is eager to start going after non-skating goals that are important to him.

Speaking of other goals ;), anyone else wondering whether he will have a chance in Milan to meet a nice Italian girl?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Post-FS quick quotes from Worlds:

Max Aaron (USA), 2018 Four Continents 5th

I'm just happy I got to do my job to the best of my ability. It wasn't a perfect skate but I felt great. I didn't know I was coming until one and a half weeks ago and I hadn't been skating for four weeks because I took a break after Four Continents. I was the third alternate and I really wasn't expecting Jason Brown to turn down the invitation but I have a job to do so I stepped up and prepared. The USA's doing so well here and this is my fourth World Championships so I'm like a big brother to the boys (Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou). (On his future) This may be my last ever competition. I haven't fully decided yet but I can't wait to watch the young ones coming up.

http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/EWtBSOR6CIRUDya/download?path=/&files=QQ_MenFS1.pdf

So happy that he felt great. :hap93:
Max is such a mensch. :ghug: I hope/believe that Nathan and Vincent appreciate the support of BigBrotherBat.

Video of Max's FS, with British Eurosport commentary:

BTW, it has been nice to see both Tom and Becky with Max in Milan's magnificent Kiss and Cry.
Unusual for both coaches at the same time to travel internationally with him, AFAIK? I wonder whether Max wanted Becky there in case it is his last competition -- as form of thanking her for her major role in his career.

ETA:

Thanks to Max (11th place overall) and Nathan (gold medalist), U.S. men will have three spots at 2019 Worlds. :yay:

Super-proud of Max :bow: :sad4: :bow: for once again doing his part for the benefit of Team USA.

Congratulations to Nathan. Hugs to Vincent.​