Men's Long | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Long

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Lambiel should be completely embarassed by himself now, and I say that even as a fan. The way he is starting to look is inexcusable. He is making a fool of himself at the moment, he should go out there in a clown suit. I cant believe he is not only getting better again, he is getting worse and worse and WORSE. I cant remember the last time I saw an uglier and worse performance from any skater who was in the top 20 in the World, he probably should have gotten a score under 100 or something. He should either decide he is still serious about skating or quit rather then making a fool of himself like he is now. Right now he looks like a complete 100% fool out there, and as a former World Champion he is a disgrace at the moment.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Way to go Johnny!! Glad to see he didn't melt down in the long program. I guess that this coaching change was good for him!!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lambiel should be completely embarassed by himself now, and I say that even as a fan. The way he is starting to look is inexcusable. He is making a fool of himself at the moment, he should go out there in a clown suit. I cant believe he is not only getting better again, he is getting worse and worse and WORSE. I cant remember the last time I saw an uglier and worse performance from any skater who was in the top 20 in the World, he probably should have gotten a score under 100 or something. He should either decide he is still serious about skating or quit rather then making a fool of himself like he is now. Right now he looks like a complete 100% fool out there, and as a former World Champion he is a disgrace at the moment.

People watching the performance said he looked as if his knees were very stiff, and they thought he had hurt himself when he fell on the quad. He is trying to skate with bum knees. I'm sure that's interfered with his practices. He sure didn't WANT to skate that way.

He's not a disgrace---he's injured. Cut him a break!

bekalc

Record Breaker

Aww, cut the guy some slack. It could be his injuries.. Alexei Mishin said in a interview that Lambiel works like a dog... And he knows the guy. Maybe it is his injuries...? See, I don't hate Lambiel.

megrin

Rinkside
I am so glad Johnny finally did it!!! It's been a long long time to see his such a happy face after free program and I'm touched to see it. The score is his personal best! He himself was saying that at the kiss and cry. I am really happy for him. When he came to Japan for that International Counter Match, I got to talk with him and his coach. He was happy and cheerful, and on the first day, he was socializing with his fans as usual; his coach was standing nearby, waiting for him. She didn't seem happy about it as it was taking a long time. I talked to her and wished them good luck, but next day he was going back to the hotel from the back door, avoiding seeing his fans. Mme Zmievskaya told him not to spend his time doing that and Johnny listened to her. I am so glad this coaching change is working well. I hope he keeps training himself well, and he will do three combos (triple-triples) next time.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I like Johnny more then Evan for sure. I have still been adament pointing out Evan has dominated Johnny for almost 2 full years now since it is the truth, and it seems some people dont want to recognize it for some reason, despite that I like Evan less of the two that has been what has happened. However it is good to see Johnny beat Evan here, it is also good to see the judges finally give Evan lower PCS then Johnny. It is also good and very surprising to see such a COP-friendly program from Johnny. Hopefully it is the start of the tide swinging in Johnny's favor again, and he can regain the U.S title from Evan. I would love to see that.

1cmarie

Rinkside
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Way to gooooo, JOHNNY!!!
Congrats to Evan and Stephane. This is JUST the result I was hoping to wake up to!!!

jennylovskt

Medalist
Wow!!!!!!!!!! That is the Johnny we want to see for a long, long, long time! I am so happy for him! He overcame himself and made his new record on LP!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well it's promising for Johnny... hopefully this is just what his confidence needed

but he most likely just lit a huge fire under Evan.... ;) Nationals is going to be INSANELY intense

Ximena

Final Flight
I've just seen Johnny's FS. I'm so so happy! :laugh:

The only two negative things I can say, and they're not even negative just things that in my point of view he needs to work on is:
- He is softer than the music calls for (the music is really good, the last part if "fallen angels"), it's very powerful music in some parts and Johnny is more "Otoñal" kind of skater, but I think being this the first time he did it, it's good.
- The step sequences, I saw the video and that circular step sequence and I was sure it was going to be marked low and then the protocols proved me right. Same with the straighline. And in the SP he has marked so much higher for his spins. Fix that and that program is a winner.
- One more, THREE COMBOS!! He can do three combos, he could have put a 2t anywhere else, after the salchow, maybe he planned after the flip but since that was the only jump he had a tiny program to land, he probably decided not to, I hope that was the reason and not that he fogot...again.

Into the positive, I could write and essay 10 pages long, but one of the most wonderful things every jump he did was GORGEOUS! Especially the axels, oh those great axels!! After the flip that he landed well but you knew he had to make an extra effort, Tarasova goes "congratulations!". She was happy.
And it's such an smart program jump wise, his first three jumps has nothing in-between but are the two difficult ones for him. He has all his strength starting the program and he uses it to do triple axels back to back and it works, he may not get the bonus for putting after half the program, but it works like this. He has the stronger jumps out and he can focus on the rest.
The program becomes a program after those back to back jumps, it's very nicely done so kudos to Dennis. You could see that this time Johnny was focusing getting those jumps done and he did.

So so happy!!! the vid does not have the k&c but you could see his smile as soon as the program was over, so happy to have you back Johnny, now stay like that!

Jasper

Final Flight
Good for Johnny! Everyone wrote him off this season but he's still young enough and talented enough to threaten for Worlds podium. I'm glad he was able to have a clean LP for the first time internationally in a very long time, and also beat Lysacek internationally again.

It just worries me because I think his lead over Evan should be even bigger considering Evan's struggles on his first two jumping passes.

Poor Stephane! I wonder if his problems are more physical or mental. We know he's struggled with motivation in his last, and we've never expected his body to last forever, esp. considering his knee surgeries pre-2005. I hope he recovers for his next event because I want to see him, like Buttle, make the GPF. It wasn't long ago that Lambiel and Buttle were on top of the world, and then on top of the GPF. But right now their technical content certainly needs work... Let's certainly not write off Stephane yet. He's a fighter through and through.