Michelle will be at Marshalls | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle will be at Marshalls

flowjo35

On the Ice
Vash01 said:
Michelle needs to skate before an audience before the USN, no matter what format it is- cheesefest or anything else. She has been off the ice for so long that it will be a good warmup for her. I can't wait to see her skate again.

Vash

Vash, I agree with this 100%

Red Dog said:
OTOH, it's not sad people like her. But completely understandable. What IS sad, however, is that a lot of these fans don't understand why others don't feel the same admiration for her.
RD - Sure they do. they understand quite well reading posts of the others who don't feel the same admiration. the anyone but Kwans are hardly invisible.

frackskat004

Spectator
Joesitz said:
I'm feeling for you, RD. It's sad that so many people like her.

Joe

Why can't you just be happy that Michelle is going to be at Marshalls? Yeah allowing the audience to vote is just really dumb. It's obvious that Michelle will likely get the most votes. But the most important thing is that we will be able to see Michelle skate. Isn't that exciting on its own? Who cares about the lame contest! We will get to see how wells he is doing. Stop being so negative.

Joesitz said:
RD - Sure they do. they understand quite well reading posts of the others who don't feel the same admiration. the anyone but Kwans are hardly invisible.
ITA with Red Dog. I'm not a fan of Michelle's, but I've liked her skating since '03, "Aranjuez" and I'm thrilled that she's well enough to skate and will be happy to see her--just as I did Irina when she was able to return to the ice. But I've gotten too many posts, PMs, etc. from Radical Kwan Fans who have said verbatim, "I just don't understand how anyone could not love Michelle."

And that's just what I get. I've seen the same thing happen to others. RDF's love Michelle "for always" and that's great, but sadly I've also seen too much evidence that at best a lot of them just don't get why others don't feel the same and at worst, express their hatred for anyone who isn't an RDF, much less someone who just plain doesn't like Kwan's skating or Kwan.

But to be fair, there are plenty of Heavy Duty Kwan Fans who have expressed their understanding of both sides of the Kwan Koin. You know who you are. You actually talk to me, LOL (just kidding). You are often the ones who put things in the best perspective. I'd list you but these days I'm sure I'd forget most of your names.:scratch:

Rgirl

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
I talk to you, Rgirl! :love:

Seriously ... I'm about as uber as it gets when it comes to Michelle, but I certainly don't feel everyone has to love her like I do. Of course, I wouldn't trust those people with my children (if I had any) ... JUST KIDDING!!! :laugh:

I will confess that I get very defensive where Michelle is concerned ... but I try not to be too obnoxious ... hopefully I succeed most of the time. :p
I've really tried to be good lately ... when I read something negative about her, I count to 10 before responding. But just a warning ... that doesn't always work. :rofl:

swannanoa54

On the Ice
First of all, what are "RDF"s?

Secondly, Kwan has been my favorite skater for ages, but when she's gone, I'll have a new favorite just because I've watched figure skating far longer than Kwan's been around. I went to COI a couple of years ago to see Dorothy Hamill of all things. (And I got to see her skate with Kwan so I was really excited)

I think Kwan may feel a little pressure to participate in this stupid "Skating Idol" cheesefest but I also think she feels the need to get her programs out there in some form just for some feedback. She doesn't have to do the jumps so her LP could possibly have the time reduced by eliminating the jumps.

I'm pretty sure that I could care less who likes Kwan and who doesn't. In the scheme of things, it isn't that important. I don't like quiche either, but I certainly don't rag on people who eat it. The problem is there are so many "rabid" anti-Kwan fans AND pro-Kwan fans that it's difficult to find the middle ground.

R.D.

Record Breaker
RG- not just that, but a select few of these fans seem to select certain posters to continually bait and annoy. It gets on my last nerve :mad:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I also agree that skating before ANY audience will really help MK out. I would almost bet if she were skating this season that she would have skipped this event.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
GREAT NEWS! I can't wait to see what Michelle will skate to. I'm assuming that she'll give us a 'taste' of her Olympics programs, right? This will be 'it' before Nationals.

euterpe

Medalist
As I understand it, this competition will be in two parts: the first program, then the voting, then the top two go on to the second program (an exhibition), then voting again, then the winner announced.

I'm not sure if the 'popular' voting carries more weight than the 'experts' (Button, Fleming, Carruthers).

The exhibition program will not be judged primarily on technical content, so Kwan could compete with limited jumps. I'm not sure what the first program is to be judged on.

Because the first program will be skated in inverse order of ranking at the US Championships, the order for the Ladies will be Czisny, Hughes, Cohen and Kwan. For the men it will be Weiss, Lysacek, Goebel, Weir.

If it is basically a popularity contest, then I think it's safe to assume that the second program will be Cohen vs. Kwan.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I am so happy to finally see michelle skate. The withdrawal is over. However I can't help filling nervous for her. GO MICHELLE!!!

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
RG- not just that, but a select few of these fans seem to select certain posters to continually bait and annoy. It gets on my last nerve :mad:

I'll try not to bait and annoy you, RD. Well, I ran out of bait anyway, so that's a moot point. I still don't understand what RDF's are. Are those RedDog Fans? :laugh: Ok, sorry, just had to do that because I ran out of bait.

Rock on!:agree:

Rgirl said:
But I've gotten too many posts, PMs, etc. from Radical Kwan Fans who have said verbatim, "I just don't understand how anyone could not love Michelle."
As Judas said at the Last Supper, "Is it I?" :laugh:

See, what it is, is, not loving Michelle is a form of mental illness. It's like saying, I don't love the sunrise.

It's like saying, I don't love the first crocus in February, poking it's brave little head up through the last cruel snowfall of winter. (That particular crocus -- the purple one next to my rose-of-sharon bush -- is named Michelle, natch. ;) ).

Not loving Michelle is like saying you don't love it when you pull up to a Krispy Kreme -- AND THE LIGHT IS ON!

MM ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
realistic51 said:
I'll try not to bait and annoy you, RD. Well, I ran out of bait anyway, so that's a moot point. I still don't understand what RDF's are. Are those RedDog Fans? :laugh: Ok, sorry, just had to do that because I ran out of bait.

Rock on!:agree:

Real- Thanks very much. But you are not one of those posters that I'm referring to. I'm speaking of the ones that relentlessly use sarcasm and low blows to try to make certain other posters feel uncomfortable. And that is definitely not fair. Sounds like something that should be happening on a fan forum.

mandykane21

Rinkside
Mathman said:
As Judas said at the Last Supper, "Is it I?" :laugh:

See, what it is, is, not loving Michelle is a form of mental illness. It's like saying, I don't love the sunrise.

It's like saying, I don't love the first crocus in February, poking it's brave little head up through the last cruel snowfall of winter. (That particular crocus -- the purple one next to my rose-of-sharon bush -- is named Michelle, natch. ;) ).

Not loving Michelle is like saying you don't love it when you pull up to a Krispy Kreme -- AND THE LIGHT IS ON!

MM ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm SO happy to just to see her again!:clap:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Super Cheesefest Voting Update!

Hot off the press from the USFSA via e-mail.

You can vote by phone as many times as you want / can in the time allowed - 75 cents per call.

On-line voting is limited to one vote per computer - no charge of course.

I'm already on the record with how silly I think this format is - especially right smack in the middle of an Oly season. But I really AM looking forward to seeing Michelle skate since we haven't gotten to see her yet this season. I'm also looking forward to seeing all the other ladies and men too.

OK - I'm off to make a fun poll about the voting options. :)

Oh and MM - you are TOO FUNNY!! In your honor, I'm going to wait expectantly by my window in late winter. The first flower that comes up, shedding the first ray of color into the dull brown and white winter world, I will name Mathman. :love:

DG

MissCleo

On the Ice
Mathman said:

MM ;)

That is the best arguement I have ever heardfor Michelle!:agree:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oh, someone please finish off this nearly-dead horse that is the Kwans vs. the anti-Kwans debate! I will give somebody an appropriate tool to drive in the death nail! There is no need for the sarcasm or the veiled mud-slinging. I'm glad that everyone seems genuinely pleased to see her back on the ice, whether they like her or not.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Doggygirl said:
Oh and MM - you are TOO FUNNY!! In your honor, I'm going to wait expectantly by my window in late winter. The first flower that comes up, shedding the first ray of color into the dull brown and white winter world, I will name Mathman. :love:

DG

I would have thought that the first flower would have been named Kimba, and the ssecond Mathman:p