Michelle will be at Marshalls | Golden Skate

Michelle will be at Marshalls

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Interesting. I didn't expect her to do this. I almost wish she wouldn't due to the exhibition-style format, but perhaps it will do her good to be in a competitive atmosphere (even if it is a popularity contest, lol). She missed her first three events, so maybe she is using this as a little warm-up. I wonder if she will do a traditional exhibition or perhaps debut one of her new competitive programs? Either way, I wish her the best. I am glad she isn't sidelined.

bronxgirl

Medalist
I still think that the risk of reinjury outweighs being in a meaningless eshibition without any COP feedback. All this will prove that either her fans or Sasha's fans will hit the phones/computers faster. :yes:

Lucy25

Final Flight
While I am pleased (very selfishly, I must say) to finally get to see Michelle skate again, I wonder how much her participation in this is more pressure by the USFSA than her desire to do it.

Too bad Detroit doesn't get to see this live! :(

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well I really miss MK to the point of desperation but I will believe it when I see it.

LBC

On the Ice
Given the time limit it doesn't seem they can do a LP unless they cut some stuff out. 2min 30 seconds to 3 min 30 seconds. They could do a SP though. Sounds like they want an exhibition though. I don't know why they don't just call it a show and chuck the voting. Since there are no jump requirements Michelle doesn't have to jump at all if she doesn't want to. I'll be happy to see her skating again.

Kathy

On the Ice
I'm sure the fact that she has a committment to do these event weighed heavily on her mind in terms of her final decision. I'm so happy to see her and happy she is well enough to skate at all - but I also kinda didn't want her to do this and risk further injury.

kyla2

Final Flight
Good Luck To Her

I wish Michelle the very best in this competition. My heart will be out there with her on the ice.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Since the requested programs are both "exhibition" type, with no jump requirements of any kind at all, then this might give Michelle a chance to get out, without having to do anything that would risk further re-injury.

orchid

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
Interesting. I didn't expect her to do this. I almost wish she wouldn't due to the exhibition-style format, but perhaps it will do her good to be in a competitive atmosphere (even if it is a popularity contest, lol). She missed her first three events, so maybe she is using this as a little warm-up. I wonder if she will do a traditional exhibition or perhaps debut one of her new competitive programs? Either way, I wish her the best. I am glad she isn't sidelined.

Oh, I think a good deal of psychological mechanics are at hand here.
:clap:

Did it say she would skate? or just show up? Marshalls needs someone to sell its produce.

Anyway, she'll win by the phone calls whether she skates or not. No US skater has the popularity she has = not Tara, not Sarah, not anyone.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
The person (a representative of USFS, BTW, so that adds credibility) just said she'd "be there". I take that to mean she'll be skating...what else could she have meant?

Otherwise...ITA. She's there, she wins. Popularity contest. All over.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Perhaps it will give MK a chance to do some of her "upped" component elelments a tryout before the public. If it's a case of popular vote, Ms Kwan could come out and be pushed around the rink in a folding chair to an adoring crowd and she could win a "fan-based vote":love:

I do remember hearig on last years national commentary that Kimmie M. skates her programs a lot before the public. At this point, it would be a longshot if anyone were to attept to "steal" any of Michelle's moves before Nats/Olym/Worlds... so nothing to lose by showing up and collecting your VERY LARGE appearance fee:laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I'm feeling for you, RD. It's sad that so many people like her.

Joe

OTOH, it's not sad people like her. But completely understandable. What IS sad, however, is that a lot of these fans don't understand why others don't feel the same admiration for her.

Bowers

Rinkside
Michelle will be at Marshalls!?!

Is this competition tailored to Michelle's present circumstances? Very strange to have this kind of exhibition Cheesefest with Nationals and Olympics bearing down so quickly. Is there any relevance in a popularity contest sandwiched in the midst of a hot competitive season. Is it strange that Michelle would be participating in any competition that wouldn't provide direct input for the bigger events ahead--especially since she has been in absentia from all the other comps. Is something afoot? Very interesting.

Bowers....

Vash01

Medalist
Bowers said:
Is this competition tailored to Michelle's present circumstances? Very strange to have this kind of exhibition Cheesefest with Nationals and Olympics bearing down so quickly. Is there any relevance in a popularity contest sandwiched in the midst of a hot competitive season. Is it strange that Michelle would be participating in any competition that wouldn't provide direct input for the bigger events ahead--especially since she has been in absentia from all the other comps. Is something afoot? Very interesting.

Bowers....

Michelle needs to skate before an audience before the USN, no matter what format it is- cheesefest or anything else. She has been off the ice for so long that it will be a good warmup for her. I can't wait to see her skate again.

Vash

I'm thrilled and happy for Michelle that she is well enough to compete on 12/11! Bummer that she won't get COP experience, but any experience is better than none.

Who knows? MK may have a few people who know the COP really well, ie, retired skaters, do a private COP evaluation on her program just so Michelle can get a general idea of where her program stands. Or as Vash said, she may just need to get in front of an audience.

Best of luck to her. I think who wins the popularity contest for the ladies is a no-brainer.:laugh:

Rgirl

flowjo35

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
The person (a representative of USFS, BTW, so that adds credibility) just said she'd "be there". I take that to mean she'll be skating...what else could she have meant?

Otherwise...ITA. She's there, she wins. Popularity contest. All over.

I am sure the haters will be out in full force to try and make sure that does not happen no matter how she skates. Win or not, it does not matter, Michelle fans are just happy to see her skate for the first time this season. Good luck and continue to heal Michelle.:)