Music suggestions for 2022-23 | Golden Skate

Music suggestions for 2022-23

farornaskonung

Rinkside
I really enjoyed last year's thread about dream music suggestions. So I thought, why not starting one for next season already, posting our music suggestions for specific skaters/skating in general? :giggle: (I hope this doesn't comes off as tasteless during this day... I feel like I need some sort of distraction from the news)

A suggestion for the thread is to keep one piece of music per post (or, if a mix is proposed, the pieces that you want in the mix). This way it's easier to react more specifically to others suggestions.
Also, If you have input on if the music is skateable or not, and why, I at least would appreciate thoughts! Like, how it builds, is it too fast etc.
(I'm not going to use the music or anything, just like to think about these things. Trying to act choreographer in my head :biggrin: )
And lastly, perhaps we can try to avoid warhorses! Doesn't have to be music no one has ever skated to before, but like, we can try to keep it fresh! (here one can check if the music has been used a lot before)

Looking forward to your music suggestions!

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Since Yuma skated to a Misia song, I thought of another song by her that might be good for Wakaba. It has one line in English: "Never make me cry again."

Last edited:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Two years ago i refrained myself to say that Wakaba shoud skate on "bird set free" because it was too unconventional for a competitive program, but girl ended skating on it:laugh:
Maybe i should just think about my wishes so they will become true.

As another unvonventional choice i would like a pair or ice dance team to skate on "fade" by Kanye West. I can't believe no one picked it for this season's rythm dance. Or "love lockdown".
"Forever" by Labrinth for an ice dance program.
"Feel it still" by Portugal.The man.
"Hit the road jack" by Ray Charles.

Last edited:

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I would like to seem more skates to video game soundtracks. We had at least four Gladiator programs this season, Schindler's List, Star Wars; other skaters select more obscure movie soundtracks but for some reason I don't think I have seen many game soundtrack programs, ever.

I would love to see someone skate to something from Final Fantasy...doesn't really matter which one, 1 to 10 all have fantastic soundtracks, although Aerith's theme or One Winged Angel from 7 would be great. Or Waltz for the Moon from 8 for ID...Or anything from Witcher 3.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Not a music selection, but Han Yan has mentioned via social media that he wants to choreograph a program for Yuma in particular because Yuma has said he admires and looks up to Han Yan. Well, Yuma retweeted that and I REALLY want this to happen. I have no clue what music it would be set to though.

For Shoma Uno, I want him to skate to the Yuri on Ice theme (Miu Suzaki and Ryuichi Kihara used it as a SP in 2017-18). It's a very emotional and beautiful piano piece that reminds me a bit of his "Dancing On My Own' program, except this one is about not dancing on your own.

Mark Kondratiuk needs to do a horror movie soundtrack and really get into character because that would be another fun program from him.

KaoriFan

Rinkside
2046 Main Theme
by Shigeru Umebayashi

I suggest this to Tom Dickson once, he actually email me back haha. I don't think he ever used it though.

Hopefully someone will use 2046 music one day, the movie has incredible soundtrack.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have one specific request and one non-specific request...

My specific request would be for Shoma Uno to skate to "Tout L'Univers" by Gjon's Tears. I know that Morisi Kvetilashvili skated to the same music this year (and kudos to him for selecting such awesome music), but I honestly think that Shoma would be able to interpret the music so much better...

Just look at the way the artist moves his arms in this rehearsal video! It's similar to the way Shoma moves, isn't it?

The artist is Swiss, surely Stephane must know about this song...

My non-specific request is for someone to skate to any piece of music by Keiko Matsui. She's been one of my favorite artists for a long time and I think a lot of her music would be very good for skating. Her music is often defined as smooth jazz, but it’s genuinely more interesting than that label suggests.

And more video game music in skating is a great idea! (I adore the music of the Persona series...I think some of the music from Persona 3 would be good skating music, although love Persona 4 the most.)

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Not with her desire to do 5 quads, she had great FS music this past year and it was totally wasted with her performances.

Which Queen of the Night version? Opera, instrumental, or W. Houston, etc.
Probably Whitney?

IMO a full-on operatic version could be a bit distracting because it’s so dramatic all by itself. I mean, it’s basically the Queen having a hissy fit. ;)

but …speaking as a soprano, I’d give a LOT to see a quad timed with one of the high F’s in that aria! :biggrin:

Trusova4Ever

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not with her desire to do 5 quads, she had great FS music this past year and it was totally wasted with her performances.

Which Queen of the Night version? Opera, instrumental, or W. Houston, etc.
Opera, I know it would be a challenge but picture it, dyed black hair, dark makeup, with her intense eye contact, hitting 5 quads accented on the high Fs. One of the most technically challenging free skates ever set to one of the most challenging arias ever.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to seem more skates to video game soundtracks. We had at least four Gladiator programs this season, Schindler's List, Star Wars; other skaters select more obscure movie soundtracks but for some reason I don't think I have seen many game soundtrack programs, ever.

I would love to see someone skate to something from Final Fantasy...doesn't really matter which one, 1 to 10 all have fantastic soundtracks, although Aerith's theme or One Winged Angel from 7 would be great. Or Waltz for the Moon from 8 for ID...Or anything from Witcher 3.
Halo would be amazing!