Nathan Chen | Page 972 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
One more article from Reuters

1111bm

Final Flight
@Mamamiia While enjoying some older videos of Nathan, I rewatched your Sun Valley recording of his La Boheme practice out in the sun. The way he moves looks so beautiful and effortlessly elegant! 🥺 His speed and the way he's floating across the ice, stunning! Thank you so much again for capturing it, and with such high video quality at that!
(also still voting for him to put on his casual practice attire for competition instead of a costume, 😄 still think he looks the best in those clothes)

Makes me so sad that we didn't get to see him skate his current programs in their raw form during last summer, in a carefree, relaxed setting such as Sun Valley practice usually is for him. And who knows what's going to happen this upcoming summer... 😟😞

1111bm

Final Flight
^ I rewatched those videos over the weekend too! Wish I had handled the camera better during Caravan open practice!
I especially love those first Land of All outings from that summer, I really enjoyed that first shortened version of it and the way he skated it at Sun Valley.

shine

Record Breaker
Im pretty curious as to what kind of sponsorships these entail. Like does he get paid a salary? Or they are just giving him free stuff?

sheetz

Record Breaker
Im pretty curious as to what kind of sponsorships these entail. Like does he get paid a salary? Or they are just giving him free stuff?
I'm guessing there is money along with bonuses for medaling at major events like Worlds/Olympics. Even though he is retired I'm sure Michael Phelps is not on Team Panasonic for the free headphones. :rofl:

shine

Record Breaker

1111bm

Final Flight
I think he should wear at N95 mask (if he isn't already planning to). Airplanes are SCARY.
I would assume so... I sure hope he's not planning on just wearing plain cloth or surgical masks (or a combination of both, since he's planing on double masking).

Would it make sense to frequently switch your seat during the flight? (if that is even allowed, and assuming the plane is not flying with full passenger capacity)

Because I was thinking, what if you happen to be sitting in proximity to an infected passenger? Even when both are wearing a mask for the whole duration of the flight, but knowing that masks don't keep in and out all of the air (and then, I'm sure many passengers do take them off at least a few times to eat or drink). And taking into account that most of the air gets diverted by the air filtration system, but not all of it (I've read that it doesn't eliminate all horizontal air flow) leaving a small amount of potentially contaminated air that might still reach you via a horizontal stream of air that's passing by your seat. And assuming that there's a constant air flow pattern in the cabin, with constant exposure over many hours, that small amount might be enough to contract Covid.
So wouldn't changing your seat every few hours be a good precaution?

1111bm

Final Flight
So... are we expecting another chapter in the evolution of Nathan's costumes? Or will he keep the ones form Nationals?
At this point I'm living for Nathan's costume reveals. :laugh:

Don't quite get the logic behind putting skaters form the same country together in one group, potentially eliminating a whole country's team should someone in that group test positive. Or do they expect them to be in contact anyways (even though they're not training together back home), outside of practices?

lurkz2

On the Ice
Don't quite get the logic behind putting skaters form the same country together in one group, potentially eliminating a whole country's team should someone in that group test positive. Or do they expect them to be in contact anyways (even though they're not training together back home), outside of practices?
Maybe so they can avoid a certain federation's skaters without an international outcry?

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Wow what happened to the 4Lz?

Ah well, he will most likely change it up at the last minute. Hopefully he gets a new shirt for the FS and not wear ShaeLynn's blouse. :biggrin:

lurkz2

On the Ice