Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
Even though it's Worlds it still feels more like a tune up event with the Olympics coming up so soon. Truthfully, it might not hurt to actually lose once in awhile to take away some of the pressure. That said, we all know how much he hates to lose, and if he goes for the 6 quads he controls his own destiny.

lurkz2

On the Ice
I always worry, more so when Nathan looks tight, but especially this year with the safety issues in travelling to Sweden and competing there I hope he stays healthy and safe.

discode

Final Flight
I need to learn how to relax, apparently. 😂 it's the first competition I'll follow as a Nathan fan and I'm scared. seems like it's yuzurus to take, given their respective performances at nationals
Nathan skates better vs Yuzu than he does against other people the last couple years. I don't know, I think he'll do fine. Of course I worry, but I always worry. :LOL:

bonita

Final Flight

lurkz2

On the Ice
Sandra Bezic picked Nathan as the current skater with the performance qualities of Kurt Browning (16:18)

I think Nathan was Amber Glenn's first kiss at age 16, though he's described as "a male skater she admired more for his on-ice ability than anything else."

bonita

Final Flight
Sandra Bezic picked Nathan as the current skater with the performance qualities of Kurt Browning (16:18)

Sandra didn’t hesitate or even think for a second before she said Nathan‘s name. She is so on the same page with Kurt about Natha’s potential to become an extraordinary performer 😊

I really wish there will be some further collaborations with Sandra. Both the two programs she did for Chen Lu using traditional Chinese music are master pieces.

Butterfly lovers, Nagano Olympics 1998

Spring Breeze, worlds 1996

Nathan’s message about the upcoming InspirAsian Speaker Series event Organized by Cornell and Yale

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Worlds time schedule has been posted. Practice begins Mon Mar 22. SP is Thursday and FS is Saturday.

Also the announcement for WTT

bonita

Final Flight

1111bm

Final Flight
Not that I expected anything else from him, but his planned jump layouts are (still) killing me... 😩

Also not sure about the mental health part, after seeing him at Nats and comparing to the last two seasons... hopefully he'll succeed at a better mindset when he steps onto the ice for his programs at Worlds.

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
One more article from Reuters

marie.francoise

Rinkside
I really love the casual side hits at his haircut. "The mop-topped skater with a haircut on his to-do list" 😂😂

Last edited:

1111bm

Final Flight
@Mamamiia While enjoying some older videos of Nathan, I rewatched your Sun Valley recording of his La Boheme practice out in the sun. The way he moves looks so beautiful and effortlessly elegant! 🥺 His speed and the way he's floating across the ice, stunning! Thank you so much again for capturing it, and with such high video quality at that!
(also still voting for him to put on his casual practice attire for competition instead of a costume, 😄 still think he looks the best in those clothes)

Makes me so sad that we didn't get to see him skate his current programs in their raw form during last summer, in a carefree, relaxed setting such as Sun Valley practice usually is for him. And who knows what's going to happen this upcoming summer... 😟😞

1111bm

Final Flight
^ I rewatched those videos over the weekend too! Wish I had handled the camera better during Caravan open practice!
I especially love those first Land of All outings from that summer, I really enjoyed that first shortened version of it and the way he skated it at Sun Valley.

bonita

Final Flight
Our boy picked up another sponsor, Team Panasonic

ETA:
Panasonic IG, it is also in its IG story “Breaking News” 😂

Panasonic Twitter account

Phil Hersh

Nathan’s sponsor page

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Im pretty curious as to what kind of sponsorships these entail. Like does he get paid a salary? Or they are just giving him free stuff?

sheetz

Record Breaker
Im pretty curious as to what kind of sponsorships these entail. Like does he get paid a salary? Or they are just giving him free stuff?
I'm guessing there is money along with bonuses for medaling at major events like Worlds/Olympics. Even though he is retired I'm sure Michael Phelps is not on Team Panasonic for the free headphones. :rofl: