Nathan Chen | Page 1076 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

augwin19

Spectator
Hi! Been lurking for a while, but first time posting. Noticed a post on Facebook today - looks like Nathan is going to be the celebrity featured on an upcoming episode of Secret Celebrity Renovation on CBS, making $100,000 in updates to a Salt Lake City skating arena. Should be fun to watch (and we love a charitable champion!) - along with that episode of Celebrity Family Feud, whenever that finally airs! https://www.facebook.com/100017738975782/videos/686264722448639/

augwin19

Spectator
Nathan was an answer on today's Jeopardy! but nobody knew him. :rolleye:

At 7:15
To be fair, these folks also couldn't identify the Super Bowl MVP in another question even with a photo, so it seems like they might not have watched a lot of sports on TV the first two weeks in February? Still - for shame, people!

Last edited:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan making a reappearance in Spur magazine next month.

Mark K on sharing the same practice with Nathan at the Olympics
“Before the competition, I was simply amazed by Chen. We were in the same warm-up in the short program and trained together accordingly. One of the workouts was scheduled for the early morning. I thought that I would go out, calmly ride without any complex elements. And then Chen comes out and at six in the morning he performs his short program with a quadruple lutz and a flip! Rides clean and easy, like it’s the best time to train. When I saw this, I was simply ashamed to leave the ice without completing quadruple jumps.

Nathan makes a guest appearance in the film "AAPI Heritage Heroes." (The film honors 6 "everyday," heroes and Nathan is part of the celebrity cast paying tribute to them.)

Korean fans put together a wonderful gift package for Nathan!

Nathan named the top ISU #UpAgain moment.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Another Chicago area person here! I didn't make the trek to the United Center from the boonies but heard it was a great show...Received a text from my cousin that a friend of hers entered some sweepstakes? contest? and won tickets to the show and a personal Meet & Greet with Nathan! She was thrilled! She had a great time and loves the signed poster she received.

View attachment 5281
I had a chance to get some more details from the lady who won the Meet and Greet. She said it was a private Meet & Greet, and they spent about 15 minutes talking to Nathan. She said he was so friendly and personable. He talked about a bunch of topics including Yale, dealing with the Olys and Oly pressure, the Olys with no family present, and just some general details about his family. He was dressed very casually with some torn jeans and I forget what kind of shirt. He said it was really fun to do Stars on Ice and to be able to make a connection with the audience...All in all, it sounded like a really fun time! They were able to take pictures with him. It was all done in a very safe way with masks, etc.

reader3

Chicago Lady
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I had a chance to get some more details from the lady who won the Meet and Greet. She said it was a private Meet & Greet, and they spent about 15 minutes talking to Nathan. She said he was so friendly and personable. He talked about a bunch of topics including Yale, dealing with the Olys and Oly pressure, the Olys with no family present, and just some general details about his family. He was dressed very casually with some torn jeans and I forget what kind of shirt. He said it was really fun to do Stars on Ice and to be able to make a connection with the audience...All in all, it sounded like a really fun time! They were able to take pictures with him. It was all done in a very safe way with masks, etc.
Thanks for sharing, Arriba.

sheetz

Record Breaker
At the Boise M&G Nathan indicated he plans to perform his Mozart program in Japan this summer.

Raf and his team were selected as PSA Coach of the Year

On June 12 ABC will air the tv special, "Time100: World's Most Influential People," which will be filmed at the June 8 Time 100 Gala in NYC.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/simu-liu-time-100-gala-tv-special-abc-1235153998/

Last weekend to see Nathan at SOI!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Nathan reunited with his "niece" at the Seattle SOI. He said he plans to go on vacation after the Portland show.

Nathan also made an appearance in the Madisons' IG Live

Before the show fans ran into Nathan and Mariah at Seattle's Pike's Place

Here's a nice fancam of the Seattle Space Song from a little further back. He changed up the ending a little. Good sized crowd.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Brandon's photo dump, including some shots/video with Nathan.
Here Nathan is watching Brandon and JLB perform a head banger.

Group photo with the cast

Clip of What a Wonderful World where they changed the choreo so that Nathan hugged Alysa.

A photo of Nathan's Olympic FS won the PSA photo of the year!

reneerose

Final Flight
LOL Mariah and Nathan. I just got my autographed photo with Nathan's sig on it. I ended up buying it online after the SOI. Yeah I wasted some money, but I have an autographed photo. However, the way he signs his name doesn't seem to actually read as his name. He probably signed thousands of these before the show in his spare time.

sheetz

Record Breaker
At the SOI M&G Nathan said he has no immediate plans to cut his hair.

Chens in paradise. No sign of him yet but the rest are there.

Skaters trying to learn the Rocketman chsq (and failing miserably!)