Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2013: Sep 25-28 [Oberstdorf, Germany] - Olympic Qualifying Event

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Aw J10 is cute. "I got a medal?!" Congrats on getting on the podium!

That reaction was great, wasn't it!

And it was great to see my fellow Ulsterman, Neil Wilson (3 times British champion), sitting beside him! :biggrin:

Congratulations Jeremy! I never heard tell of you until recently, and I'm really impressed. Those were 2 great performances, and you thoroughly deserve to get on the podium!

And congratulations to Neil for helping to get him there! ;) :biggrin:

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of J10 in the years to come!

CaroLiza_fan

Matilda

Medalist
Go Papa Oda!!! That was a terrific skate, and a great program for the Olympic year. :love:

And Jason's Riverdance is just going to get better from here. Please tell us already that he'll replace Evan at SA--I'm dying to see him skate this live! :)

Also, Jeremy Ten is adorable. This is a lovely podium! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And great to see my fellow Ulsterman, Neil Wilson (3 times British champion), sitting beside him! :biggrin:

Congratulations Jeremy! I never heard tell of you until recently, and I'm really impressed. Those were 2 great performances, and you thoroughly deserve to get on the podium!

And congratulations to Neil for helping to get him there! ;) :biggrin:

I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of J10 in the years to come!

CaroLiza_fan

So happy Canada has three Oly spots -- he has a great shot at getting one of them.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/nt2013/NT2013_Men_FS_Scores.pdf <--- protocols

Nobunari's BV was higher than Jason's entire TES score, so yeah. :biggrin: But look at that GOE! +2 for 4T-3T, +2.43 for his second 3A and +1 or higher on 9 different elements! Good job Oda.

Jason, as I thought got a 3A<<, he also got UR on 3F and got some major - GOE on those two jumps. Also got a level 3 on the last spin, otherwise he would had all level 4 elements again. So those three things cost him nearly 10 points. But otherwise some high scoring elements including the 3A-3T + 3Z-1L-3S at the second half. And some nice +2s across the board for his first step sequence! A good, early season performance to build on!

IleK

On the Ice
Yes!! Zoli did it ;)

Woot!

Thenk you Alex D and you guys who rooted for Zoltan. It really helped. This was the skate of his life and his face was so expresive while skating, smiling and doing funny faces as if he was very relaxed. I love that about him. And I thank his coach, former romanian skater Gheorghe Chiper for taking Zoli to Switzerland with him and coaching him for free. Or at least I've heard he got a job teaching skating lessons to kids so that he can cover the expenses or a part of them. Shame to the Romanian federation for not helping him, I hope they are hiding somewhere and not showing their face, when our representant qualified second to the Olympics.

I loved Brandon Kerry, such a beautiful and elegant boy and what a beatiful 3A he did. He is very young and I hope he will become a regular name on the worlds entry lists from now on.
Oda was simply "wow". Perfect. He must go to Sochi. But he has to stay calm and don't lose it when it counts.
Congratulations to all six men who qualified and I am really sorry for a few others who I thoght they did really well in the long program but because of a less good SP couldn't qualify. I think there should be more available spots for the Olympics. I really hope the brazilian guy would make it after Isadora did it yesterday.

For the Ice Dance, I want so much the spanish couple to qualify. They are the first alternates after the short dance.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really liked Zoltan. He was tons of fun!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Zoli is such an inspiration for other Athlets. He took a deep breather after every Element in the end, that was pure Zoli and I am so happy for him, he really deserves every point and cheer he got. It is really impressive how solid he did it, he did it out of his own strength and did not need any "pushes" from other Athlets missing out etc.

Also loved Oda´s performance, he was so impressive last year and he was again in 2013. Very curious about his exhibitions kate, last year was so funny when he fell, still laughing about this and he might as well!

Time for Ice Dancing, I hope more people will show up though. Its really empty right now and I think this is a real pity. Ice Dancing especially the FD is so much fun to watch. I always have goosebumps, just a pity that Kolbe / Caruso cant be here, I so love that couple!

Hoping for some very emotional and energetic programs today :)

Sadly no live coverage possible, I dont have a power source and my batteries only last for about 1 hour :(

GOGO Estonia, Taavi Irina woot!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ohhhhhhhhhhh Ice Dance, go O'Brien/Merriman! Make this day AUSTRALIA DAY!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Irina Taavi - 106.21

Slow opening, nice lift, very charming beginnning. Aww like 2 snow flakes floating over the ice! Great steps on the right feet, close turns nice! Great elements in the new music part, shame the Twizzle :(, wonderful lift passage. Oh such a dramatic part now backed up with those instrumentals, last 10 seconds magikal, wow what a fantastic way to close a FD!

But they both didnt look that happy, it is understandable that Twizzle part went all wrong its such a shame.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I loved the Austrian's Free Dance. Entertaining and you can see that they challenged themselves. Sochi might not be their time but they seem to be improving!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think I'm going to watch the first group of ice dancing. I think I'll tune in for the second though since I want to see Heekin-Canedy and Dun..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Oda! :agree: I really hope people will take him more seriously now, and shame on those who said he was done.

175.64 points after turning a quad to a triple and not having a 3-jump combo means he can easily clear 180.

Japanese nationals just got much more interesting. Heck, if he replicates this performance at the Olympics he's a medal contender.