New discoveries for the 2015-16 season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New discoveries for the 2015-16 season

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
*This is a spoiler if you have any desire to watch the U.S. intermediate dance competition on demand without knowing the results.

OK, here we go.

So you're going along, very calmly, watching the final flight of intermediate free dances. You have no expectations whatsoever because you already know Tkachenko & Kiliakov won and they were very cute & little when you first heard about them two years ago. Plus you have opted to just watch the final five teams because you have never watched a dance competition quite this low before, and you are in a hurry to get to the novices.

You sit through one little team, with a girl selling it like Barbara. Then another one that makes at least a couple awkward errors and still manages to come out on top. (Which tells you that you made the right choice skipping to the final group). And then you see IT.

It just pops out at you from moment one. PERSONALITY. She's a little Maia. He's a young Evan. They're skating to Soul Man and Jailhouse Rock. And they are DANCERS.

Avonley Nguyen & Maxwell Gart.

Fan-frigging-tastic!

When you go back to look up the results, you find out they actually WON the free dance. Awesome. Go find them on Ice Network. They are wearing blue/black costumes and skate third from the end. It's totally worth it.

Lutzlvr

Rinkside
*This is a spoiler if you have any desire to watch the U.S. intermediate dance competition on demand without knowing the results.

OK, here we go.

So you're going along, very calmly, watching the final flight of intermediate free dances. You have no expectations whatsoever because you already know Tkachenko & Kiliakov won and they were very cute & little when you first heard about them two years ago. Plus you have opted to just watch the final five teams because you have never watched a dance competition quite this low before, and you are in a hurry to get to the novices.

You sit through one little team, with a girl selling it like Barbara. Then another one that makes at least a couple awkward errors and still manages to come out on top. (Which tells you that you made the right choice skipping to the final group). And then you see IT.

It just pops out at you from moment one. PERSONALITY. She's a little Maia. He's a young Evan. They're skating to Soul Man and Jailhouse Rock. And they are DANCERS.

Avonley Nguyen & Maxwell Gart.

Fan-frigging-tastic!

When you go back to look up the results, you find out they actually WON the free dance. Awesome. Go find them on Ice Network. They are wearing blue/black costumes and skate third from the end. It's totally worth it.

Really enjoyed the Intermediate Dance event. So much talent and potential!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Alexandar Petrov!He's progressing every time I see him skate this season. :yes:
Julianne Seguin/Charlie Bilodeau! Their elegant, neat and clean style of skating is something we don't often see from pair team these days. A breath of fresh air, truly. :love:
Grant Hochstein! omg, such a breakthrough season for him finally! :rock:
Elladj Balde!! All of sudden (to me at least), he DOES skate this season, I mean, he can skate effortlessly without pushing ice to increase speed. He could not do it when he stayed with team Yuka Sato as I remember... WHO taught him??? :thumbsup:
Anna Pogorilaya!!! Her SP at the Russian Nats was out of this world, esp. her step sequence took my breath away in the same way Daisuke always did it for me. :luv17:

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
ETA
Mariah Bell at US Nats! Who can resist loving this girl (am I writing correct in English??? :scratch2:) ?! :luv17::luv17:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Tyler Pierce, who KILLED IT in the SP at Nationals and is currently sitting in third (beating Ashley and less that half a point from beating Gracie) with one of the only clean SPs of the night! :cheer:

princessalica

Final Flight
I'm loving Alisa Federickna (I'm sure I spelled it wrong). I'm horribly biased though, because We basically share a name.

deedee1

Record Breaker
from US Nats Mens SP: Emmanuel Savary. Huge jumps! :rock: This boy has a bright future. Hopefully he stays healthy as he progresses, so that we can see him skate on the Senior Grand Prix circuit soon.