New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt an Orphan?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
… I did some searching, and found out I'd also asked about it on the bottom of page 24 of the 'Adopt an Orphan' thread a year ago, and got the same answer. ...

Oh, yes, now I see that the posts that I quoted were basically a repeat of what you previously had asked and been told.

I do find it amazing (in a good way) that new fan threads seem to be started at such a rapid rate.

And I think it's great that you are so highly motivated to do a lot of updating. Hope that a solution can be found to make things more efficient for you.
[ETA: And to be helpful to the big picture. :)]​

… . I also noticed people ... offering theirs for adoption due to lack of time to upkeep them. ...

I admire your motivation especially because I am an example of someone who still is active on GS and who still likes "my" skaters (for whom I started fan threads way back when), but who just has not put time into their OPs.

(So happens that almost all of "my" skaters have retired by now. Thanks to Mohacz for updating the Moore-Towers/Marinaro OP.)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Earlier, we put out a huge announcement regarding volunteers for the FF, but only received a couple. We still have need for several more. This was when we also offered a GS Supporter Package for the help.

There is nothing written in stone that says you can't adopt a thread that is already created by another poster. I understand the frustration of wanting to have the ability to do it on the spot without going through a mod or original poster. The fact of the matter is that we cannot allow everyone to be able to edit posts (for obvious reasons). We can hand select a few, which is why we have repeatedly asked for volunteers.

At this time, if you feel certain threads are not being updated in a timely manner, please feel free to PM the OP and ask if they would be interested in giving you the thread. If you don't get a response, simply contact of the mods so we can make the necessary transition ;)

Currently, we the FF moderators are supposed to update the OP on the birth month of the skater using a list I have created. Not all skaters that have a FF are on the list - only the ones who have competed this season.

I will soon be moving this thread to the New Fan Fest Threads - Please Adopt An Orphan for our records.

surimi

Shan Ben Cao Tai, keep fighting! ^ ^
Record Breaker
I did see the volunteer wanted announcements, but didn't apply myself. Not that I don't want to help out GS, but I simply don't have the time to maintain more than two fanfests at present. I suppose it's the same for others, that they only find the time to maintain a couple, and will naturally go for the fanfests of their own biggest favorites.

OTOH, the new announcement about contacting original posters or contacting the mods if the OP is gone and done, is a big help. Thanks for clarifying that. I'll be sure to do that.
I'm all for users offering their FF for adoption in this thread if they find they lack the time to maintain them, and that would make the adoption nicely transparent. I agree that only one appointed person being able to edit a FF, sounds like the best solution.