Pairs free | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs free

casken

On the Ice
Z/Z had a good program going until a HUGE splat on the second throw.

Somehow she managed to collect herself a still do sbs triple salchows though .:bow:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Pang/Tong - you can't count them out... They won't go away.

I feel very unpatriotic right now.

casken

On the Ice
S/S

Lots of sloppy mistakes. Step outs on both sbs jumps. Fall on throw 3 flip. The throw sal at the end was lovely but I'm not sure if they landed it in time.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Video loss on IN during S/S skate but from what I saw I think P/T are our new GPF champs.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to P/T beautiful skate they deserve the win.

eta: I am so darn Happy for them.

Last edited:

Daena

Rinkside
This skate was the best today. Congratukations to PangTong.
Mr Bin is winning again :lol:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
OMG. What an unexpected result.
Too bad they didn't show the rest of Aliona & Robin's LP.
Congrats to them all.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Another correct prediction by the me! 3 out of 4 champions correctly predicted!

Pang/Tong were really gorgeous, it's amazing how they manage to recover from disappointments and failures. Both of them turn 30 next year, but they are on.

I am glad, well not really glad, but a bit satisfied that Savchenko/Szolkowy got only the Bronze. I hate it when skaters win because of "presentation" (or should I say "reputation") without backing it up on the technical side. And they are often sloppy. They need to get a grip and maybe not winning because this time the other couples didn't hand the victory over to them by bombing themselves (what, to be perfectly honest, happened quite a few times) might be a hint.

Pang/Tong were really good, just one negative GOE (on the sbs spin), that's a performance for my video library. They could even score a bit higher, they had some lower levels - but who cares about that today?

I am happy that Kawaguchi/Smirnov had a good skate, I like them somehow, I don't even know why exactly (it can't be only because of his looks). A few days ago I read an interview with Moskvina where she said that in her opinion these two just need more experience, a bit more security and then it will work out.

Last edited:

Vincero

Rinkside
Another correct prediction by the me! 3 out of 4 champions correctly predicted!

Pang/Tong were really gorgeous, it's amazing how they manage to recover from disappointments and failures. Both of them turn 30 next year, but they are on.

Pang/Tong were really good, just one negative GOE (on the sbs spin), that's a performance for my video library. They could even score a bit higher, they had some lower levels - but who cares about that today?

I am happy that Kawaguchi/Smirnov had a good skate, I like them somehow, I don't even know why exactly (it can't be only because of his looks). A few days ago I read an interview with Moskvina where she said that in her opinion these two just need more experience, a bit more security and then it will work out. Considering that they had the 3rd best Tech-Score in the LP I believe that too.

I totally agree about Pang/Tong. They've been written off at the beginning of the season, but they've been getting better, and now, here's a nearly clean performance to a gorgeous program (I especially love the Aranjuez part.). I'm a sucker for old-timers hanging in there and comebacks.

And about Kawaguchi/Smirnov, I enjoy watching them skate too. They are a relatively newer team after all. I think what they need is better packaging. I think their SP this year is definitely a step in the right direction.