Pairs free | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs free

Okami

On the Ice
Congratulations to Pang/Tong! I'm very happy with the result. They are my favourites next to K/S. :)

IMO, Kawaguchi and Smirnov are lucky to have the Moskvina touch! However, I do not think full speed ahead on experience will do all that much for them. They are no longer a new team now. They are veterans, and I am sorry to think that they just do not gel.

Kinga

Medalist
Really nice program from P/T. The only problem I have with them (and also Z/Z in that matter) are the positions in the air during the lifts. Both Pang and Zhang look unstreched and stiff!.
And S/S really start to bore me!
Z/Z impressed me more in the beginning of the season. Now I am back to my 'normal' feelings about them - means, nothing special.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Oh no, this just can't be true! :cry: Aljona and Robin, what happened? Where the hell do those issues with the throws come from? It seems like they have some serious problems... Oh, I'm so sorry for them :no:
But nonetheless congrats to Pang & Tong, it sounded like they are the rightful winners!
But what are the final standings now? Top three are clear, but the rest?

samba

On the Ice
I like the UKR a lot, they reminded me of S/S few years ago when they just started to skate together. I hope they will do well in the next couple years :yes:. Do they have the same coach? Their style are similar, even her look:biggrin:
The Chinese were good, they deserve medals :bow:. If Shen/Z decided to come back for Olympics, Chinese could sweep the podium :rock:.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Very disappointed in S&S. They had such a good SP, i thought that they were getting it right. Seems like her hair cut was a curse.

Medusa

Record Breaker
But she looks much better in her new hair style.
That's what the German commentators said on Eurosport after the program: "The positive aspect tonight: we have to applaud the hairdresser who did Savchenko's hair, looks really good on her. The negative aspect: everything else."

rosee

On the Ice
:rofl: They are funny, always trying to see the positive side.
I'm glad she changed it because she looked too much like Tatiana Volosozhar.

Really nice program from P/T. The only problem I have with them (and also Z/Z in that matter) are the positions in the air during the lifts. Both Pang and Zhang look unstreched and stiff!.
And S/S really start to bore me!
Z/Z impressed me more in the beginning of the season. Now I am back to my 'normal' feelings about them - means, nothing special.
Weight Lifters (not body builders) will work to get the bar bell comfortable in the squat position (the barbell, btw, is stiff) and then it becomes an easy lift over the head when rising to standstill. It may be that the lady in the Pairs must have her body stiff for an easy lift by the gentleman.

Classical dancers will lift everso softly without a hint of stiffness or acrobatics. The Lady jumps as the gentleman begins the lift, but they are not doing it for points. They are doing it to hear the ahhhs and ohsss from the audience.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I actually think this could be good for S&S. Ever since last season, I think they've been complacent. There have been ample questions regarding their 2008 World Gold, but I think they might have just assumed that this was the level they had to maintain to cruise to OGM. A misstep at GPF is far less painful than one at Worlds or even Europeans. I would hope that this is going to give them an incentive to back and work on those basics that failed them here.

Fae

Rinkside
Thank you thank you for the link!!!!
I love this LP.

I can't find any other video links online...*cries*

Kinga

Medalist
Weight Lifters (not body builders) will work to get the bar bell comfortable in the squat position (the barbell, btw, is stiff) and then it becomes an easy lift over the head when rising to standstill. It may be that the lady in the Pairs must have her body stiff for an easy lift by the gentleman.

This is not what I meant. Compared to other female partners, for example Aliona Savchenko or Tatiana Volososhar, chinese girls have more ugly and not strechted positions in the air (IMO).

Buzzz

Final Flight
Congratulations to all the winners and hope all the sick skaters recover soon.