Pairs Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mukhortova/Trankov are getting better, but it wasn't the dream skate they needed.

3Lutz twist - nice!
SBS 3toe+2toe - Maxim nice! Masha singled the 2toe
SBS 3Salchow - Maxim nice! Masha puts both hands down
throw 3loop - Masha hangs on!
Passionate Trankov - love it!
Clean lift
throw 3Salchow - terrible fall for Masha! So sad!
another great lift!
wonderful unison on SBS spins - such a strength for them!
playful choreography - wonderful & Trankov whistles - so cute!
excellent lift!
pair combo spin - clean!

Oh, she's disappointed at the end & on the verge of tears headed to the K&C.

1 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
182.07 1 1

Easily the leaders for now!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana Volosozhar / Stanislav Morozov got 115.14 points and are currently in 2nd place. So they beat M/T in LP...

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Ah... always those salchows...
But that still is one of the most beautiful programs out there

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe Savchenko/Szolkowy have just won their 3rd consecutive European Championship. The only error I spotted was in the SBS 3Salchows. He doubled and she tripled, but put her hand down. Otherwise, their LP is in a different league from what we've seen.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And, as expected, the question becomes which top Russian team wins the European silver medal this year?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY
GER
199.07 2 1
2 Yuko KAWAGUCHI / Alexander SMIRNOV
RUS
182.77 3 2
3 Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV
RUS
182.07 1 4
4 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Stanislav MOROZOV
UKR
171.34 4 3

Well, it's clear that the judges see M/T as having more potential and overall quality than K/S. It was VERY CLOSE for that silver medal! Had Masha/Max skated a clean LP, they would have been much closer to S/S. I estimate M/T lost 8 or 9 points with their mistakes in the LP.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think V/M were undermarked. They didn't desrve a medal - not with the gap from the SP, which was justified - but their score tonight should have been higher. As always the lifts were gorgeous, and the program really worked.

This time, Savchenko/Szolkowy absolutely earned it. I like how they came out with two such completely different programs this season and were convincing in both.

Ingo Steuer has doen a great job with both teams - and maybe those Swiss kids will get better, too.

gold12345

Medalist
Isn't a 132 really high for a less than flawless program? Then again, M/T seem like they scored really high as well considering the errors they made, so maybe it was just a high-scoring event.

Medusa

Record Breaker
K/S got downgraded on the second Triple Toe. I thought that the TES was low...

Isn't a 132 really high for a less than flawless program? Then again, M/T seem like they scored really high as well considering the errors they made, so maybe it was just a high-scoring event.
Just have a look at the GOEs, loads of +2s, some +3s - and they deserved those. I don't like overscoring, but this time I think they deserved the points they got.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Protocols are online...

Everything else was +GOE, so Aliona & Robin ended up with a good ten points over the base mark. I actually agree with this, the quality of the elements this time was really good.

I thought both K/S and V/M could have been scored a bit higher, so not sure about this being a high scoring event. And the gap between the top four teams and everyone else was huge - and rightly so.