Pairs Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Isn't a 132 really high for a less than flawless program? Then again, M/T seem like they scored really high as well considering the errors they made, so maybe it was just a high-scoring event.

S/S received 134.01 for their LP at the 2007 Europeans. They really did skate very well today in the LP. The exception was the SBS 3Salchows. It really is a beautiful LP and the best LP they've ever had, IMO. It helps being reigning World champs too. I think the scoring today is justified. I wouldn't have said the same thing yesterday when they placed 2nd in the SP with a fall from him. They should have been 3rd there.

oleada

Record Breaker
Isn't a 132 really high for a less than flawless program? Then again, M/T seem like they scored really high as well considering the errors they made, so maybe it was just a high-scoring event.

Not for this performance. Aside from the 3S, they did every element superbly.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
S/S deserved the victory and the score. It was the best free skate from them in a long time, I felt for the last while they were handed there big scores but tonight apart from the 3S they rocked

M/T were just pipped to the silver, which is probably fair. I like their programme, if they skate it clean it should score real big. Still their short was outstanding:clap:

V/M came back well but were to far behind after the short. Once again impressed with I/M, she was not the best on the jumps tonight, but they really command your attention and they went down well with the crowd.

On the whole it was a good competition. I hope Sokolova will be ok,

lmarie086

Medalist
The only one I've seen so far is Savchenko/Szolkowy and this is what I expect from a World champion pairs team. That was a great performance; other than the glitch on the sbs triples, it was absolutely amazing. Reworking the placement of some elements seems to be just what they needed; weren't both throws in the second half before? I admit to liking some of the original version better, but this is still a very special LP. Congratulations to them...

Poor Mukhortova/Trankov, I haven't seen them yet but it sounds like they didn't have a good performance. I really like them and was hoping they'd at least finish second. Maybe their LP needs some reworking as well?

ETA: watched them. I think the concept is good and I think it could really work well for them. But it's not well executed at this point, the program needs a bit of an overhaul in choreography. It worked for Savchenko/Szolkowy (though their LP was already breathtaking IMO), it could work for them.

Last edited:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
:cry: I feel so sorry for M/T. I was really hoping they'd have a good LP. Did the same person choreographed the SP and the LP? I don't really dislike their LP. I rather enjoyed the one they did at TEB. It's just that the two programs are so different, and the SP is definitely more well choreographed.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I believe Savchenko/Szolkowy have just won their 3rd consecutive European Championship. The only error I spotted was in the SBS 3Salchows. He doubled and she tripled, but put her hand down. Otherwise, their LP is in a different league from what we've seen.

that is still a bog improvement over earlier this season when they could not land the throws. I can't wait to see this on you tube. My curiosity is peaked about the"fake bun."

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I hope Sokolova will be ok
Apparently she's feeling ok, but will be off the ice for at least 10 days. Hopefully they'll be able to have good preparation for Worlds and skate better there than they did in Helsinki.

figuristka

Medalist
The top LPs are up on youtube but anyone have Erica RISSEEUW / Robert PAXTON free program? thanks. I really liked them.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Szolkowy is a dwarf! Look at this photo (Reuters). He is like really tiny. And Trankov, if that is supposed to be a smile, -2 GOE.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Szolkowy is a dwarf! Look at this photo (Reuters). He is like really tiny. And Trankov, if that is supposed to be a smile, -2 GOE.
Szolkowy's ISU bio says he's 1.75m, which I guess is pretty short for a pairs skater (Smirnov is 1.83, Trankov 1.87, as is Stanislav Morozov)). But hey, so long as Robin can get the elements done, who cares?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Szolkowy's ISU bio says he's 1.75m, which I guess is pretty short for a pairs skater (Smirnov is 1.83, Trankov 1.87, as is Stanislav Morozov)). But hey, so long as Robin can get the elements done, who cares?

Isn't being 1.80m or more deemed to be a hinderance as a figure skater? At the end of the day they still need to rotate triples!

Ant

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Isn't being 1.80m or more deemed to be a hinderance as a figure skater? At the end of the day they still need to rotate triples!
Tomas Verner is listed as 1.80 and Alban Preaubert as 1.82 (funny, he doesn't seem that tall), and both still manage to rotate quads... I'm no expert but wouldn't a man skating pairs have to be pretty big to do some of the pairs elements? I looked at some random entries from this year and Szolkowy and Chad Tsagris were the only ones under 1.80.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Alban Preaubert as 1.82 (funny, he doesn't seem that tall
He doesn't seem that tall because he has such a poor posture...

I was just kidding around with the photograph. Savchenko is really petite (in contrast e.g. to Murkhatova, who needs someone as tall as Trankov) and they seem to be doing really great, even with a relatively short man. And he definitely has the power, that shows in the height of their throws, the amazing lift where he is in the spread eagle - their Triple Twist isn't really high, but it's clean, that is what counts.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Trankov, if that is supposed to be a smile, -2 GOE.

Well, he gets a full string of +3 GOEs for sex appeal from me.:love::bow:;)

:laugh: It almost seems to be Trankov's nature to be more serious, passionate, and edgy when he is on the ice. It gives him a certain mystery that I find interesting. I've seen many playful photos of him off the ice though, being a bit of a joker and being lighthearted and relaxed. :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, he gets a full string of +3 GOEs for sex appeal from me.:love::bow:;)
Of course... :love: He really looks dark and tall and handsome. And Smirnov is so handsome too, just in another way - he looks lighter, and I don't just mean his hair. I just love this photo of Smirnov, you probably know it.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Well, he gets a full string of +3 GOEs for sex appeal from me.:love:

Of course... :love: He really looks dark and tall and handsome. And Smirnov is so handsome too, just in another way - he looks lighter, and I don't just mean his hair.
Well, I don't get Trankov's appeal, and normally I like the darker guys. But Alexander Smirnov is very handsome, even in the hideous SP outfit.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course... :love: He really looks dark and tall and handsome. And Smirnov is so handsome too, just in another way - he looks lighter, and I don't just mean his hair. I just love this photo of Smirnov, you probably know it.

Oh yes, Medusa, I :love: that photo of Sasha and Yuko! I have seen it before, but not of such magnitude . . . they are exquisite! They both look extraordinary with those cream/off-white outfits . . . maybe they should consider something similar, simplistic yet beautiful, for their on-ice costumes, as I find that color presents a lovely contrast to their natural dark features. I also love the color mix on that chair Yuko is sitting on. They're both so beautiful . . . very model-like in that photo shoot. Romantic and dreamy. *swoon* :love::bow:

BTW, I had heard at one point that these 2 were a couple . . . is that true and are they still together off-ice?

From my understanding, Masha and Maxim were also once a couple off the ice, but that was some years ago.