Pairs Long Programs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Programs

gold12345

Medalist
Lubov has dropped so much weight in the past couple of years... I feel like she's lost TOO much weight.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't get past the atrocious look of I&M. Her being a little drag man accentuates their size difference. She looks about 6 years old and I hate the whole program. Doubt they'll score too well either.

it reminded me of a cheap imitation of G&G's Gershwin Medly program that they did as a pro... and how old is she really because I was thinking she looked like she was 11 years old lol

gold12345

Medalist
it reminded me of a cheap imitation of G&G's Gershwin Medly program that they did as a pro... and how old is she really because I was thinking she looked like she was 11 years old lol

She will turn 20 in a week. And she used to look her age until she started losing so much weight. I don't think it helps her skating.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Right now I am most looking forward to Takahashi/Tran. I enjoyd them a lot yesterday.

But go all!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wenjing Sui/Cong Han (CHN)

Music: The Soul of Flamenco by Michael Laucke

4Tw - nice! But she lands a bit on his shoulder
3T+2T+2T - she 2foots and UR's 3T
3STh
BoDs
FCCoSp - ok unison
ChSp
3FTh - nice height
2A - looked clean
Li
PCoSp
Li
Li

Solid performance. She is very expressive, I like that!

Last edited:
Wow, Sui-Han have an exciting program. He's so intense and good-looking -- the flamenco style fits him like a glove. He actually could be Mexican! A bit of a stretch for her. She's another baby. Hope she doesn't outgrow him. He's very strong and one of their lifts was exquisite (as also their spiral) but not sure he could handle another 10 pounds. Their jumps were so far apart that I couldn't see both at once, lol.

YES!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Amazing performance from Sui/Han. I wasn't fond of their FS last year, because it didn't make the absolute best use of their performance abilities. This one did! Superb star turns from both of them. Han so strong in the flamboyant flamenco style. I love it!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Fun to watch this pair. Something great for the future. Big quad twist, wow!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Gret energy, performance and effortless throws and lifts. Finally a tiny Pairs girl for China. Dangerous threats and possible future greats. Just give them a few years.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran (JPN)

Music: Concerto de Quebec by Andre Mathieu

3FTw - nice
3S - landed
3T+2T - he stepouts on first - she does 2T+1T
BoDs
FCCoSp
Li
3STh - stepout, hand down
3TTh - 2footed
PCoSp
Li
ChSp
Li

Nice complex choreography, but too many mistakes...

Takahashi and Tran... even if they never fix those jumps and throw (which I pray they will), no other pair can touch them in beauty or emotional connection. They are heaven-kissed. The lifts are unbelievable.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
What I love about Sui/Han is that they're both shameless hams who aren't afraid to go for it for a performance. Rare find in any discipline of skating, never mind two at the same time in pairs.

Takahashi/Tran have so many dancerly moments to their program, just lovely. Shame about the mistakes.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Another style for the japanese pair, so beautiful. Sadly some tech problems. PCS should be high, right?