Pairs Short Program Play-By-Play | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program Play-By-Play

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Savchenko / Massot

Ridiculously high triple twist. Only a double salchow from Massot, ouch. Almost went down on that throw 3F but she landed it somehow! Lovely choreography throughout the step sequence that's super cheeky. Great death spiral right into the multidirectional spin.

I love how much snap, sass, and flapper-ness exuded from this performance. Huge shame on the doubling of the triple salchow from Massot. I hope he doesn't beat himself up too much on it, and that they come back with a vengeance in the free.

On the inside: :hopelessness: :sad21:

Last edited by a moderator:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
21 SAVCHENKO Aljona / MASSOT Bruno (GER)

Music: That Man performed by Caro Emerald

White sparkly fringe dress / grey vest, whie shirt, black pants

3Tw - huge!
2S - he pop, she did 3T
3FTh - big, but bit tight landing
3Li
StSq
FiDs
PCoSp

Oh no, pop from him. Gold chance gone already? He looks disappointed

SP: 39.16+37.43 = 76.59, 3/21

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
22 TARASOVA Evgenia / MOROZOV Vladimir (OAR)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov

Black/red costumes

3Tw
3T
3LoTh
FiDs
PCoSp
3Li
StSq

Great skate, she fistpumps! Should be a close 2nd

SP: 43.97+37.71 = 81.68 (PB), 2/22

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Tarasova / Morozov (RUS)

Fantastic height in the triple twist. Great unison in the sbs 3T and wonderful ride-out in the throw 3Lo. Strong combo spin, though I'm still not a fan of their last wishy-washy layback upright spin. Great cartwheeling entry into the lift. Great footwork to finish and overall stronger than they performed at the team event.

Definitely worthy of the second position here and should be behind the Chinese pair by about a hair. It was somewhat emotionless but the technical merit, wow, it was stirring. I wish they would stick with this kind of classical music in the free because that Candyman music might just let them down.