Pairs Short - Results | Golden Skate

Pairs Short - Results

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
That is not a very high score at all for them. Hopefully for their sake they made a mistake in the short program, or else they are not as out of reach of others as I thought. Maybe the judges are starting to see their previous opinion of them was inflated. :biggrin: I agree they are very good, but never found them that exciting or inspirational personally. :no:

slutskayafan21 said:
I agree they are very good, but never found them that exciting or inspirational personally. :no:
That's the big knock on this pair, that they are robotic and unemotional. But I saw them in COI last year and they rocked the house. I hope they will be able to bring out some of that audience connection in their competitve programs this year.

MM

No surprises and a not very competitive competition.

I think T&M knew that and just skated it as a dress rehearsal.

Joe

Mathman said:
That's the big knock on this pair, that they are robotic and unemotional. But I saw them in COI last year and they rocked the house. I hope they will be able to bring out some of that audience connection in their competitve programs this year.MM
MM - I think big lifts from any team rock the house.

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
Their only real competition is Shen & Zhao ... without them, they will win going away ... just like Navka, Plushy and Irina.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Do we have any Chinese speakers? Being up early and spending time watching live coverage of the women's gymnastics all-around, I saw a piece about Shen and Zhao. But I don't know just WHAT the news was supposed to be! Shue and Hongbao were shown slowly skating around a rink together followed by tons of reporters and a sound bite from their coach. But what does that MEAN? Are they skating? Back to serious practicing? Is there any chance they will be able to compete at the Olympics and/or World Championships?

Wish I could find an English report on what's up with them...