Patrick Chan | Page 265 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Wow, they are all pretty good out there (even if you consider that it's pretty short video)! I used to dance hip-hop in the past so you can trust me, huh. :) Does it mean that Weaver / Poje want to bring hip-hop into their SD next season? I think so.

Haha, your comments pair well with this poster for Patrick's show in Grand-Falls Windsor:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cgz89osUYAASkdP.jpg

https://twitter.com/carolbaileyy/status/724231787845718016

I didn't realize that he was doing TWO shows in Newfoundland this weekend! I'm assuming he'll hang around the area until his SOI show in Halifax next week.

Thank you for your comments, VB and 4everchan. Patrick is indeed at the master artist stage, and it's a treat for our eyes. I want to see him continue to grow in his confidence and enjoyment of his performances - just enjoying the process of skating for the love of it, and not comparing himself to others or worried about what they are doing. Some of his comments after Worlds about adding another quad, etc., worried me because even though I know he was frustrated, I don't want him to lose sight of his original goal of bringing back the artistry and balance to the sport, and becoming a more versatile skater. I think there's still a lot of pressure on him to "keep up" with the jumpers, and he needs to find a way to tune those voices out so he can do what he does best.

If there's such a thing as a sport "loving you back', I want Patrick to leave his mark in such a way that the sport can hardly live without him.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think adding the 4S has always been in the card for Patrick as long as he continues to compete. I believe his cutoff would be 3 quads in an LP because he talked about loss of program performance with 4 quads. As long as he competes, he wants to win, but not at all costs, physical or artistic in particular. I have no idea if he would do 2 quads in his SP. Maybe if the new quad becomes as comfortable an consistent as his 4T.

He always does the hard stuff in his transition even though they are not appreciated enough by most fans. Slim build and flexibility are not his strengths but still there are a few crowd pleasing moves and poses he can include in his programs so it will be less strenuous for him without losing PCS or aratistry.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Haha, 4everchan, so you noticed the typo finally. Even though you decided to turn meals into medals, I thought it was fine to turn medals into meals as well. Besides that, I really appreciated that post. Hopefully, we don't have to suffer 4verchan withdrawal as you attend to your other life activities outside the forum, including earning and enjoying your own meals, or maybe some medals? ;)

Coriana

On the Ice
ARe you sure? I see the Esqualo shirt, but I hear Blackbird. I think he switched the Blackbird Dear Prudence Vest because he's changed the vest for MTK.