Patrick Chan | Page 361 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
It was all recorded, so I'm not sure if the entire video will be released at some time. Here is a video of the game they played: http://dai.ly/x4rhgge
That video is so cute! :laugh2: On the same channel, there are also videos of Kaitlyn and Andrew playing Heads Up! and of all the skaters singing "Don't Stop Believing" together. :) Was this meant to be a one-time event or is it intended to be a series somehow? I am very :confused: because the term "talk show" typically implies there will be multiple episodes.

ETA: It seems to have been a one-time event, at least for right now. For the record, I would probably really enjoy an ongoing figure skating talk show. ;)

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Seriously, what has Uniglo got to do with figure skating apparels? They manufacture and retail casual and sports wear all over the world and have supplied Japanese Olympic teams, but I can't find them doing any figure skating wear. Evidently they are likely planning to promote figure skating clothes by signing up Patrick, but so far they have not made any statement fashion wise with what he wears. Elite figure skaters wear custom designs to go with and enhance their programs and as we all know, some costumes are very elaborate and even OTT. Patrick may be wearing their specialty casual and sports wear but he has not exactly modeled any designer costumes yet.

I hope the late debut of this season's costume is a sign that Uniglo is actually custom designing and tailoring his costume this time. Or else 4everchan may need to start that petition and initiate a boycott after all.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^

Uniqlo with a q :)

fashion noob !:palmf:

I swear it was a typo! I wasn't even aware of it till you pointed it out. However, I actually am somewhat oblivious to popular fashion. Not quite extreme like those busy billionaires, I nonetheless do not wish to spend too much energy on clothes though I'm vain enough to maintain a good body and dress appropriately and simply. I care about looking good, but not about looking fashionable or wrapped in status symbols. Fashion noob? That sounds good. Snob? That too.

OK, So what do you have to say for this Uniqlo?

&*%@! I actually kept finding typos in my post so I had to edit it multiple times.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I swear it was a typo! I wasn't even aware of it till you pointed it out. However, I actually am somewhat oblivious to popular fashion. Nor quite extreme like those busy billionaires, I nonetheless do not wish to spend too much energy on clothes though I'm vain enough to maintain a good body and dress appropriately and simply. I care about looking good, but not about looking fashionable or wrapped in status symbols. Fashion noob? That sounds good. Snob? That too.

OK, So what do you have to say for this Uniqlo?
kei nishikori looks really good in it ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
kei nishikori looks really good in it ;)

Don't care. What about their responsibility and honour of dressing Patrick for his competitions? Are they up to suiting him for his sublime skating and masterpiece performances?

Patrick will look good in those tennis wear too. But figure skating and performances require costumes, and for Patrick, custom costumes befitting a multiple Worlds title holder and Olympic Medalist.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
is the joke you made turning against you?

at least he won't look like he is wearing a piece of toilet paper

Don't care. What about their responsibility and honour of dressing Patrick for his competitions? Are they up to suiting him for his sublime skating and masterpiece performances?

Patrick will look good in those tennis wear too. But figure skating and performances require costumes, and for Patrick, custom costumes befitting a multiple Worlds title holder and Olympic Medalist.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and the clothes will be fitted ans showcasing his gorgeous body :)

btw... why do you guys now worry? honestly, uniqlo doesn't do black bird like clothing... yet patrick is wearing a nice outfit that works well with the program... it's simple and elegant and damn sexy :)

OK OK. Not looking like he is wearing a piece of toilet paper is good enough.

and you know what i am referring to right?

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
OK OK. Not looking like he is wearing a piece of toilet paper is good enough.

:scratch2: :laugh2::laugh2:

Have you seen the new suit javi for malagueña?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwbho5MUUAE54-V.jpg

Apparently Javi commented on it, too:

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/794544482561556480

You can see the entire outfit here:

https://twitter.com/berliozsilvia/status/794580850528714752

And our friend @3flip3loop noticed this about their similar SS scores:

https://twitter.com/3flip3loop/status/794585010477133824

Just coincidences, I'm sure....

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Apparently the COR judges liked Javi's fake suspender so much that they found a way to reward him.

I like Javi but these judges had too much of the happy juices before the Men's SP at COR.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The sponsorship of Uniqlo for Patrick Chan probably helps offsets his costs, training the US is expensive for a Canadian right now with the exchange rate. I hope they can provide a new LP costume for him soon, at the SC ceremony I felt like what he was wearing was such a non costume standing beside Yuzuru and Kevin who were both very spiffy.

My friend's old skating coach used to design outfits for Patrick Chan when he was still a novice, those costumes are expensive, for some lower income skaters (such as my friend), she allowed them to pay for the cost of materials and she would make the costume, a dress maybe cost about $250 in materials, the full cost factoring time it takes to design and make the costumes and any alterations puts it closer to $1000, and this was for lower ranked skaters. I remember Patrick auctioned off a replica of his Elegie SP costume for charity and it was sold for a little over $1000, my friend told me it probably cost that much to make it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

For those who have not listened to Javi's interview with Jackie Wong:

It was only after receiving his own completed costume that Javi had any idea that Patrick's is similar.

What Javi told Jackie was something along the lines of:
After picking up his costume last week in Montreal, Javi showed it to Orser -- who asked, "Have you seen Patrick's costume?" Javi said No. As soon as he did see Patrick's, he recognized the resemblance and realized why Orser asked.

The sponsorship of Uniqlo for Patrick Chan probably helps offsets his costs, training the US is expensive for a Canadian right now with the exchange rate. I hope they can provide a new LP costume for him soon, at the SC ceremony I felt like what he was wearing was such a non costume standing beside Yuzuru and Kevin who were both very spiffy. ..

Sorry to be uninformed, but what is the basis for all the posts in this thread about Uniqlo?
Did I miss an official announcement that Uniqlo is sponsoring Patrick?

(I'm asking the group -- not singling out Krunchii, although I have quoted only Krunchii's post.)

It would be wonderful :dance2: if Uniqlo -- as a major global brand -- were sponsoring Patrick :cool:.
Some social media posts from the Shibutanis in recent years have indicated that they have had some sort of affiliation with Uniqlo (although I never saw an official announcement from them or from Uniqlo).

Even if a Uniqlo sponsorship has been confirmed, what is the basis for the expectation that Uniqlo will have anything to do with Patrick's costumes???
I do not consider Uniqlo a "fashion" brand. More like an anti-fashion brand, IMO. High-quality non-designer clothing.
I have never once wondered whether Uniqlo is or will be involved with the costuming of the Shibs.
Tessa Virtue has a sponsorship deal with Adidas -- but surely none of us expect Adidas to be involved in her costuming.
Same for Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold and their sponsorship deals with Nike.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Uniqlo is over a million times wealthier than Tu Ly who provided well researched, well designed and well made costumes for Patrick with exquisite details one could see in close up. His tops never got pulled up through the vigorous performances. The attires were always well fitted and retained their shapes and drapes through each competition and the season. I understand why they were sometimes a little late. Uniqlo can do a lot better.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Uniqlo is over a million times wealthier than Tu Ly who provided well researched, well designed and well made costumes for Patrick with exquisite details one could see in close up. His tops never got pulled up through the vigorous performances. The attires were always well fitted and retained their shapes and drapes through each competition and the season. I understand why they were sometimes a little late. Uniqlo can do a lot better.

VB ... please help me understand.

Is there any evidence that Uniqlo has custom-designed anything for Patrick?
Is there any evidence that Patrick is wearing off-the-rack stuff from Uniqlo as his costuming?

I am not being snarky. I am sincerely mystified as to the origin of all the Uniqlo discussion.

Meanwhile, I just looked at the Uniqlo website, and I see that it does collaborate with some designers.
So I stand corrected on that point.

But I remain skeptical that Uniqlo (even if it were a real sponsor) would be designing costumes for Patrick.
The Tessa Virtue analogy still applies, IMO.

Last edited: