Patrick Chan | Page 363 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
swooning or OHMMM : we just have different specialties :)

Yup. You're almost overtaking my years of loyalty with a year and a half of swooning. :dumb:

That would be a worthier thread than quite a few others.

i wonder if Patrick has been caught flirting with strangers at airports ;)

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
Catching up on this happy thread! :yahoo:

I do like the interview with PJ - I think we are seeing more of his true personality coming out, and he seems more centered and humble when he is giving interviews. Like he said, he realizes now that the goal is not for him to try to be better than other skaters, and that comes out when he is talking. There is less defensiveness and a more good-humored approach to answering questions I also love that he's learning to enjoy the process more, too! Yes, it seems that our positive energy and encouragement is reaching him! :yes2:

Here's a funny photo caption from Getty Images - I'm sure Nathan would get a chuckle out of it:

https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/795761084368044035

I'll work on my blog tomorrow - I may be able to transcribe the interview so non-English speakers can translate it online. Also will be adding to a photo page that I'm working on - gotta add that lovely photo that Calica posted of the recital! I wonder if Patrick skated in that recital with the other students? It reminds me of the music recitals I've been in, where most of the performers were 10+ years younger than me, ha.
That caption! :laugh2: There is currently no elite skater named Nathan Chan! Although, Patrick's artistry/skating skills plus Nathan's jumps (without Nathan's injuries, in my hypothetical world) would make a pretty ideal skater. And I :agree: with your paragraph about Patrick being very "centered" in interviews nowadays, focusing on where he is and not being worried about his competitors as much as he was pre-Sochi.

I was reading about the cool features vBulletin has I saw that you can see the number of posts a user's made in a thread. Well for this thread Violet Bliss you are number 1! Here are the numbers for you guys to see, and you can also find the posts by a specific user: http://goldenskate.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=35721
I KNEW IT - 346 of my 562 GS posts are in this thread! That is 62% of my total posts. :eek:: Patrick really does get most of my time and love. :yes: Out of curiosity, how did you get to this cool little feature, Mango? I didn't know there was a way for us to find the stats for that and I said as much in a recent post here. :laugh:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
I KNEW IT - 346 of my 562 GS posts are in this thread! That is 62% of my total posts. :eek:: Patrick really does get most of my time and love. :yes: Out of curiosity, how did you get to this cool little feature, Mango? I didn't know there was a way for us to find the stats for that and I said as much in a recent post here. :laugh:

You get a potato medal for being fourth! :laugh:

I have to give credit to others for finding it, but this is how you do it.

Go to any subsection, like say, Fan Fests.
You'll see a column for Replies/Views.
Click on the number beside Replies for any thread you want.
That will bring up the page that I linked to.

So for this thread I see right now
Replies: 7,243
Views: 937,538

Click the 7,243. You can also click on the number for each poster to see their posts in a thread.

Enjoy. :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm sorry I can only supply golden mangoes. :laugh:

Or you could attend Breaking the Ice next year and get a nice photo with Patrick. I offer to be your photographer. :)

Oooooooh.......golden mangoes! Who needs medals? You can't eat them.

Wait, golden mangoes, they are edible and yummy, right?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
:eeking: lol... did you read too much fan fiction ? lol in most of them patrick and yuzu become an item :rofl:
not happening under my watch :noshake:

LOL Nope, I don't engage in such practices. But it does seem like Patrick is saying, "Well our oldest can be the first girl to do a quad Loop," and Yuzu's like, "Please, she's going to be doing a quad Lutz. Uncle Boyang is taking care of it."

Enough madness from me. :laugh:

Maybe I just need to see you photoshopped into this photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMRTs5iBlu1/
It's a long wait until Nationals!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL Nope, I don't engage in such practices. But it does seem like Patrick is saying, "Well our oldest can be the first girl to do a quad Loop," and Yuzu's like, "Please, she's going to be doing a quad Lutz. Uncle Boyang is taking care of it."

Enough madness from me. :laugh:

you just did ;) i even provided colours for you
Maybe I just need to see you photoshopped into this photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMRTs5iBlu1/
It's a long wait until Nationals!

no need... perhaps that's me? :devil:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
you just did ;) i even provided colours for you

no need... perhaps that's me? :devil:

I guess I am writing the fan fiction now? I still don't read any though! :laugh: Hey, if Chiddy ever has a kid who skates you and I will be front row cheering him/her on.

I thought you described yourself as a bearded man! Were you trying to fool Nikolaj?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hehe ;) beard is off today ;) some more fan fiction written here LOL
I guess I am writing the fan fiction now? I still don't read any though! :laugh: Hey, if Chiddy ever has a kid who skates you and I will be front row cheering him/her on.

I thought you described yourself as a bearded man! Were you trying to fool Nikolaj?

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
hehe ;) beard is off today ;) some more fan fiction written here LOL

Aw, please don't make it fiction. I mean, I cheer on Justine Brasseur as niece of Isabelle but I also like her skating (she won the junior title at Championnats A this weekend too, crazy girl). Would do the same for any Chiddy Jrs.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah... but i just found out Isabelle's own daughter is skating for the USA with a canadian boy... GRRRR ;)
Aw, please don't make it fiction. I mean, I cheer on Justine Brasseur as niece of Isabelle but I also like her skating (she won the junior title at Championnats A this weekend too, crazy girl). Would do the same for any Chiddy Jrs.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
yeah... but i just found out Isabelle's own daughter is skating for the USA with a canadian boy... GRRRR ;)

:eek:topic: You reminded me of a funny moment. Justine was having a fabulous FS at JGP Dresden and off to the side you see her cousin watching her with this look that was like...OMG. Justine definitely inherited the pairs genes.

I'd laugh forever if Chiddy had a kid who went into ice dance.

That reminds me, has Chiddy ever expressed the desire to do ice dance after singles? I am not sure who could be his partner, but his twizzles at Skate Canada were great. He's already got Marina as a coach...